Big avalanche kills boy in Uinta Mountains - The Park Record

There are 5 comments on the Park Record story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Big avalanche kills boy in Uinta Mountains - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

A 15-year-old Wyoming boy died Monday when a giant avalanche buried him in the Uinta Mountains east of Kamas, the authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

Phil A

United States

#1 Dec 30, 2008
the dude was snowmobiling during high avalanche warning ? good - that is Darwin at work
I Prefer Mountains

West Jordan, UT

#2 Dec 31, 2008
Peace to the family. There is nothing more heartbreaking than losing a child.
stones

United States

#3 Dec 31, 2008
Heartbreaking for all involved. The search and rescue team is amazing, my thanks to all involved. Phil A, you are, well damaged goods, dude.
a calloused rescuer

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Dec 31, 2008
maybe we're all damaged goods, but is there any more that can be done? I have never found a mountain worth dying for in any sport. The warnings are there no one is above the laws of nature.
jillo

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2009
To calloused rescuer and Phil A. The next time you drive your car, motorcycle, snowmobile, or even pedal bike, remember "the laws of nature" yourself. This kid was a great kid, this was a tradegy. Someday it may be you that is someday in need of rescue, hopefully your rescue team will want to help you, not criticize you.
Our deepest sympathy for the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snowmobiling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snow safety focus of task force Jan '15 markey da masshole 2
News WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec '14 Cici75 55
News Charges possible in moose encounter (Apr '14) Apr '14 sled dog 1
News Three people die in weekend snowmobiling accide... (Feb '06) Mar '14 Anonymous 13
News Idaho man dies in snowmobile accident (Feb '12) Feb '13 YelIowback Crack 24
News Morning Briefing Weekend (Feb '12) Feb '12 pissed off mill rat 2
News Video: Josh Herrin Goes Snowmobiling (Feb '12) Feb '12 Josh Herrin 1
More from around the web