Woman Drowns In Boating Accident On S...

Woman Drowns In Boating Accident On Schuykill River

There are 6 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jun 28, 2008, titled Woman Drowns In Boating Accident On Schuykill River. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Philadelphia police said a woman drowned while kayaking on the Schuykill River on Saturday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Linda from Ridley Park

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Jun 28, 2008
That's a shame. I knew two people who were members of the Phila Canoe Club. My old boss was always careful about using a new kayak and would have practiced first at a local YMCA's pool, where a bunch of members would go to practice rollovers.
Beth

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jun 28, 2008
It's Schuylkill, not Schuykill.
Rosa Lemonada

Willingboro, NJ

#3 Jun 29, 2008
This story makes me feel like I can't breathe.

I hope the victim rests in peace.

She should not of tried this maneuver alone.
Rambeaux

Jim Thorpe, PA

#4 Jun 29, 2008
Kayaking is a risky water sport. It requires about as much balance as walking a tightrope and one little cramp can tilt you over.
Monique

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jun 29, 2008
Dale died doing what she loved the most in life. However if she drowned as it is said (versus a complication such a heart attack - police is investigating-) this is a horrible death. I agree that she should not have done those exercices alone, and am puzzled as she was an instructor.
This is a very sad news for all of us who knew her.
My heart goes to her family and to all her good friends of the canoe club in Philadelphia.
Mom Of Twins

New York, NY

#6 Jun 30, 2008
So sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canoeing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Accessibility Planning Renovation underway on A... Aug 4 Kelso 1
DrumRoll anyone? May '16 Keith Digby 1
News In 2010, over 1,800 people in canoes and kayaks... (Jun '15) Jun '15 garypuntman 1
News Rolling on the river (Apr '14) Apr '14 water 1
News Man missing after boat capsizes on Concord River (Jul '09) Jan '14 forever ur cuzz 7
News La Grange man loses life after saving grandson (Jun '13) Jun '13 Wonky 2
News 87-year-old canoes a day for each year of his life (Dec '12) Dec '12 Hyde Hitchcock 1
More from around the web