Slate Belt couple killed in Maine sno...

Slate Belt couple killed in Maine snowmobiling accident

There are 30 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 24, 2009, titled Slate Belt couple killed in Maine snowmobiling accident. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A snowmobile excursion into Maine 's end-of-winter wilderness last week ended in tragedy for a Slate Belt couple who drove into Moosehead Lake and froze to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tragic

Allentown, PA

#2 Mar 24, 2009
What a tragedy for this couple and their families. God bless all.
resident

Reading, PA

#3 Mar 24, 2009
"What a tragedy for this couple and their families. God bless all."

ditto.
Are you serious

Greensboro, NC

#4 Mar 24, 2009
I was really hoping they would find them alive. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.
mistygirl318

Allentown, PA

#5 Mar 24, 2009
How very sad..god bless this couple...and there families.

“God Bless Our Soldiers!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Bethlehem

#6 Mar 24, 2009
Very sad- my condolences to the families and friends.
cereal city

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2009
What a waste of two lives. I am so scared of ice, I rarely even walk on it. Ice fishing is a big pass time here, with so many lakes to fish on. These kind of accidents happen here every season. Very unfortunate. Very sad. God bless this couple, and their families.
Sad

Wilkes Barre, PA

#8 Mar 24, 2009
Sad
JasonBourne

Kunkletown, PA

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Sad and scary way to die with your arms and legs going numb while you're still conscious knowing you can't do anything. Having all that gear on doesn't help matters either cuz it just drags you down in the water. Such a tragedy.
thinking and typing

Elkton, MD

#10 Mar 24, 2009
OMG! So sad
Dr Porkchopian

East Stroudsburg, PA

#11 Mar 24, 2009
My Condolences.
corgiman

Allentown, PA

#13 Mar 24, 2009
Sad story, gob bless family
BORN AGAIN

Telford, PA

#14 Mar 24, 2009
Pray to the MIGHTY LORD GOD the FATHER in HEAVEN for peace,love,comfort,support and self contorl for those grieving over the deaths of this young couple.

“I get to see an Angel everyday”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown, PA

#16 Mar 24, 2009
My prayers for not only the couple, but their families.

I guess my question is:

Shouldn't they have GPS on the snowmobiles or perhaps imbedded in the helmets in case something like this happens?

There can be so many things that can happen on these snowmobile adventures that could relly be dangerous, especially with the cold.
SlapShot

Whitehall, PA

#17 Mar 24, 2009
corgiman wrote:
Were they able to retreive the snowmobiles?
You're just sick.
SlapShot

Whitehall, PA

#18 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>Don,t use the LORD GODS name in vain it is a SIN!Some people continue to use the LORD GODS name in vain because it,s common.Ignorant people are giving right in to SATAN!GOD LOVES US SATAN DOES NOT.
The G in OMG could stand for Gosh too.

You know, God doesn't like judgemental people either, there Sparky.
SlapShot

Whitehall, PA

#19 Mar 24, 2009
This is horrible. I don't know them, but I was hoping for a better outcome too.

My condolences.
lee

Allentown, PA

#20 Mar 24, 2009
this is so tragic, but i don't understand - if they left on thursday and did not return to the resort, why didn't the resort notifiy authorities and start searching immediately? i mean, why did their co-workers have to report them missing on monday - 4 days later???!!!
thinking and typing

Elkton, MD

#21 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>Don,t use the LORD GODS name in vain it is a SIN!Some people continue to use the LORD GODS name in vain because it,s common.Ignorant people are giving right in to SATAN!GOD LOVES US SATAN DOES NOT.
Put down the crack pipe down, you've had to much.

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#22 Mar 24, 2009
BORN AGAIN wrote:
Oh FTLOG, give it a rest. And I don't say that "in vain".
Kate

Stroudsburg, PA

#30 Mar 24, 2009
I can't believe the Inn didn't notice guest missing. It is a shame that people couldn't start looking for them until Monday. My thoughts and prayers all with the family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snowmobiling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teenagers Disappear While Snowmobiling (Mar '08) Jun '16 Shellysmom 112
News Cycling makes the grade at Tourism Northern Ont... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Polly 1
News Snow safety focus of task force (Jan '15) Jan '15 markey da masshole 2
News WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec '14 Cici75 55
News Charges possible in moose encounter (Apr '14) Apr '14 sled dog 1
News Three people die in weekend snowmobiling accide... (Feb '06) Mar '14 Anonymous 13
News Idaho man dies in snowmobile accident (Feb '12) Feb '13 YelIowback Crack 24
More from around the web