Soldier killed in parachuting mishap ...

Soldier killed in parachuting mishap was expert jump | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 9 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Soldier killed in parachuting mishap was expert jump | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Ohio National Guard soldier who died early Sunday after a parachute jump was in charge of safety for the 55 or so others jumping that day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

LInden resident

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 25, 2010
I'm very sorry for your loss. Thank you for your family's service to our country and you are all in my prayers.
HSOK

Delaware, OH

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Very sad indeed , my regards to the family . I can not understand how it can be said he was a expert > if he were he would still be with us > a expert would had check the weather before going ,while in the plane and before jumping and the chutes has well . RIP Mr. Mills and may his family find peace upon healing their loss
Guy Average

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 25, 2010
HSOK wrote:
Very sad indeed , my regards to the family . I can not understand how it can be said he was a expert > if he were he would still be with us > a expert would had check the weather before going ,while in the plane and before jumping and the chutes has well . RIP Mr. Mills and may his family find peace upon healing their loss
No matter the level of expertise, he didn't control the wind.

Thank you for your service, CWO Mills.
chilli resident

United States

#4 Oct 25, 2010
RIP thank you for your service and may God hae mercy on your soul...
Cliff

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Oct 25, 2010
Thank you sir. True American. True American family. My thoughts and prayers in this time of loss.

AOL

#6 Oct 25, 2010
HSOK wrote:
How many gusts of wind have you been able to control, Mr. Bad Timing? That's what I thought.
Buckeye-Bearcat

Akron, OH

#7 Oct 26, 2010
HSOK, You are an f-ing moron and should have your head examined. If you've ever jumped out of an airplane, particularly when the drop zone is an airfield, you would know that the wind can pick up without much notice.

Having personally jumped into that drop zone, I know what I'm talking about. Chief Mills didn't pack his own chute and there was nothing more he could do. You should be ashamed of posting something like this. Please kindly remove your post you f-ing idiot.

Chief, it was an honor to serve with you. God bless you and your family. May you rest in peace. We will link up again someday and move out together again.
ClevePara

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Oct 26, 2010
I was on that bird with CW3 Mills, we all had a hell of a time with the wind. There was virtually none when we took off. There was vitrually none when I exited the plane. But about 100 feet above ground level the wind picked up. He was an expert in all things airborne, but nature is not part of that. You are out of line to pick the story apart. It was an accident and a freak one at that. Also, if you are such an expert of airborne operations you would know it is not the jumpmasters call on wind conditions...it probably has something to do with jumping rear of the proppeller's blast. So how could ever determine the wind conditions?
respect

Harveysburg, OH

#9 Oct 26, 2010
I hope you are in peace CW3. You served your country as most do not have the guts to do. May God Bless you and your family in this time of healing for them. And may he have a set ot wings for you in the big blue sky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skydiving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recommendations for the best skydiving drop zon... Apr '16 ivanestebanc 1
News Intensive chair: Accident-prone Brits find biza... Apr '16 DILF 13
News Walking Back From the Brink (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
Skydive soldier held for attempted murder after... (May '15) May '15 mackem 67 1
Base Jumpers Free Fall Off Dubai's Tallest Resi... (Apr '15) Apr '15 bambi 1
News Dubai to host extreme sports expo (Jul '14) Apr '15 Perveez 2
News It's a Sky Life (Mar '15) Mar '15 Angela K 1
More from around the web