Boater missing in Lake Marie near Antioch

Sep 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ABC7 Chicago

A search is underway for a missing boater in the far northern suburbs. Divers are searching the waters and using sonar in Lake Marie near Antioch.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2013
Ashley Mosquera

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

I live on this lake and where they were , was close by that happened but if I see or end up finding him from shore I will defiantly report it! I give respect to those vctims on the boat

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Updated:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Man-Pres...

My sincere sympathies to family and friends. Such sad news.

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I don't mean any disrespect, but am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. If he was holding on to the side of the boat for 5-8 minutes, were there no life jackets on board? No rope? Nothing that could have helped him to keep afloat? It just doesn't make sense.
Antich Mom

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Maybe a heart attack? The poor daughter-being there

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I was asking myself the same thing. My thought was he must have been hurt or something. I also heard he had clothes and boots on which made it difficult to stay afloat. How terribly sad. My condolences to all his friends and family.

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

This mornings story states that once he fell, he never came back up. Lacerations on his head are consistent with the theory that he hit his head when he fell in. This makes more sense.

The child who was in the boat - my daughter knows her from school, says she's a sweet girl. So sad for the whole family, but special prayers for her, as this will likely haunt her, poor thing.
Antioch res

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

@news reader 2011 - what is the source of that story?? Just trying to figure out if it is reported or just rumors...

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Antioch res wrote:
@news reader 2011 - what is the source of that story?? Just trying to figure out if it is reported or just rumors...
From the News-Sun this morning. If you are asking what their source is, I would have no clue.

http://newssun.suntimes.com/22632880-417/drow...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••