Dowdy testifies in Christmas Eve murd...

Dowdy testifies in Christmas Eve murder trial

There are 24 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Dowdy testifies in Christmas Eve murder trial. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Despite a foggy recollection of the fatal Christmas Eve shooting that ended the life of 42-year-old David Steed, Thomas Dowdy Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Roy Bean

Katy, TX

#21 Jul 19, 2008

Sweetheart, I'm as real as rain. I don't particularly care what transpired in the past.

My opinion is that it all smells like fish. Its strange that neither party called the cops. Seems that both didn't want 5-0 involved.

All I can tell you is that if there is an intruder on my property, on drugs, on Xmas eve, like that dude, I'll put a hole in him.

And before you tell me that the intruder has to collect three welfare checks and have his truck repo'd. I will make certain that the following conditions are met:

- An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully and/or forcibly enter an occupied home, business or car.
- The intruder must be acting illegally -- e.g. the Castle Doctrine does not give the right to shoot officers of the law acting in the course of their legal duties
- The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to inflict serious bodily harm, or death, upon an occupant of the home
- The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe that the intruder intends to commit some other felony, such as assault, arson, or burglary
- The occupant(s) of the home must not have provoked or instigated an intrusion, or provoked or instigated an intruder to threaten or use deadly force.

Eureka, CA

#22 Jul 20, 2008
It's easy to play armchair prosecutor or defense attorney BUT, unless you are there every day and hearing all of the evidence, you cannot say guilty or innocent. Bottom line, Dowdy is a theif and THAT is how this all got started and went down hill from there.

Arcata, CA

#23 Jul 21, 2008
informed wrote:
Mr. Holmes,
As an insider you are way off Dowdy and his girlfriend Womack have changed their story four times for her and three for him. The mace incident,slashing tire, four wheeler theft David Steed had nothing to do with my guess somebody else Dowdy screwed over. Making threats probably, so does that make it OK to shoot someone, in the back no less I don't think so.
The person that slashed tires, stole the atv and drained the oil out of the truck is most likely the person that Tom stole the rifle from. That's right, the gun used to murder Dave was one Tom had stolen. The guy is a low life thief. Tell me how you defend that Oliver!!

Arcata, CA

#24 Jul 21, 2008
Roy Bean wrote:
I applaud you. Reading this paper and comments, it is plain to see that this part of the country is inhabited by wimps.
Hell, Curious, the man is at his home enjoying Xmas Eve. Personally, I would be lit up on Scotch.
Ask Joe Horn about whether your home is your castle!
By the by, Momma told me that in some places in this world where it gets cold, they burn WOOD to keep warm. Imagine that.
Yeah, enjoying it high on pot, pain killers and booze. The guy is a murderer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shooting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... Jul '15 Zeppelin 1
News Canada helping Brits buy 'Bosnian' and 'Somali'... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Somali 1
News Mugshot practice: Police used black male photos... (Jan '15) Jan '15 cops are psychos 5
News Police shoot dog in St. Clair Shores after comp... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Law and disorder 1
News Florida sergeant fired for having Trayvon Marti... (Apr '13) Apr '13 anksyeyway 28
News Trayvon Martin shooting targets were 'No-Shoot'... (Apr '13) Apr '13 politically incor... 1
Local shooting (Mar '13) Mar '13 lexxy 1
More from around the web