Woman hit by snowmobile in Readsboro ...

Woman hit by snowmobile in Readsboro dies

There are 50 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Woman hit by snowmobile in Readsboro dies. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

An 18-year-old woman was killed in Readsboro Saturday evening after falling from the back of a snowmobile and then being hit by another snowmobile.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Marx Marxist

Haydenville, MA

#42 Jan 7, 2010
From Williamstown wrote:
<quoted text>
Your choice of user name just said it all for you.
Yes it did. Yes it does.
Serious thinkers don't
drink and then proceed to operate
dangerous motorized vehicles of any sort,
either on the road or on a snow trail.
dave

East Hampton, NY

#43 Jan 9, 2010
Okay folks,
The trick is too ignore the comment. I do not care to read or write about the pros and cons of anything in Marlene's comment.
Everybody in agreement!!!!!!!!!!
dave

East Hampton, NY

#44 Jan 9, 2010
My condolences.
Howard T

Gansevoort, NY

#45 Jan 10, 2010
My condolences to the family.

I too live in a beautiful area surrounded by open fields. Each winter the peace and tranquilty of our neighborhood is shattered by idiots racing at top speed creating enough noise to shatter any sense of civilization. There are rules and regualtions for operating boats (speed, alcohol, etc) why do these folks feel their activity is a "freedom"?
Lets think positive

Clockville, NY

#46 Jan 10, 2010
Howard T wrote:
My condolences to the family.
I too live in a beautiful area surrounded by open fields. Each winter the peace and tranquilty of our neighborhood is shattered by idiots racing at top speed creating enough noise to shatter any sense of civilization. There are rules and regualtions for operating boats (speed, alcohol, etc) why do these folks feel their activity is a "freedom"?
I ride those machines and enjoy it very much as a stress reliever among others thing.I do agree that there are many of those what I call (80 mile an hour cock heads) that ruin it for all of us.But please don't label us all bad .
Howard T

Gansevoort, NY

#47 Jan 10, 2010
Lets think positive wrote:
<quoted text>I ride those machines and enjoy it very much as a stress reliever among others thing.I do agree that there are many of those what I call (80 mile an hour **** heads) that ruin it for all of us.But please don't label us all bad .
Perhaps what you write is true. However I'm sure you are not one of the "80 mile an hour **** heads" who fly around our fields like complete morons. I wish there were more people like you. Besides the speed, I cannot believe that the manufacturers sell these machines making as much noise as the ones around our home sound like. They sound like rocket ships. Is that normal? I doubt it. Something tells me these idiots modify them. Must be the same blockhead mentality that the motorcycle fools get away with.
If anyone has been watching the news, 4 seperate snowmobile fatal "accidents" in two weeks in vermont. Does that sound safe and regulated?
Lets think positive

Clockville, NY

#48 Jan 10, 2010
Howard T wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps what you write is true. However I'm sure you are not one of the "80 mile an hour **** heads" who fly around our fields like complete morons. I wish there were more people like you. Besides the speed, I cannot believe that the manufacturers sell these machines making as much noise as the ones around our home sound like. They sound like rocket ships. Is that normal? I doubt it. Something tells me these idiots modify them. Must be the same blockhead mentality that the motorcycle fools get away with.
If anyone has been watching the news, 4 seperate snowmobile fatal "accidents" in two weeks in vermont. Does that sound safe and regulated?
Yes they are modified in many ways and I do agree the speed is way out of wack and very dangerous.Unfortunitly you cant talk to those morons either they just don't want to here it.I guess its called our future no respect for any one some of those machines can go 100 plus Mph. and that is ridiculous especially after you add booze.But just like road bikes were not all that way and the ones that are ruin it for every one all I can suggest is get a pair of binoculars and get positive ID on them and call the EPO,s thank you for understanding.
Lets think positive

Clockville, NY

#49 Jan 10, 2010
Howard T wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps what you write is true. However I'm sure you are not one of the "80 mile an hour **** heads" who fly around our fields like complete morons. I wish there were more people like you. Besides the speed, I cannot believe that the manufacturers sell these machines making as much noise as the ones around our home sound like. They sound like rocket ships. Is that normal? I doubt it. Something tells me these idiots modify them. Must be the same blockhead mentality that the motorcycle fools get away with.
If anyone has been watching the news, 4 seperate snowmobile fatal "accidents" in two weeks in vermont. Does that sound safe and regulated?
One more thing if it makes you feel anybetter it is not just you having proplems like this.Contact the local snowmobile club and explain the problem and they will put signs up they are pretty good about weeding out the disrespect.
my opinion

Granby, MA

#50 Jan 11, 2010
Marlene Ansley wrote:
I have never liked any of those vehicles that the general public uses for "joyriding".
All terrain vehicles as well as snowmobiles and jet skis. All these vehicles were invented for rescue workers and I wish the government would not have allowed them to be for the general public. Most people that use these vehicles, use them for "joy riding" and I have heard of so many people being killed or nearly killed by them. And most of the time alcohol or drugs is involved. There should be a law passed making it harder for the general public to buy these. It's disgusting. Besides, with the cost of gasoline and all the fuss about not depending on oil so much, people still use these vehicles which use gasoline and pollute the air. If people are still allowed to purchase those damned things, a law should be passed requiring mufflers for them. I for one enjoy a quiet winter snowfall without those noisy snowmobiles. People most of the time are going way too fast anyway, just like the way they drive around here. Also, the damage done to wildlife habitat is enormous because of these vehicles, plus it chases off wildlife. I hate those things! How many more people are going to get killed or maimed before the law moves in and does something about it??
My heart goes out to the family...this was a terrible accident. Even though I feel this is not the place I have to say...Marlene Ansely....I know you, you use to be a tenent of mine. You should be ashamed of yourself posting that comment after a young innocent girl has died. You should hang your head in shame....I seen how you and you husband live...disgusting system sucking slobs!!!
Morgan

New Haven, CT

#51 Sep 10, 2010
jess you are missed so very much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snowmobiling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teenagers Disappear While Snowmobiling (Mar '08) Jun '16 Shellysmom 112
News Cycling makes the grade at Tourism Northern Ont... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Polly 1
News Snow safety focus of task force (Jan '15) Jan '15 markey da masshole 2
News WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec '14 Cici75 55
News Charges possible in moose encounter (Apr '14) Apr '14 sled dog 1
News Three people die in weekend snowmobiling accide... (Feb '06) Mar '14 Anonymous 13
News Idaho man dies in snowmobile accident (Feb '12) Feb '13 YelIowback Crack 24
More from around the web