US general apologizes for Quran shooting

US general apologizes for Quran shooting

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from May 19, 2008, titled US general apologizes for Quran shooting. In it, Newsday reports that:

The No. 2 U.S. commander in Iraq apologized to the country's prime minister and vice president on Monday in an attempt to soothe anger over an American sniper using a copy of the Quran for target practice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Carey Winslowe

United States

#1 May 19, 2008
Seems to be fewer and fewer uses for the Quran ... first you can't flush it down a toilet, now you can't shoot at it. What's next??
Truth

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2 May 20, 2008
The soldier who used this trashy excuse for toilet paper should be given a medal instead of reprimanded.
Y Say Sorry

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 May 20, 2008
No need for apologies. Screw the Quran!
Wavy Gravy

Hollywood, FL

#4 May 20, 2008
Apology?
You're kidding right?
Somebody over there needs to grow a set.
eddybee51

United States

#5 May 20, 2008
to go into someone else's home and disrespect their culture and way of life like that is not the way I want to be represented.Reading some of these moronic responses tells me why people come here and want to crash planes into our buildings.You have to give respect in order to get it and being the world leader there is no place in our society for that kind of behavoir
Spam

Wilmington, NC

#6 May 20, 2008
If you were to shoot a Bible here in the United States it would be covered under Freedom of Speech. Terrorists flew airplanes into our buildings because they don’t want/ like us to have those freedoms we enjoy, but primarily consider us all infidels and their enemy. They want you to bow down to their only God (Allah) and read from the only Bible (Quran) they have chosen for you to worship and nothing else. The soldier shouldn’t have shot the Quran either, makes the mission that much more difficult. We need to get out of Iraq and let them go back to their petty bickering among themselves like they’ve done in the name of Allah since its inception.
Carey Winslowe

United States

#7 May 22, 2008
eddybee51 wrote:
to go into someone else's home and disrespect their culture and way of life like that is not the way I want to be represented.Reading some of these moronic responses tells me why people come here and want to crash planes into our buildings.You have to give respect in order to get it and being the world leader there is no place in our society for that kind of behavoir
You are saying that a way of life that glorifies wanton murder and dictatorship under the pretense of religion is a culture to be respected. Fortunately for you, you live in the United States and have the right to voice such a moronic opinion without fear of being stoned to death or beheaded by the government.
johnny

United States

#8 May 26, 2008
Give the guy a medal for marksmanship!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shooting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News REVEALED: Stephen Paddock Described His Bizarre... Oct '17 Blonde 4
News Mt. Washington man arrested after alleged 'targ... Sep '17 Rvd 2
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Zeppelin 1
News Canada helping Brits buy 'Bosnian' and 'Somali'... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Somali 1
News Mugshot practice: Police used black male photos... (Jan '15) Jan '15 cops are psychos 5
News Police shoot dog in St. Clair Shores after comp... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Law and disorder 1
News Florida sergeant fired for having Trayvon Marti... (Apr '13) Apr '13 anksyeyway 28
More from around the web