Police Snowmobile Fatal Crash: Dougla...

Police Snowmobile Fatal Crash: Douglas Co. Sheriff Releases Mor...

There are 7 comments on the KSAX Alexandria story from Feb 2, 2010, titled Police Snowmobile Fatal Crash: Douglas Co. Sheriff Releases Mor.... In it, KSAX Alexandria reports that:

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office released new details Tuesday, surrounding the death of an Alexandria Police officer who died in a snowmobile crash on the Central Lakes Trail Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSAX Alexandria.

Sad in Alexandria

Alexandria, MN

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Irresponsible reporting.

Tell us, what does the arrest (NOT confirmed as of 2/2/10 8:30 PM) of the third person have to do with this tragedy?

Perhaps you ought have mentioned that Rob Stanley very likely saved the life of Mark Ruder as he was the one who called 911.

This is a terrible situation for all who are involved and it would have been nice for KSAX to have an ounce of sympathy for those directly involved, including Rob Stanely who lost one his best friends in the accident.
FRIEND

Alexandria, MN

#4 Feb 3, 2010
But that SOMEONE who had to die had no control of the situation! In no way did he have anything to do with this accident. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, So DONT you dare for one second accuse him of being irresponsible. He was simply being nice and waiting for a friend... when out of no where he was hit. They say Good men finish last and in this case - it's the truth. Pat was a GOOD man!
Angry In Alexandria wrote:
How about some details about drunk, off-duty cops that didn't practice what they preached?
Sad in Alexandria, news is news. It is supposed to be unbiased. No sympathy, no accusations, just facts. Wha t do you think of the CBS nightly news? All of the stories they have are about people. Think about that before going off because you are emotionally charged.
KSAX is covering this like any other story, which truly is just another sad story that could have been avoided. But through irresponsibility and poor decisions, someone had to die.
tax payer

Fergus Falls, MN

#7 Feb 11, 2010
I have to say that I believe that this is a tragic story and that the world has lost a kind soul, but my concern is the precession that proceeded the burial. I believe that it was not a good use of tax payer money to send that many uniformed officers and vehicles to attend. If indeed the officers were friends or even wanted to make a stand for their brotherhood, they should have done it on their own time and with their own vehicles. With the state in such a deficit, I don't believe this was responsible spending. This is in no means an insult against Pat or his family. He didn't die in the line of duty, so what makes it okay in this instance and not for a former officer who dies from cancer? Why not give this kind of props to a surgeon who too has saved hundreds of lives? I am not saying that there should not have been that many people there to honor him and his family, I am just saying that it should not have been done at the expense of the tax payers.
Law Enforcement

Honolulu, HI

#8 Feb 11, 2010
Wcco in Minneapolis reports snowmobilie deaths every week and the first comment from the law enforcement is alchohl/no alcohol involved. Why is this law enforcement agency not being forth coming?
Somethings Fishy

Chaska, MN

#10 Feb 19, 2010
Oh, I bet those numbers are real accurate. Where did you find the numbers at?
Down South

Aurora, CO

#11 Feb 21, 2010
To Tax Payer.....I am not sure on the rest of the officers at that funeral but I went for my agency and there is no pay for being there we do it because we are all part of the Law Enforcement family. Until you actually put on a badge and gun and take the oath to protect and serve you will never understand the meaning of Law Enforcement Family. You will only see the So-called tax payer money that is being spent, you are foolish. It would be the same if you lost a family member people would come pay their respect but since they are not in uniform you would see it as ok. I said it before and I will say it again, the same officers you are talking bad about today are the ones who are going to be there to save your ass tomorrow, probably with no thank you when it is all said and done either.
Down South

Aurora, CO

#12 Feb 21, 2010
And one more additional note.....as long as I can remember whether the officer is killed in the line of duty, off duty or dies from either old age or an illness there is always a Law Enforcement contingency there with Dress uniforms on and patrol cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snowmobiling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teenagers Disappear While Snowmobiling (Mar '08) Jun '16 Shellysmom 112
News Cycling makes the grade at Tourism Northern Ont... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Polly 1
News Snow safety focus of task force (Jan '15) Jan '15 markey da masshole 2
News WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec '14 Cici75 55
News Charges possible in moose encounter (Apr '14) Apr '14 sled dog 1
News Three people die in weekend snowmobiling accide... (Feb '06) Mar '14 Anonymous 13
News Idaho man dies in snowmobile accident (Feb '12) Feb '13 YelIowback Crack 24
More from around the web