Man drowns in Pepperell

Man drowns in Pepperell

There are 16 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Man drowns in Pepperell. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Ron Mann found the 20-year-old under about 6 inches of water and tried to free him from a tree in the rushing Nissitissit River until both of his arms bore red marks from the effort.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Mark

Nashua, NH

#1 Sep 8, 2008
Condolences to the family.
Tyngsboro

Hingham, MA

#2 Sep 8, 2008
God Bless....
Common sense

Lowell, MA

#3 Sep 8, 2008
My condolences to the family.

It's usually a very calm river and shallow, but after a major rain it is quite the current.

I feel for this man's family and Ron Mann as well as it must be tough for him as he did all he could.

There were certainly quite a few responders from other towns as well, as they were racing down 113 at this time. I thought there was a bad fire, and to hear this is just terrible.
Bella

Brookline, NH

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Oh that is just so scary and awful. What a terrible tragedy. I feel so sorry for the family. My sympathy.
His Aunt

Bedford, NH

#5 Sep 8, 2008
Thank you for your expressions of sympathy. Chris was a God-loving young man who had many talents and potential. We are a close family and this is unbelievable difficult. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Chris Callahan

Pepperell, MA

#6 Sep 8, 2008
Crooker was a great kid and a great friend. He will be missed dearly.
kaitlyn flahive

Ware, MA

#7 Sep 8, 2008
crooker was such a remarkable kid. this week will suck but we will see him again one day. love u chris.
jamie his older sister

Proctorsville, VT

#8 Sep 10, 2008
Mark wrote:
Condolences to the family.
thank you so much we are holding up but keep us in prayer the next couple days as they will be rough
Kristy in VA

Fredericksburg, VA

#9 Sep 11, 2008
I'm so saddened to hear of this loss. I remember Chris as a little one. Jamie was one of my best friends growing up.
My deepest sympathis to your entire family.
~Kristy (Tidd)
[email protected]
Jamie...email me if you can.
Kristy in VA

Fredericksburg, VA

#10 Sep 12, 2008
Can anyone tell me where sympathy cards can be sent to? My email address is in the post above if you don't want to post the address.
Thanks and God Bless.
Jenna

Memphis, TN

#11 Sep 12, 2008
I am so sorry about Chris. I met him about 5 years ago through his Pepperell friends and often heard his band play. They were such a talented group, and Chris was an incredible drummer. Even tho he left us at a young age, he touched many lives. We will always remember him and see him again someday. God bless his family and friends with peace and comfort during this sad time.
Jenna

Memphis, TN

#12 Sep 12, 2008
I'm actually from Amherst NH ... don't know why it showed up Knoxville, TN? Oh well.(now in Portland, Oregon but I heard the news) I had to write something to express my sorrow for Chris's family.

Peace.
His Niece Ashlee

Readfield, ME

#13 Sep 13, 2008
thanx everyone for your Condolences they mean alot and I will miss you Uncle Chris you know that you were my favorite Uncle I <3 you Uncle Chris i will see you again someday with the Lord
His Niece Ashlee

Milford, NH

#14 Dec 10, 2008
Well it has been really hard for us becuase it was our first year without him there for Thanksgiving and it will the first Christmas as well so keep us in your prayers he will be dearly missed.. Love you Uncle Chris

P.S. i am his only Niece haha
Common sense

Lowell, MA

#15 Dec 10, 2008
His Niece Ashlee wrote:
Well it has been really hard for us becuase it was our first year without him there for Thanksgiving and it will the first Christmas as well so keep us in your prayers he will be dearly missed.. Love you Uncle Chris
P.S. i am his only Niece haha
I hope you and your family are healing...this is a very tough time of year when you lose someone close.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you...
His Neice Ashlee

Craftsbury, VT

#16 Feb 22, 2009
Hello everyone thank you sooooo much for the prayers and your condolences we are still having a rough time with it but we are going to get thru this thank you everyone for all of this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canoeing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DrumRoll anyone? May '16 Keith Digby 1
News In 2010, over 1,800 people in canoes and kayaks... (Jun '15) Jun '15 garypuntman 1
News Rolling on the river (Apr '14) Apr '14 water 1
News Man missing after boat capsizes on Concord River (Jul '09) Jan '14 forever ur cuzz 7
News La Grange man loses life after saving grandson (Jun '13) Jun '13 Wonky 2
News 87-year-old canoes a day for each year of his life (Dec '12) Dec '12 Hyde Hitchcock 1
News Companion charged with burglary as search for b... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Missing man in canoe 1
More from around the web