Slate Belt couple killed in Maine snowmobiling accident

There are 10 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 24, 2009, titled Slate Belt couple killed in Maine snowmobiling accident. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A snowmobile excursion into Maine 's end-of-winter wilderness last week ended in tragedy for a Slate Belt couple who drove into Moosehead Lake and froze to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
look out

New Oxford, PA

#31 Mar 24, 2009
Hoofty wrote:
Shouldn't they have GPS on the snowmobiles or perhaps imbedded in the helmets in case something like this happens?
Big brother watching you --- why not all newborns get a tracking device embedded in their skulls so parents know where they are at all times. Why not insist everyone get that? Jeez, what next?

“I get to see an Angel everyday”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown, PA

#32 Mar 24, 2009
look out wrote:
<quoted text>
Big brother watching you --- why not all newborns get a tracking device embedded in their skulls so parents know where they are at all times. Why not insist everyone get that? Jeez, what next?
I wasn't talking about a surgical insertion....

Just in case they aren't back in a reasonable time, so that they can be tracked faster....
thinking and typing

Whitehall, PA

#33 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH.Satan had convince you to make that false accusation against me because satan is evil.He hates GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.Satan temps unsaved lost souls to turn against GOD.HAVE A GREAT DAY.
I JUST talk TO god AND he TOLD me TO tell YOU to PUT the CRACK pipe DOWN!
Oh My

Bethlehem, PA

#34 Mar 24, 2009
SlapShot wrote:
<quoted text>
The G in OMG could stand for Gosh too.
You know, God doesn't like judgemental people either, there Sparky.
LMAO!!!!
Oh My

Bethlehem, PA

#35 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>GOSH is to replace GOD.I was not being judgemental.Just remember GOD loves people but he HATES SIN!
WOW...you are a giant bible humper...
Moosehead Lake

Allentown, PA

#37 Mar 24, 2009
My husband and I vacation at the northern end of the lake each summer. It's incredibly beautiful but very remote. No electricity except what they produce themselves with gas-powered generators. Even the southern end is relatively undeveloped. I agree, the lodge could have noticed they were gone. That might not have helped this couple, unfortunately. The sheer size of the area would have made it difficult to find them quickly. God grant them rest.
give it up already

Dublin, PA

#38 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
Pray to the MIGHTY LORD GOD the FATHER in HEAVEN for peace,love,comfort,support and self contorl for those grieving over the deaths of this young couple.
If there was a MIGHTY LORD GOD the FATHER in HEAVEN like you claim - this would have never happened. All of you holy rollers think God can help you, well if that is the case then why does God let all of the bad things happen in this world? Religion has been so blown out of proportion. Religion is just a thing to hide behind because people are afraid of death. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but when you die you die, end of story.
Moosehead Lake

Allentown, PA

#39 Mar 24, 2009
give it up already wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a MIGHTY LORD GOD the FATHER in HEAVEN like you claim - this would have never happened. All of you holy rollers think God can help you, well if that is the case then why does God let all of the bad things happen in this world? Religion has been so blown out of proportion. Religion is just a thing to hide behind because people are afraid of death. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but when you die you die, end of story.
What does it matter to you if someone chooses to believe in a higher power? If when we die, that's it, what is the incentive for behaving well while we're walking the earth?
Gwen

Emmaus, PA

#40 Mar 24, 2009
My Prayers and Thoughts to family. I hope you never read these comment boards, or if you do, you know enough to fast forward, since there are so many idiots on here who indulge in shock free speech since they have nothing better to do. Not sure if they can look in the mirror at themselves and realize what they said about people. However, please know 99.99% of our community is praying and thinking of this family.
Just wanted to say, that I really am sorry for their loss and will keep all of you in my prayers. I really wish this forum would go away. There really isn't a need for it, is there?
Not when you have people just trashing about. Why am I even reading it? Because I wanted to see if maybe for once I could be proven wrong and people could keep it tasteful. wrong!
Lucifer

Coplay, PA

#41 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
Pray to the MIGHTY LORD GOD the FATHER in HEAVEN for peace,love,comfort,support and self contorl for those grieving over the deaths of this young couple.
thank you for doing my work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snowmobiling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snow safety focus of task force Jan '15 markey da masshole 2
News WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec '14 Cici75 55
News Charges possible in moose encounter (Apr '14) Apr '14 sled dog 1
News Three people die in weekend snowmobiling accide... (Feb '06) Mar '14 Anonymous 13
News Idaho man dies in snowmobile accident (Feb '12) Feb '13 YelIowback Crack 24
News Morning Briefing Weekend (Feb '12) Feb '12 pissed off mill rat 2
News Video: Josh Herrin Goes Snowmobiling (Feb '12) Feb '12 Josh Herrin 1
More from around the web