Elizabeth Twp. Man First To Shoot, Ki...

Elizabeth Twp. Man First To Shoot, Kill Black Bear In Southern Allegheny County

There are 1 comment on the CBS Local story from Nov 29, 2012, titled Elizabeth Twp. Man First To Shoot, Kill Black Bear In Southern Allegheny County. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Avid hunter Derrick Honaker was deer hunting in a remote area of the township on Tuesday when he spotted something he thought was an old barrel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

“Change is the only constant”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 2, 2012
Nice bear taken out on Fallen Timber Road. I wonder though ... the media reports indicate he shot it at least five times, maybe more. What did he do, reload several times? Hunters can't use rifles in Allegheny County, only shotguns with slugs (see SPECIAL REGULATIONS AREAS ( http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.p... ) so if he was using a shotgun it has a plug, right? That requires reloading to shoot it that many times. I heard he was deer hunting. Guess he just happened to have a bear license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hunting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coyote Hunting in Michigan Jun 18 Get Out 4
Funny Hunting Accident Stories Jun 16 Mortimer Durand 1
News Annual controlled deer hunt to begin next week (Oct '08) May '16 mistake this yr a... 4
News Trump Jr. stumps for Trump Sr. in Covington Apr '16 Just Sayin 4
News Phil Robertson takes Ted Cruz duck hunting Jan '16 Riding the Range 1
Whitetail Deer Hunting (Oct '14) Jan '16 Aquarius-WY 14
News or 2016, House Speaker Paul Ryan sets sights on... Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web