Drought threatens only surviving whooping cranes

Jan 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTOP-FM Washington

Raising its slim, white neck out of the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, one of the world's last surviving whooping cranes hungrily searches a Texas marsh for the blue crabs and berries it devours during its annual migration to the Gulf Coast.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2012

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 9, 2012
 
Drought is the least of their worries. They can find other things to eat. They need to be on the lookout for the giant wind turbines they're putting along the Gulf near Corpus Christie. These are the real bird killers!!
No Doc, Wind mills do NOT rule! They kill!!
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 10, 2012
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
Drought is the least of their worries. They can find other things to eat. They need to be on the lookout for the giant wind turbines they're putting along the Gulf near Corpus Christie. These are the real bird killers!!
No Doc, Wind mills do NOT rule! They kill!!
There you go again WRONG. Wind Mills don't have a brain much like you. Our feathered friends will learn to go around an eco friendly energy producing devise. You said it best "They can find other things to eat" They can also find another path to fly. See the feathered friends are much smarter than you think. OH sorry thinking wouldn't be you best attribute. SEE WIND MILLS RULE.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 10, 2012
 
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again WRONG. Wind Mills don't have a brain much like you. Our feathered friends will learn to go around an eco friendly energy producing devise. You said it best "They can find other things to eat" They can also find another path to fly. See the feathered friends are much smarter than you think. OH sorry thinking wouldn't be you best attribute. SEE WIND MILLS RULE.
Going around them doesn't always work. The blades are moving much faster than what they appear. Wind mills kill birds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 10, 2012
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Going around them doesn't always work. The blades are moving much faster than what they appear. Wind mills kill birds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OK do tell all how a WIND MILL THAT RULES kill birds. So by your logic if you jump in front of a car traveling at 70 mph and you die it must have been the car that killed you. A car traveling at 70 mph while you are walking seems to be going slower. Do explain. SEE WIND MILLS RULE AGAIN!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••