Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hunting -

Anticipating autumn's bounty of cooler weather, glorious sunshine and majestic foliage also brings sadness to my heart, knowing the suffering about to be inflicted by Maryland's bow hunters on our deer starting ... Full Story

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#173516 Oct 23, 2012
ARA1017 wrote:
<quoted text>\...
Kinda like Raptor biting at the bit to reveal some titillating secret of hers. She can't keep her mouth shut. Her ego runs her mouth.
Really?
You're kidding. Right?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#173517 Oct 23, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You're kidding. Right?
What does this mean? You don't like my rambling? You want me to keep my mouth shut.
Done.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#173518 Oct 24, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this mean? You don't like my rambling? You want me to keep my mouth shut.
Done.
Nope.
Does not mean that at all.

Just giving you every opportunity to come clean.

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

#173519 Oct 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Why? Because these stories pi** me off. Bears are predators and they only do what comes naturally.
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/9ef27b8...

You okay with the Md bear hunt?

SE Michigan

#173520 Oct 25, 2012
peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/9ef27b8...
I'm wondering why they only allow bear hunting in the two western most counties. Might they have a dangerously low population of bears in the other counties?

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#173522 Oct 25, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm wondering why they only allow bear hunting in the two western most counties. Might they have a dangerously low population of bears in the other counties?
There are many places they don't allow bear hunting...D.C., NYC, LA.

This has been a particularly rough year for bears out here. Breaking in to homes has become much more common, as I found out first hand.

Could hunting bans be part of the problem with bear over population?

SE Michigan

#173523 Oct 25, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many places they don't allow bear hunting...D.C., NYC, LA.
This has been a particularly rough year for bears out here. Breaking in to homes has become much more common, as I found out first hand.
Could hunting bans be part of the problem with bear over population?
Maybe.

Could habitat destruction, whether from fires or suburban sprawl, cause bears to concentrate in smaller areas of suitable habitat?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#173524 Oct 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Why? Because these stories pi** me off. Bears are predators and they only do what comes naturally.
Has it ever occurred to you that man killing creatures that kill and eat man is doing what comes natural also? The unnatural part is we refrain from killing bears except in special circumstances or regulated hunting. If man did "what comes natural" he would attack, injure and/or kill any other large predator that violates his territory. If man loses the confrontation......the other predator gets the territory. That's "what comes naturally". What I'm trying to say is that a case could very easily be made for your attitude being the unnatural aspect of this equation.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173525 Oct 27, 2012
<quoted text>
So you deflected answering Pete's question with a question.

SE Michigan

#173526 Oct 27, 2012
peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/9ef27b8 ...

<quoted text>
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
So you deflected answering Pete's question with a question.
Deflected- no. I was asked a question. In order to give an informed answer, I need to have more information.

If the bear population is dangerously low in the other Maryland counties, would relocation be a better option to sustain a healthy bear population within the entire state...with a future goal of being able to hunt them in ALL counties?

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173527 Oct 28, 2012
OMG...This must be Tierra.

How can anyone be this stupid.

&fe ature=player_embedded#!
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#173528 Oct 29, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
OMG...This must be Tierra.
How can anyone be this stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CI8UPHMzZm8XX&feature=pla yer_embedded#!
Itís a wonder she remembers to breathe. Was she really that dense or was she just having them on?

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

#173529 Oct 29, 2012
peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/9ef27b8 ...
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Deflected- no. I was asked a question. In order to give an informed answer, I need to have more information.
If the bear population is dangerously low in the other Maryland counties, would relocation be a better option to sustain a healthy bear population within the entire state...with a future goal of being able to hunt them in ALL counties?
I don't think the residents in the state are generally 'up' for having bears in all the counties. I remember reading this somewhere some time back. I'd have to look it up again.

There is somewhat of a containment strategy.
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/dnrnews/infocus/bl...

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173530 Oct 29, 2012
peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the residents in the state are generally 'up' for having bears in all the counties. I remember reading this somewhere some time back. I'd have to look it up again.
I can't see the folks in Montgomery and P.G. co. welcoming bears....but I could be wrong.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173531 Oct 29, 2012
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís a wonder she remembers to breathe. Was she really that dense or was she just having them on?
I don't think this person was acting stupid at all. I believe it was real.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173532 Oct 29, 2012
I hope everyone back east is getting through the storm ok.
Raptor South of Michigan

Mountain Home, AR

#173533 Oct 29, 2012
peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's probably safe to assume that the bears aren't too thrilled about having people in all of the counties either.
Raptor South of Michigan

Mountain Home, AR

#173534 Oct 29, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see the folks in Montgomery and P.G. co. welcoming bears....but I could be wrong.
That's what the bears in Montgomery and P.G. co. said when the people arrived.
Raptor South of Michigan

Mountain Home, AR

#173535 Oct 29, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
I hope everyone back east is getting through the storm ok.
I hear my home is being hit with high winds, cold and rain. I picked a good week to be in the south. The Ozarks are beautiful this time of year.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173536 Oct 29, 2012
Raptor South of Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the bears in Montgomery and P.G. co. said when the people arrived.
I don't see you volunteering to give up your home for the animals that once lived there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hunting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitetail Deer Hunting Feb 27 calebhart54 3
2015 to see big changes in deer season Feb 23 -Lea- 2
Minnesota sets first sandhill crane hunting season (Jul '10) Feb 21 brent 1,256
The Mike Williams mystery (Dec '06) Feb 5 Surprised 31
Pennsylvania legislators to take a look at allo... (Dec '08) Jan '15 Deputy Sheriff Hines 44
Countryside outfitters. Jan '15 Hunter 1
Lawsuit seeks Sunday hunting in Pa. (Jul '13) Dec '14 Anonymous 2
More from around the web