Boy shot while turkey hunting with da...

Boy shot while turkey hunting with dad in SE Wis.

There are 94 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 17, 2011, titled Boy shot while turkey hunting with dad in SE Wis.. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Authorities say a boy dressed in camouflage was shot while turkey hunting with his father in Jackson Marsh in southeastern Wisconsin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#65 May 8, 2011
I support freedom & always will. No amount of slurs, insinuations, or pronouncements from on high will change that. I take credit for the phrase - "Freedom really is a simple concept". as I used it first on these boards. Thanks for attempting to emulate me.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#66 May 8, 2011
Yep Wolverine, you support freedom of speech, as long as it is always in agreement with your own.

I too support freedom and freedom to own firearms. I support all game and fish laws as well. I also have my own opinions about how to hunt game but you just cannot stand that I have an opinion about hunting that is different than yours.

Remember, i am no ARA abd I deserve enough respect that you do not treat me as if I am "Hunters are Psychopaths" thank you very much.

Freedom is a simple concept.

(Your welcome, I've simplfied 'your' phrase for you. It's not so wordy and truly is simple now).
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#67 May 8, 2011
BS! I support all human rights. BUT, we have NO RIGHT to force our opinion on others, OR to denigrate THEIR choice to take their young children hunting. Your opinion should ONLY affect YOUR children.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#68 May 8, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
BS! I support all human rights. BUT, we have NO RIGHT to force our opinion on others, OR to denigrate THEIR choice to take their young children hunting. Your opinion should ONLY affect YOUR children.
You say you're in your 50s but you still need to grow up. How is my posting my opinion on this thread forcing anything upon you? Don't read it if you disagree. I never actually denigrated you until a couple of posts ago when you wouldn't let it go. My opinion DOES only affect my children. How has my opinion affected you or your children in any way? You keep saying I can have my opinion, and then your write posts like this one where you basically are saying that I actually cannot post my opinion.
mopa

Thornton Heath, UK

#69 May 8, 2011
cruaute de fin wrote:
<quoted text>You are right!!. I'm such a brain dead dickless coward.
Kind of figured that!
lefty

West Frankfort, IL

#70 May 8, 2011
Man this is a bad deal, i wouldn't want to be that guy that had to go home to wife and explain that one.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#71 May 8, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you're in your 50s but you still need to grow up. How is my posting my opinion on this thread forcing anything upon you? Don't read it if you disagree. I never actually denigrated you until a couple of posts ago when you wouldn't let it go. My opinion DOES only affect my children. How has my opinion affected you or your children in any way? You keep saying I can have my opinion, and then your write posts like this one where you basically are saying that I actually cannot post my opinion.
Look in your mirror & you will see a picture of myopic.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#72 May 8, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Look in your mirror & you will see a picture of myopic.
Why, because you cannot handle it when someone has an opinion that differs from yours? You are acting like a spoiled teenager.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#73 May 11, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because you cannot handle it when someone has an opinion that differs from yours? You are acting like a spoiled teenager.
And you are acting like an arrogant bullshit artist (politician).
Wolverine

Norfolk, VA

#74 May 11, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Wade, and I sincerely apologize. I am just a spineless, sackless coward, and I get a little crazy sometimes, well, many times. I really would like to make it up to you. How about going out for a few drinks? I really would like to get to know you better, if you know what I mean ;)
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#75 May 11, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>And you are acting like an arrogant bullshit artist (politician).
You really are sensitive. Isimply had a differing opinion than you did and you lash out. What happens when you have disappointments in life? I sure hope these are not qualities you exhibit in front of or teach to your children.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#76 May 13, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are sensitive. Isimply had a differing opinion than you did and you lash out. What happens when you have disappointments in life? I sure hope these are not qualities you exhibit in front of or teach to your children.
Freedom really is a simple concept. We humans need to learn to butt out of other folks business. That's all I'm saying on this matter. I'm done with it.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#77 May 13, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, Wade, and I sincerely apologize. I am just a spineless, sackless coward, and I get a little crazy sometimes, well, many times. I really would like to make it up to you. How about going out for a few drinks? I really would like to get to know you better, if you know what I mean ;)
I see you are still the perfectasshole, Lumpy.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#78 May 13, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom really is a simple concept. We humans need to learn to butt out of other folks business. That's all I'm saying on this matter. I'm done with it.
I will apologize and annoint you 'Nimrod of Cumberland' if you can point out a single post of mine where I butted into your business. You need to get a grip on reality. My differing opinion on this thread has possibly made you insane, but that isn't my doing, That's all on you.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#79 May 14, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will apologize and annoint you 'Nimrod of Cumberland' if you can point out a single post of mine where I butted into your business. You need to get a grip on reality. My differing opinion on this thread has possibly made you insane, but that isn't my doing, That's all on you.
You are not a shrink, & have no intimate knowledge of the subject. Therefore your diagnosis is faulty. Plus you are practicing without a license. My sanity is just fine.

Freedom really is a simple concept. Americans need to learn to mind their own business.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#80 May 14, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>You are not a shrink, & have no intimate knowledge of the subject. Therefore your diagnosis is faulty. Plus you are practicing without a license. My sanity is just fine.
Freedom really is a simple concept. Americans need to learn to mind their own business.
You are correct, I cannit diagnose your sanoty. I can howver tell that you simply do not understand that a few postings on a thread such as this one can in no way infringe on any of your freedoms. That you believe my posts do infringe on your freedom does indicate a lack of comprension of reality. If you believe my posts are getting into your 'business' the simple solution is to stop reading them.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#81 May 15, 2011
Americans need to learn to mind their own business. And to stop giving unsolicited opinions to others. This spreads the belief that our rights can be violated by a vote of the majority. Our rights are inherent in our beings, given to us by GOD & protected by the US Constitution. Nobody's feelings, thoughts, opinions, or fears have any bearing on anyone exercising their rights.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#82 May 15, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
Americans need to learn to mind their own business. And to stop giving unsolicited opinions to others. This spreads the belief that our rights can be violated by a vote of the majority. Our rights are inherent in our beings, given to us by GOD & protected by the US Constitution. Nobody's feelings, thoughts, opinions, or fears have any bearing on anyone exercising their rights.
Please explain how your first sentence and the second (which is not a sentence, but a phrase) can coexist with your last statement. You are contradicting yourself.

I know this post is directed at me, but for the life of me I am baffled as to how I have in any way infringed upon any of your rights or freedoms. As to the first statement you made, my God leave this site then. It was created SOLEY for people to voice their opinions.

Are you really this dense or are you just havin' fun with me?
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#83 May 15, 2011
Freedom is a simple concept. That includes freedom of opinion.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#84 May 20, 2011
Freedom really is a simple concept. Peoples thoughts, fears, opinions, beliefs, etc, have no bearing on any other person exercising the rights. As long as no human rights are violated, anyone may do as they please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hunting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Car-deer collisions on rise in much of Wabash V... Apr 14 iloveblackyogapants 1
News Family: School shamed 9-year-old for wearing sh... Jan '17 buff24seven 1
News Man shoots himself in chest with crossbow while... Dec '16 Bigbill 1
News Ronald Weaner elected president of Pennsylvania... (Feb '11) Dec '16 deweyj 5
News Annual controlled deer hunt to begin next week (Oct '08) Oct '16 Larry 5
Do hunters have gay sex in the woods ? (Jun '13) Aug '16 Mick 13
Coyote Hunting in Michigan (May '16) Jun '16 Get Out 2
More from around the web