Video: Runners compete in Estes Park ...

Video: Runners compete in Estes Park Marathon

There are 3 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Jun 16, 2013, titled Video: Runners compete in Estes Park Marathon. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

The tenth annual Estes Park Marathon start under perfect skies on Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

AgendaBuster

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Jun 17, 2013
Look, our family has been in this race for several years and this year it wasn't as much fun!
It seemed like fewer sponsors, no tents or venders at finishline. As runners came in, no recognition of their time or their city of origin as they came in from their run.
The food situation was way off this year, and support people and families had to buy food, many had been there since 6:00 or 6:30 A.M! Everything seemed done on the cheap!
Oh, the Parking people were mean! Everything was off this year. We came away with a very UnWelcome feeling and we will need to consider running next year or not.
Sorry, that was our take on this years race. Something changed, we don't know what, but we didn't have as good of a time.
Why bcuz we like you

Estes Park, CO

#2 Jun 17, 2013
M-I-C: See you not real soon
K-E-Y: Why, bcuz we are completely indifferent
M-O-U-S-E: Nobody cares about the marathon when the sale of presure cookers shot up drastically at Safeway and Ace two days before. We like to keep our limbs.
Sometimes

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Jun 18, 2013
things 'run' their course, and need to be either reinvigorated or abandoned. Too many events get started and have a few successful years, and then the original core (founders and volunteers) decide to get a life and move on. Maybe the marathon is one of those things that's time has passed.

But AgendaBuster, you sure sound like you EXPECTED to be pampered. Did you really expect your family and "support" people to be feed for free? Maybe instead of just coming to town and expecting freebies, you'll be volunteering next year and be part of the renewal of the race?(I'm not holding my breath that you will......)
AgendaBuster wrote:
Look, our family has been in this race for several years and this year it wasn't as much fun!
It seemed like fewer sponsors, no tents or venders at finishline. As runners came in, no recognition of their time or their city of origin as they came in from their run.
The food situation was way off this year, and support people and families had to buy food, many had been there since 6:00 or 6:30 A.M! Everything seemed done on the cheap!
Oh, the Parking people were mean! Everything was off this year. We came away with a very UnWelcome feeling and we will need to consider running next year or not.
Sorry, that was our take on this years race. Something changed, we don't know what, but we didn't have as good of a time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marathon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 men held without bail for alleged threats to ... Aug 24 Questions 1
News 10 Things to Know for Thursday Jun '15 Pat Sajakoff 1
News Pan Am torchbearers to run through Orl an... Jun '15 Fart news 2
News On This Day: Terry Fox's "Marathon of Hope" Com... (Jan '13) Jun '15 scoobydoolover1995 4
News 'So what if I'm on the effing dole'?' Mother of... May '15 Tazo 1
News Elizabeth Warren rips rules for gay blood donors May '15 New Perspective 6
News Journalism! The Hill Reports Crazy Conspiracy T... May '15 Tazo 1
More from around the web