Say what you want, but the public will be safer while he is in prison.<quoted text>
Going to prison will not help this man, he needs a facility that will address his needs. Just one more person in the Ohio prison system that YOU will be paying for. If anyone of you had a clue what Ohio prisons are like, I am sure your attitude would change. People who live in glass houses......take the time to fully examine Ohio prisons before you open your mouth
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.
Since: Apr 10
#22 Dec 24, 2010
Since: Oct 09
#23 Dec 24, 2010
Twelve step teaches many things. While some 12 step programs are only a place to meet others with your same addiction to fellowship with, I have seen people who have turned their lives around while attending the classes. Each person gets out of the program what they are willing to put into it. You are correct in saying the public will be safer while this person is in prison.
#24 Dec 24, 2010
We all understand his need for alcohol counseling,but he'll be in a place where he can't drink for 1-10 years. He should be dried out by the end of his sentence.
#25 Dec 24, 2010
Gary (Guy as we knew him) was a former co-worker and friend of mine. Seth Cramer should have a gotten a worse penalty than that. Guy was a nice kid and close to his parents. It's a shame that his young life was cut short.
#26 Dec 24, 2010
Thank you Jeepster! Ohio's prisons are currently at 133% of capacity and the odds of this man getting help,if he needs it or wants it, are slim to none. The new Governor has said he would like to examine sentencing rules to see if this crisis of overcrowding can be eased. God's speed. We operate a system which does not work and needs to be overhauled NOW!
And, thank you Daily Customer, so right.
#27 Dec 24, 2010
I'm betting that everyone on that boat was drinking. Having a few "pops" while on the water is a pretty common occurrence and while I feel horrible for him and his family, the young man had a choice as to whether to be on that boat or not.
#28 Dec 24, 2010
You know... I agree with you.
People are going to probably rail on me about this..."What if was one of your family members?"
Yes. I would be mad. Probably very mad.
But it was an accident.
I don't think it was like, the guy actually wanted to have an accident and kill to somebody.
I dunno...10 years?
Just my thoughts.
#29 Dec 24, 2010
How about a death sentence? Would that satisfy you?
#30 Dec 24, 2010
Ok what if it was your child?
You a drinker? An accident that everyone knows.... People can NOT drive or operate machines while drinking? Correct?
Why do accidents after accidents like this????.... Need to happen? Then we let them off?
Everyone knows you can't drink and drive anything!! But people still do it?
Then say "It was just an accident?" That his stupid actions caused? Right?
It just took a little while of driving the boat, while drunk!
Doing so is just like closing your eyes and shooting a gun, not knowing were the bullets are going!
How about this....... Maybe today you didn't shoot someone....then after shooting it OR driving drunk.... day after day....... But what about when they do? Then what should be your punishment be? Your risking lives when they do it? Correct? Just like this man did? Correct?
Maybe if people knew you would get the death penalty for doing things so stupid like this!!!.....
That you know will risk lives? Right? Maybe then people will stop drinking and driving if they know.... That if they kill someone while drinking like this?? They will also die for it! Someone's selfish fun should never put people at risk or cost a person their life! That much selfishness in a person.... should NEVER be rewarded with a second chance at life in 10 years? It happens how many times a year? And the punishment is still the same?
What about all the chances they took from the one they killed? Your daughter? Or son? People drink and drive everyday until they are caught or kill someone? They were shooting their guns off every time they drove while drunk.... Just that day... His bullet hit someone....
I wish I could go and visit him and ask?
I'd ask......."That day you crashed....did you have 10 years of fun that day?.... from drinking that beer? And driving the boat?"
"I'll ask you again after 10 years in prison".....
As I say... "He didn't see that blowing up in his face?" Is anyone else confused about what happens when you drink and drive?
After how many crashes a year?
Year after, year.....
.....etc.....etc....etc....etc .....etc.....etc....etc...etc. ...etc....etc....etc....etc... .etc....etc....etc....
Well you know how long people have been drinking and driving........
Just my thoughts.
#31 Dec 24, 2010
It's a tragedy that a person died.I'm sure
that they had no idea that the "Captain",who must have been a stranger, would be consuming alcohol.Or maybe they asked him to quit drinking or to dock and
let them off of the boat?Friends don't let friends
drive drunk.Were all persons on the boat intoxicated?The boat driver is responsible for the crash and death but why did the victim and others on the boat allow this to happen?
#32 Dec 24, 2010
Just one thing wrong with your little lecture: he was tried and sentenced in Wood Co., West Virginia. Moundsville may not be any nicer a place to stay than any of Ohio's facilities, but the guy will be serving his time in W Va, unless Ohio has started to offer out-of-state room and board.
#33 Dec 25, 2010
WV doesn't have many places for motorboats so I bet they have a big party when they get a trial. They should make the Ohio river under Ohio's jurisdiction. That way you wouldn't have those dumb nazi wannabees (WVDNR) gettin to "straighten out" those unsuspecting people from Ohio. That's really how they think.
#34 Dec 25, 2010
#35 Dec 25, 2010
Some kids were having fun and were all involved in an accident.....one died. Its a shame. All of us do crazy things from time to time......the consequences differ.
#36 Dec 25, 2010
Sorry all those words hurt your eyes..... Learn to read and it don't do that.
How about this.......
APHORISM:[A SHORT, POINTED SENTENCE THAT EXPRESSES A WISE OR CLEVER OBSERVATION OR A GENERAL TRUTH ]
1. The nicest thing about the future is ... that it always starts tomorrow.
2. Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
3. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
7. Business conventions are important ... because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.
8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
9. Scratch a cat ... and you will have a permanent job.
10. No one has more driving ambition than the teenage boy who wants to buy a car.
11. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.
12. There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 a.m.- like, it could be the right number.
13. No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning.
14. I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
15. Be careful about reading the fine print.... There's no way you're going to like it.
16. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
17. Do you realize that, in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos in strange places?(And rap music will be the Golden Oldies!)
18. Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Cadillac than in a VW..
19. After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you're probably dead.
20. Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind .... and the ones that mind don't matter.
21. Life isn't tied with a bow ....... but it's still a gift.
That was fun!!!!
#37 Dec 25, 2010
22. If you can't amuse the world, amuse yourself.
Add your comments below
|Missing Woman's Family Seeks Answers, Launch Se... (Jul '10)||Dec 21||King||112|
|GRDA Leaving Lake Levels Higher Through Labor D...||Sep '16||A L Nusser||1|
|Boat repossession binge: Fort Lauderdale compan... (Apr '09)||Aug '16||Steverino||69|
|Diversity is White Genocide (Jul '16)||Jul '16||6978hkrjh||1|
|Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... (Jun '16)||Jun '16||Johnny South Knox...||3|
|OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... (May '16)||May '16||PFD||1|
|Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... (May '16)||May '16||SWAT practices there||1|
Find what you want!
Search Boating Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC