NRA: Public wants armed guards in every school

Dec 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SavannahNow

The National Rifle Association on Sunday forcefully stuck to its call for placing armed police officers and security guards in every school as the best way to avoid shootings such as the recent massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2012

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

The best "armed guards" would be the school employees themselves.
Purple Turtle

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

So the counter argument is to continue what we have with unarmed staff, faculty "protecting" the children?

Don't you anti-gun Nazis (as the Nazis were against the people being armed) care about the children? What about the children? Arm school staff, NOW.
Kent Morgan

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Purple Turtle wrote:
So the counter argument is to continue what we have with unarmed staff, faculty "protecting" the children?
Don't you anti-gun Nazis (as the Nazis were against the people being armed) care about the children? What about the children? Arm school staff, NOW.
Don't try to weasel out of this one, Gonzo. The NRA's hands are full of the blood of those 20 children shot with an assault rifle. The kind of weapon you all masturbate over.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Kent Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to weasel out of this one, Gonzo. The NRA's hands are full of the blood of those 20 children shot with an assault rifle. The kind of weapon you all masturbate over.
The blood is on the hands of the school district and/or the US government for infringing on the right to carry in a school for self-defense and defense of those helpless kids. What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do people not understand?
Peter

Nürnberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

I wonder why a America is faced with that problem anyway. I live in Germany and nobody lives in fear that their children could be shoot up by anybody in school or somewhere else. Maybe it is because weapons are not allowed in general ? Think about it !
Purple Turtle

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Gun control is NOT a national issue; it should be left to each state to decide how to handle it. Montana and New York are not quite the same. I also don't understand why national security is about dabbling in all the problems in the Middle East or Africa. They've been killing each other way before anyone started keeping score - even the Bible is full of historical references to it. Let them kill each other without dragging American troops or money into it. I noticed that none of the other governments have gotten involved to the extent that we have, if at all. Apparently, our government isn't reading much history these days; the Indian Moghuls, the British and the Russians all got their asses kicked. Get out of Afghanistan - nobody wins over there. If the government was seriously concerned about national security, they would put some major effort into cleaning up the US/Mexican border.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Peter wrote:
I wonder why a America is faced with that problem anyway. I live in Germany and nobody lives in fear that their children could be shoot up by anybody in school or somewhere else. Maybe it is because weapons are not allowed in general ? Think about it !
Germany has no murder rate? Amazing.

Guns are not allowed in China either. Instead they use knives to attack school kids.

I recently talked to someone visiting here from China about guns. She lives in fear. Every time there is a knock on the door, she has to ask who it is through the door. She said they have to have very strong doors.(Whatever that means. Don't they have windows they can come through?)

This is true for any country on earth: One man cannot control what another man owns... no matter how strict the laws are. Guns have been invented and are here to stay. The fact still remains that ANYWHERE in the world, guns can be gotten. That leaves other people defenseless.

How does a woman fight off a man, even if he has no gun?

My life is too damn valuable to be taken by a thug. I decide how I will defend myself, period! That decision is not, and will NEVER, be made by another human- EVER!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent National Rifle Association Discussions

Search the National Rifle Association Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Smart Bullets Jul 16 hornets0627 1
The left isn't going to like who conservative c... Jul 14 Drake_Burrwood 1
Ted Nugent's racist attitude toward President O... Jul 13 Drake_Burrwood 1
Made In China Gifts Jul 8 JRR 1
Court orders Chicago to pay NRA&#x26;#x92;s leg... Jul 8 Drake_Burrwood 1
NRA Calls 'Open Carry' Rallies 'Downright Weird' Jul 7 Drake_Burrwood 1
Dudley Brown /ngra Jun 23 jerryhunt-n-carry 1
•••
•••