Area Plan Aims to Boost Charlottesville Economic Development

Apr 19, 2013 Read more: NBC29 Charlottesville 13
Charlottesville City Council is breathing new life into the city. Councilors are targeting certain areas to boost economic development and better the life for people living there. Read more
zeb

Collinsville, VA

#1 Apr 22, 2013
More taxes for hud crack homes
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 22, 2013
So we let gubment intervene in the private commerce sector. No wonder they want to tax people on freaking rainwater.
zeb

Collinsville, VA

#3 Apr 22, 2013
GIVE A MAN A FISH, HE WILL EAT FOR A DAY, give HIM WELFARE FOODSTAMPS OBAMA PHONE MEDICAID SECTION 8 HOUSING A CRACK PIPE N SOME AIR JORDANS HE WILL VOTE DEMOCRATE FOR LIFE

Since: Oct 12

Madison, VA

#4 Apr 22, 2013
zeb wrote:
GIVE A MAN A FISH, HE WILL EAT FOR A DAY, give HIM WELFARE FOODSTAMPS OBAMA PHONE MEDICAID SECTION 8 HOUSING A CRACK PIPE N SOME AIR JORDANS HE WILL VOTE DEMOCRATE FOR LIFE
That is why to get any kind of goverment assistance there should be drug testing. Your test comes back dirty no assistance for you if you have kids child protective services called kids are taken.
WVU

Purcellville, VA

#5 Apr 23, 2013
"City councilors say the idea is to improve the quality of life for people living there."

In addition to the above statement I see they mention the downtown mall. From what I have seen of the regulars on the mall the have a great stress free quality life.

They never seen to be in a hurry, sleep til mid morning, enjoy sitting in the shade having a smoke or a refreshing drink, happy hour starts anytime and never seems to end. I am not sure where they work, but they must have odd hours as they are always on the mall having a great time.
I would say our clowncil has created a great life for these folks.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 23, 2013
In other words don't provide jobs; we need examples of failure so we can rant.
WVU

Purcellville, VA

#7 Apr 23, 2013
huck wrote:
In other words don't provide jobs; we need examples of failure so we can rant.
Next time you see one holding a sign for work, offer him a job and see if he (or she) really wants to work or just hustle money with that pretense.
I have tried twice and offered 15 bucks an hour to both and they had all the excuses they could not do the work I wanted. Cannot mow due to allergies, cannot paint fences as terrified of horses and could not weed eat due to bad back.
One claimed to be a Vietnam vet. I asked if he was in the TET Offensive, he replied yes and told how horrible it was. As we talked a bit more he advised he was born in 1957. His mother must have been an awful parent to let an 11 year old go to war. Tet was 1968.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Apr 23, 2013
WVU wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time you see one holding a sign for work, offer him a job and see if he (or she) really wants to work or just hustle money with that pretense.
I have tried twice and offered 15 bucks an hour to both and they had all the excuses they could not do the work I wanted. Cannot mow due to allergies, cannot paint fences as terrified of horses and could not weed eat due to bad back.
One claimed to be a Vietnam vet. I asked if he was in the TET Offensive, he replied yes and told how horrible it was. As we talked a bit more he advised he was born in 1957. His mother must have been an awful parent to let an 11 year old go to war. Tet was 1968.
Nice anecdotal rationales to quit trying. Let's just let it get worse, OK?
MARV

Roanoke, VA

#9 Apr 23, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice anecdotal rationales to quit trying. Let's just let it get worse, OK?
We have been trying since when LBJ was president. Those who receive free benefits are the ones not trying. We have created a dependent entitlement crowd who does not want to work.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Apr 23, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice anecdotal rationales to quit trying. Let's just let it get worse, OK?
There's a lot of those out there, one guy I worked with said he was in the Army, I had my doubts, asked him about his DD214, he said "whats that" end of story.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Apr 24, 2013
Speaking of entitlements:

"In Florida and everywhere else, the answer in 2013 is almost always yes. A record 47 million Americans now rely on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, available for people with annual incomes below about $15,000. The program grew during the economic collapse because 10 million more Americans dropped into poverty. It has continued to expand four years into the recovery because state governments and their partner organizations have become active promoters, creating official “SNAP outreach plans” and hiring hundreds of recruiters like Nerios.
.
In fact, it is Nerios’s job to enroll at least 150 seniors for food stamps each month, a quota she usually exceeds.
.
Every $5 in SNAP generates $9.20 for the local economy.
.
But the job also has a second and more controversial purpose for cash-strapped Florida, where increasing food-stamp enrollment has become a means of economic growth, bringing almost $6 billion each year into the state.
.
A decade ago, only about half of eligible Americans chose to sign up for food stamps. Now that number is 75 percent."
http://www.treasurecoast.com/index.cfm/news/i...
.
This is going on not only in the GOP led state of FL, but in other red midwest states and all over the country.
.
Conservatives whine about entitlements, but are often the first to benefit from gvt's largess.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 24, 2013
huck wrote:
Speaking of entitlements:
"In Florida and everywhere else, the answer in 2013 is almost always yes. A record 47 million Americans now rely on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as food stamps, available for people with annual incomes below about $15,000. The program grew during the economic collapse because 10 million more Americans dropped into poverty. It has continued to expand four years into the recovery because state governments and their partner organizations have become active promoters, creating official “SNAP outreach plans” and hiring hundreds of recruiters like Nerios.
.
In fact, it is Nerios’s job to enroll at least 150 seniors for food stamps each month, a quota she usually exceeds.
.
Every $5 in SNAP generates $9.20 for the local economy.
.
But the job also has a second and more controversial purpose for cash-strapped Florida, where increasing food-stamp enrollment has become a means of economic growth, bringing almost $6 billion each year into the state.
.
A decade ago, only about half of eligible Americans chose to sign up for food stamps. Now that number is 75 percent."
http://www.treasurecoast.com/index.cfm/news/i...
.
This is going on not only in the GOP led state of FL, but in other red midwest states and all over the country.
.
Conservatives whine about entitlements, but are often the first to benefit from gvt's largess.
Conservatives are the first to complain about immigration and the first to take advantage of the cheap labor.
zeb

Collinsville, VA

#13 Apr 24, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Conservatives are the first to complain about immigration and the first to take advantage of the cheap labor.
Darnit, the first time I think I agree with you except for the fact your obamanite liber friends all kiss each other pps with there rethug friends laughing cause they know as long as idiots believe there is a difference between the two satanic partys they got idiots like you right where they want you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marathon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 Things to Know for Tuesday Sat vib_ram 1
News On This Day: Terry Fox's "Marathon of Hope" Com... (Jan '13) Apr 15 sdadaasfhsrgsnjtyjd 3
News US stock indexes gain in quiet trading; oil pri... Apr 8 Boner Futures 3
News Police: 8 dead in home; generator found without... Apr 7 His Boner has Risen 3
News NC prosecutor details the shootings of 3 Muslim... Apr 7 Mensatards 1
News Discredited rape story a test for Wenner, Rolli... Apr 7 Mensatards 1
News Fraternity announces 'legal action' against Rol... Apr 7 Mensan Long Finge... 1
More from around the web