Girl, 11, critical after Minnesota ac...

Girl, 11, critical after Minnesota accidental shooting

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 22, 2011, titled Girl, 11, critical after Minnesota accidental shooting. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

An 11-year-old girl is in critical condition after she was accidentally shot in the head when her father's gun went off at a home in east-central Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jorn

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 22, 2011
"Every gun is loaded" my father taught me.

Things like this happen when you forget or lose respect for that rule.
schoolmate

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 22, 2011
Poor maddy that's terrible.
Sad

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 22, 2011
Guns do not discriminate nor are they anybody's friend. If you don't understand this simple concept, you shouldn't even get close to a gun.

Senseless accident and easily prevented.
Second Amendment Forever

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 22, 2011
Guns don't accidentally go off. They do fire when a big lever called the trigger is pulled. Never keep your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot and control your muzzle at all times. This is no accident.

This man should serve time for attempting to kill his daughter.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 22, 2011
jorn wrote:
I bet this guy even knew the gun was loaded but there was a misfired and he was apparently unaware that it could go off while he was attempting to clear the misfire. The lesson learned is to always point the muzzle of a gun in a safe direction or at the intended target. It would have been annoying and embarrassing for this guy to have put a hole in his ceiling (assuming it's a one-story house) but certainly more preferable than to the terrible outcome that did occur.
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 23, 2011
I wonder how all of you feel after you read his crime record....Good chance the daughter is the child he exposed himself to.....check him out.......it is public record...
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 23, 2011
natural selection...
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Apr 23, 2011
too bad we can't choose who our parents are
wow

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 23, 2011
The father needs to go to prison. Why was the gun pointed at his daughter while he worked on it?
SafetyFirst

Stillwater, MN

#12 Apr 23, 2011
ALWAYS wear your helmet.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#13 Apr 23, 2011
So very sad, tragic, and preventable. Bringing the gun INSIDE the house to clear the misfire was obviously a very dumb thing to do.

Maddy, we're praying for you, sweet one. Pull through this so you can run and play with your friends this summer. There's school in the fall to look forward to, and so much more in your life. Fight hard, little girl.
KTK

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 23, 2011
Guns don't shoot people. People shoot people. Isn't that how it goes?
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 23, 2011
ZenBirdist wrote:
So very sad, tragic, and preventable. Bringing the gun INSIDE the house to clear the misfire was obviously a very dumb thing to do.
Maddy, we're praying for you, sweet one. Pull through this so you can run and play with your friends this summer. There's school in the fall to look forward to, and so much more in your life. Fight hard, little girl.
Yes, very preventable had the court sent him to prison when he exposed himself to a child ( and who knows what else he really did. This little girl might have been the one he exposed himself too.)
Clyde Cameron

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Apr 23, 2011
By far, one of the most stupid and tragic stories ever aired. I cannot fathom why Jesse is not going to be charged. If Jesse wants to do the right thing, I'd gladly loan him one of my weapons for 15 seconds that is guaranteed to NOT misfire.
My prayers are with Maddy.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Apr 23, 2011
The uncle says: Our family has always had firearms all through out childhood to adults. Then why would he bring a malfunctioning gun into a house? Its one thing if he were alone and didn't care if it went off and ricocheted off the walls and shot him. But with his kids in the house?? Buncha HILLBILLIES~~~

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#18 Apr 23, 2011
jorn wrote:
Your Dad instilled a "good thing"... Very true
me myself and i

United States

#19 Apr 24, 2011
Second Amendment Forever wrote:
Guns don't accidentally go off. They do fire when a big lever called the trigger is pulled. Never keep your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot and control your muzzle at all times. This is no accident.
Jack ass. If you don't know the man shut your f******ing mouth and cut your fingers off.
jr j

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 26, 2011
Second Amendment Forever wrote:
his finger wasent on the trigger the slide went forward and the gun fired
jr j

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Apr 26, 2011
BRuTaL BRuNeTTe ITaL iANO wrote:
The uncle says: Our family has always had firearms all through out childhood to adults. Then why would he bring a malfunctioning gun into a house? Its one thing if he were alone and didn't care if it went off and ricocheted off the walls and shot him. But with his kids in the house?? Buncha HILLBILLIES~~~
you call him a hillbillie he is from a major city and moved up there
jr j

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Apr 26, 2011
Smartass wrote:
I wonder how all of you feel after you read his crime record....Good chance the daughter is the child he exposed himself to.....check him out.......it is public record...
he came out of the shower and his babysitter saw him naked

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shooting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Zeppelin 1
News Canada helping Brits buy 'Bosnian' and 'Somali'... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Somali 1
News Mugshot practice: Police used black male photos... (Jan '15) Jan '15 cops are psychos 5
News Police shoot dog in St. Clair Shores after comp... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Law and disorder 1
News Florida sergeant fired for having Trayvon Marti... (Apr '13) Apr '13 anksyeyway 28
News Trayvon Martin shooting targets were 'No-Shoot'... (Apr '13) Apr '13 politically incor... 1
Local shooting (Mar '13) Mar '13 lexxy 1
More from around the web