Boy shot while turkey hunting with da...

Boy shot while turkey hunting with dad in SE Wis.

There are 94 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 17, 2011, titled Boy shot while turkey hunting with dad in SE Wis.. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Authorities say a boy dressed in camouflage was shot while turkey hunting with his father in Jackson Marsh in southeastern Wisconsin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

tom

Hayfield, MN

#23 Apr 22, 2011
He was a little young to be out hunting. I think 12-13 is the age for kids to go out hunting.

AhimsaLife

“ Hunters are COWARDS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24 Apr 22, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! When liberals can't intelligently discuss differences, they resort to "penis envy" quips. Freud would have a ball with you idiots.
Oh my, poor poor flower boy, you are talking to yourself again. pssssst....no one can have "penis envy" of an impotent sackless twit like you!'tis true!!
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#25 Apr 22, 2011
tom wrote:
He was a little young to be out hunting. I think 12-13 is the age for kids to go out hunting.
So do not take your kids hunting until they are 12-13. My state has no age requirement for hunting, as long as they can take & pass the hunting course & test. I think we should leave it up to the parents to decide if their child(ren) are mature enough to hunt. America is about freedom, not what others think you should or should not do.
tom

Hayfield, MN

#26 Apr 22, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>So do not take your kids hunting until they are 12-13. My state has no age requirement for hunting, as long as they can take & pass the hunting course & test. I think we should leave it up to the parents to decide if their child(ren) are mature enough to hunt. America is about freedom, not what others think you should or should not do.
Dont know about your state but in Minnesota you cant take gun course(which means can get hunting permits) until you are 12... I think that should be federal law. Kids under 12 are no where near ready to be out around dangerous guns and animals. I didnt take mine until 12,i did start teaching them gun safety as soons as they could walk,but hunting is for 12 and over. In your mind set 5 year old should drive cars and go off to war huh?
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Apr 22, 2011
tom wrote:
What the hell am I going to do with you? You've already proven on a couple of other threads that you're a moonbat and not to be redundant but batshit crazy and now you've gone ahead and posted a comment that I agree with.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#28 Apr 22, 2011
AhimsaLife wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, poor poor flower boy, you are talking to yourself again. pssssst....no one can have "penis envy" of an impotent sackless twit like you!'tis true!!
Playing your cloak and dagger games again?

Really you are waaaay too transparent. You're stupid just for assuming no one really sees your shit for what it is.
SafetyFirst

Stillwater, MN

#29 Apr 23, 2011
Always wear a helmet.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#30 Apr 23, 2011
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont know about your state but in Minnesota you cant take gun course(which means can get hunting permits) until you are 12... I think that should be federal law. Kids under 12 are no where near ready to be out around dangerous guns and animals. I didnt take mine until 12,i did start teaching them gun safety as soons as they could walk,but hunting is for 12 and over. In your mind set 5 year old should drive cars and go off to war huh?
Bullshit! It should be left up to the parents to decide when their children hunt. In this land of freedom, who the fk are you to decide when others get to hunt? You anti-freedom nazi.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#31 Apr 23, 2011
AhimsaLife wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, poor poor flower boy, you are talking to yourself again. pssssst....no one can have "penis envy" of an impotent sackless twit like you!'tis true!!
Welcome back HAP, you ignorant pieceofshit ARA.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Apr 23, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text> ****! It should be left up to the parents to decide when their children hunt. In this land of freedom, who the fk are you to decide when others get to hunt? You anti-freedom nazi.
He is wrong anyway. The law was changed, at keast for deer hunting. This kid didn't have a gun anyway. I am sorry to say that I do agree with idiot tom on this issue. I believe a kid 5 years old is too young to take in the field during hunting season. Don't misunderstand this post like you did my last post, what I just posted was my opinion. It's easy to tell that it is mine because it was me that posted it.
Kevin

Tampa, FL

#33 Apr 24, 2011
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>So do not take your kids hunting until they are 12-13. My state has no age requirement for hunting, as long as they can take & pass the hunting course & test. I think we should leave it up to the parents to decide if their child(ren) are mature enough to hunt. America is about freedom, not what others think you should or should not do.
I bet you like to f*ck your mother up her ass.
tom

Hayfield, MN

#34 Apr 24, 2011
Sad deal....Feel bad for the Dad. He will feel this pain for reat of his life. I wish all states had the same rule as Minnesota,that kids cant go hunting until 12 years old and completed gun safety course.....
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Apr 24, 2011
tom wrote:
Sad deal....Feel bad for the Dad. He will feel this pain for reat of his life. I wish all states had the same rule as Minnesota,that kids cant go hunting until 12 years old and completed gun safety course.....
I take back what I posted about agreeing with you a few posts above this one. You know even less about hunting than you do about economics and politics. Minnesota has no such law saying a youth must be 12 to hunt. Check page 60 of the hunting and trapping regulations.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#37 Apr 25, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
He is wrong anyway. The law was changed, at keast for deer hunting. This kid didn't have a gun anyway. I am sorry to say that I do agree with idiot tom on this issue. I believe a kid 5 years old is too young to take in the field during hunting season. Don't misunderstand this post like you did my last post, what I just posted was my opinion. It's easy to tell that it is mine because it was me that posted it.
Yeah, well when it comes to opinions & voting, our rights & freedoms keep getting diminished by people voting their opinions instead of freedom. You do have a right to your opinions, I served & fought to protect such, BUT you do not have a right to diminish other's rights & freedoms because of your opinions. You opinions (& those of others) should only have a bearing on your choices, not those of others. I and all other free Americans may do as we please within the boundries of law, as long as no other human's rights are violated. I did not misunderstand any of your previous posts.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#38 Apr 25, 2011
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text> I bet you like to f*ck your mother up her ass.
You are a stupidmotherfucker, the product of 2 retarded double first cousins.
Wolverine

Norfolk, VA

#40 Apr 25, 2011
It's true, hunters are cowards and have tiny, limp dicks.
tom

Hayfield, MN

#41 Apr 25, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
I take back what I posted about agreeing with you a few posts above this one. You know even less about hunting than you do about economics and politics. Minnesota has no such law saying a youth must be 12 to hunt. Check page 60 of the hunting and trapping regulations.
You have to be 12 years old to take gun safety course......I know for facts because in my area I am a certified gun safety teacher......And in order to get hunting permit when under age 18 you need gun safety card.....Just a FACT for you from someone who knows for FACT do to fact I deal with it ALL the time....
Wade Gustafson

United States

#42 Apr 25, 2011
How is my opinion that a 5 tear old is too young to take hunting diminishing ANYTHING of yours?
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, well when it comes to opinions & voting, our rights & freedoms keep getting diminished by people voting their opinions instead of freedom. You do have a right to your opinions, I served & fought to protect such, BUT you do not have a right to diminish other's rights & freedoms because of your opinions. You opinions (& those of others) should only have a bearing on your choices, not those of others. I and all other free Americans may do as we please within the boundries of law, as long as no other human's rights are violated. I did not misunderstand any of your previous posts.
Wade Gustafson

United States

#43 Apr 25, 2011
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be 12 years old to take gun safety course......I know for facts because in my area I am a certified gun safety teacher......And in order to get hunting permit when under age 18 you need gun safety card.....Just a FACT for you from someone who knows for FACT do to fact I deal with it ALL the time....
Actually an 11 year old can take the course, they just can't take the test and get the certificate. A child that is 10 or 11 can go deer hunting with a gun in Minnesota. If you are really a firearms safety instructor you really should know the laws. You obviously did not look at page 60 as I suggested. I believe a child younger than 12 can also go waterfowl hunting, small game hunting as well as upland bird hunting.

Oh, and if you really taught gun safety you would know that the firearms safety certificate is required not just for those under age 18 but for EVERYBODY born after 1979 and at least 12 years old.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#44 Apr 25, 2011
Well...it happened in Wisconsin, alcohol?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hunting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ronald Weaner elected president of Pennsylvania... (Feb '11) Dec 1 deweyj 5
News Annual controlled deer hunt to begin next week (Oct '08) Oct '16 Larry 5
Do hunters have gay sex in the woods ? (Jun '13) Aug '16 Mick 13
Coyote Hunting in Michigan (May '16) Jun '16 Get Out 2
Funny Hunting Accident Stories Jun '16 Mortimer Durand 1
News Trump Jr. stumps for Trump Sr. in Covington (Apr '16) Apr '16 Just Sayin 4
News Phil Robertson takes Ted Cruz duck hunting (Jan '16) Jan '16 Riding the Range 1
More from around the web