Jason 'J-Mac' McElwain finishes 15th in marathon, qualifies for Boston

Defying odds isn't new for Jason McElwain, and J-Mac did it again on Sunday. Running in his first marathon, the 23-year-old former Greece Athena basketball manager who gained international stardom in 2006 finished in 15th place with a time good enough to qualify him for the Boston Marathon. Full Story
Yar Dapes

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2012
At least 14 other people didn't slow down this time to let him win. Thumbs up to them for not playing that game.
Mark Reeves

Albany, NY

#2 Sep 23, 2012
Mark Reeves -age 44. Congratulations J-Mac! What a great time!! Thats an elite pace, exceptional job. Having run 1 marathon myself In 2001 with a goal of 4 hours (which i did not quite reach) I can appreciate just how difficult it is to maintain a sub 8 minute pace for 26.2 miles, let alone a sub 7 pace! Thats outstanding. Having just finished the Philly half  marathon, you just gave me the encouragement i needed to train for the Philly marathon this November. Thanks Jason!! Your a great inspiration.
paperclip

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Yar Dapes wrote:
At least 14 other people didn't slow down this time to let him win. Thumbs up to them for not playing that game.
Good on him for trying, but the above quote says it all.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Yar Dapes wrote:
Well I wasn’t there so I don’t know if people “Slowed Down” to let him pass or not. All I know from the results is that he ran it fast enough to be able to enter the 2014 Boston Marathon. I know I could not do that. Did you make it? Will we see you running in Boston in 2014? Even if people did “Slow Down” he made it on his own.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Did anyone trip Bob Lonsberry?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 24, 2012
moneyman67 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I wasn’t there so I don’t know if people “Slowed Down” to let him pass or not. All I know from the results is that he ran it fast enough to be able to enter the 2014 Boston Marathon. I know I could not do that. Did you make it? Will we see you running in Boston in 2014? Even if people did “Slow Down” he made it on his own.
I agree. What the hell is wrong with some people? He qualified on his own!!! Give the hating a rest, losers!
Helen from Greece

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2012
Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. What the hell is wrong with some people? He qualified on his own!!! Give the hating a rest, losers!
We all know you made that horrible post from one of your many fake names, Nickbo. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Helen from Greece wrote:
<quoted text>We all know you made that horrible post from one of your many fake names, Nickbo. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Get a life. This obsession u have with Nickbo reflects more on u than it does on him. Loser that u are.
Harold

United States

#9 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Get a life. This obsession u have with Nickbo reflects more on u than it does on him. Loser that u are.
Listen here pal, don't go talking to my wife like that. I won't tolerate anyone calling her a loser. You have some serious issues that you need treatment for.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 24, 2012
Oh boy. Look who is out in full force today. Meds need adjusting again, huh, Wyle Dapes?
Harold

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Oh boy. Look who is out in full force today. Meds need adjusting again, huh, Wyle Dapes?
You are one looney oddball, that's for sure. Respect your elders!
Black City Stealers X

Rochester, NY

#13 Sep 24, 2012
No one slows down to let J-Mac beat them. If I was running, I'd do my best to beat him. I'll bet alot of those runners dont even know who he is or what he looks like. It's not like he was wearing a "I'm J-Mac" shirt.
I'll bet he could outrun any of the trolls in here.
Thinning the Herd

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2012
They told him to pretend he was running down Clifford at midnight. Looks like it worked!

Location hidden

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Thinning the Herd wrote:
They told him to pretend he was running down Clifford at midnight. Looks like it worked!
LOL!
Steel City Steelers

Boston, MA

#16 Sep 24, 2012
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>You are one looney oddball, that's for sure. Respect your elders!
Harold, tell this jackwad to stop using my name. Tell helen and Joe G i said honk honk. I miss you guys, after we shut hookah down i am bored. See you at joes tommorow night for NAC meeting?

Location hidden

#17 Sep 24, 2012
Seriously. You definitely need help. You do know this, right? I feel sorry for you. I genuinely do.
Do it Gangnam Style PSY

Rochester, NY

#18 Sep 24, 2012
I ran the Marathon doing Gangnam Style the whole way.
Giddy Up

Oppa Sexy Lady

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marathon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR driver accused of abuse says ex is train... Jan 14 Dave 1
World record holder Fiona Oakes to give out pri... Oct '14 Giles Dadd 1
Man Fleeing Cops Joins Chicago Marathon Oct '14 Liberal forever 8
Hartford Marathon Road Closures Will Start Satu... Oct '14 American Gentlema... 1
Hernandez Cites Tsarnaev in Motion Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 10
Settlement Reached In Marathon Defamation Lawsuit Oct '14 Jaime 1
Great turnout at the 2014 Nutrience Oakville Ha... Sep '14 no real debates u... 1
More from around the web