Sausalito boating club lists in squal...

Sausalito boating club lists in squall of infighting

There are 38 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jan 15, 2010, titled Sausalito boating club lists in squall of infighting. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

The antique barge that houses the Sausalito Cruising Club once carried everything from war munitions to grain shipments to stuffed animals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill

Corte Madera, CA

#22 Jan 16, 2010
If these two have been accused of stealing from the club under their management, than someone other than an inside lawyer should be investigating...You can't run a story based on one side and call it good.This is a drinking club with many strikes against it.
Torgo Q and A

Scottsdale, AZ

#24 Jan 16, 2010
Torgo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the Nurse, where is the Nurse?
The Nurse does please the Master.
How's the hand Torgo? Did it ever heal?
Sausalito Resident

Foster City, CA

#25 Jan 16, 2010
Bill is correct. IJ - why don't you dig a bit deeper on the other side of the story .....that will be newsworthy.
A Sausalito Resident

Vernalis, CA

#26 Jan 16, 2010
This women, Elisa Downie, looks like a super bitch for sure. I hope she looses big time.
Marin Women

Santa Maria, CA

#27 Jan 16, 2010

1.. I want a woman who believes the women at work don't like her because they
are intimidated by her looks, oh yea, the men, don't like you because you
have a superior intellect and you’re a threat—mother fucking misogynists!

2. I want a woman who will only marry a rich white guy, but will sleep
with black men-after all, she's into equal opportunity when it come
to her lust. Bisexuality is also acceptable as long as you’re drunk!

3. I want a woman who calls people early in the morning and blames it all
on the alcohol.

4. I want a woman who yells at the homeless for smoking on street. They
are just a waste of space anyway and “Honestly”--just plain lazy!

5. I want a woman who sends her food orders back regularly, because she's
also a "Foodie", and those Morons can't do anything right!

6. I want a strict vegetarian- who tells everyone how to eat, but will eat
sushi because fish really don't count and fish oil is good for your hair-

7. I want a women whom scolds me if I make a politically incorrect statement
once a year, but she is allowed to say what ever comes to mind--daily!

8. I want a woman who tells me I need to make more money, but then complains
I work too much.

9.. I want a woman whom refers to younger attractive women as cheap and
whorrish (yea, I know my spelling is wrong, and the ability to point out grammatical, or spelling errors in love letters would be great)!!Yea!!

10. Ever wonder when the looks go so does the Money Maker? Than you spend the rest of your life fighting
with other women and trying to regain the power of youth. Fighting--botox and painkillers.

11. Marin has more lonely angry women than any place on earth. Why?
tellmewhy

Irvine, CA

#28 Jan 16, 2010
Birdsheet Beater wrote:
Wow... now that's the type of yachtmanship I'm talking about birdsheet! You're a real assett to the boating world and that disfunctional club. And thanks for sharing your heroic deeds, you old tough guy you. Oh,and sorry for the butt kicking you took that night, you were obviously too loaded to remember the real story. Ha! Sail on tuff guy.
Love that! Way to go Birdsheet Beater! I dont condone the violence but like that you called him on his sheet.

“"ERACISM in 2010"”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#29 Jan 16, 2010
I was taking my daily walk on Bridgeway when I saw two women before my eyes. I saw them arguing about their boats and saw that trouble was brewing. As a professional nurse with an extreme sense of awareness, I stopped to see what was wrong with the situation. As I went in between them with no regard to my safety a large group of pedestrians gathered, all they were doing was gawking and talking on their cell phones. As a professional nurse I took charge of the situation and yelled for someone to call the police and 911. One of the spectators passed out in front of me. I then went on to administer first aid because as a professional nurse, this is what I am trained to do. The police arrived first and all but one stayed. As a professional nurse I am sure they ran because they were afraid of a lawsuit. As the police could do nothing amidst the chaos, the police said I saved their lives and was a hero. I told them that I am not a hero I am a professional nurse whose duty is to save people. I am also a humble and modest professional nurse and do not like to be called a hero. As a professional nurse, I just do what I do because this is what I do
Harpo Marks

Santa Maria, CA

#30 Jan 16, 2010
"tell a woman they can't join the club, they will do Anything to get in."

The Problem with America------It's getting old!!
U R Sick

AOL

#31 Jan 16, 2010
Marin Jim wrote:
I was taking my daily walk on Bridgeway when I saw two women before my eyes. I saw them arguing about their boats and saw that trouble was brewing. As a professional nurse with an extreme sense of awareness, I stopped to see what was wrong with the situation. As I went in between them with no regard to my safety a large group of pedestrians gathered, all they were doing was gawking and talking on their cell phones. As a professional nurse I took charge of the situation and yelled for someone to call the police and 911. One of the spectators passed out in front of me. I then went on to administer first aid because as a professional nurse, this is what I am trained to do. The police arrived first and all but one stayed. As a professional nurse I am sure they ran because they were afraid of a lawsuit. As the police could do nothing amidst the chaos, the police said I saved their lives and was a hero. I told them that I am not a hero I am a professional nurse whose duty is to save people. I am also a humble and modest professional nurse and do not like to be called a hero. As a professional nurse, I just do what I do because this is what I do
So you're the -sshole that's been writing those sick comments!
Will - Sausalito actually

Ross, CA

#32 Jan 16, 2010
Thanks "Marin Jim"...we know you're not the real nurse but you'd give Tina Fey a good run. There are people who still can't appreciate good satire though and that is sad.

BTW I am a longtime Sausalito resident and this IS my kind of news...and people actually do sail out of the SCC. They run some great races which I cherish the memory of from younger days...and they are sailors so of course they can drink pretty well.

Should be quite an insightful story from the real nurse once she has time to respond from Haiti so I'm setting my alert!

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#33 Jan 16, 2010
U R Sick wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're the -sshole that's been writing those sick comments!
No, He's trying to claim the glory from the "nurse"....Jim's not a "professional"-anyth ing, except, perhaps a Professional leach.
miles smiles

Novato, CA

#34 Jan 17, 2010
This is not "news" IJ.

“"ERACISM in 2010"”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#35 Jan 17, 2010
miles smiles wrote:
This is not "news" IJ.
I prefer "birth of the cool"
Captain Gort

Sacramento, CA

#36 Jan 17, 2010
Sounds like a microcosm for all of Sausalito, if not America. No more fun times.
Now its all about politics and lawyers. How about boating in general? I've been involved
with boats since the 1950s. Boating was a ton of fun. Remember when Opening Day was a monumental event and the Bay was covered with decorated boats? Nowadays...its just a hollow shell of its past glory. And the boats- Today, the yacht harbors are full of boat- that's obvious- but almost NONE of them ever move. Their only use is as places to live (most often in the secretive "sneak-aboard" mode...and berth rents are sky-high. Why do owners keep them? Ha- they are STUCK with them...that's why. Nobody is buying. Oh, sure, there are a few rich folks and true enthusiasts that still do the boating thing, but the glory days are over. And that's kinda sad, I think... I wonder if the low-maintenance fiberglas boat has something to do with this. In the old wood days, an owner really had to be involved with their boat or it would just die in a few years. Today's fiberglass boats can languish at the pier for decades, unused and ignored....
Will - Sausalito actually

Ross, CA

#37 Jan 17, 2010
Well said, Cpt Gort!
tellmewhy

Irvine, CA

#38 Jan 17, 2010
Thank you for this. It is exactly the point and the reason. None of the other comments really matter. This is the crux of the news story.
Captain Gort wrote:
Sounds like a microcosm for all of Sausalito, if not America. No more fun times.
Now its all about politics and lawyers. How about boating in general? I've been involved
with boats since the 1950s. Boating was a ton of fun. Remember when Opening Day was a monumental event and the Bay was covered with decorated boats? Nowadays...its just a hollow shell of its past glory. And the boats- Today, the yacht harbors are full of boat- that's obvious- but almost NONE of them ever move. Their only use is as places to live (most often in the secretive "sneak-aboard" mode...and berth rents are sky-high. Why do owners keep them? Ha- they are STUCK with them...that's why. Nobody is buying. Oh, sure, there are a few rich folks and true enthusiasts that still do the boating thing, but the glory days are over. And that's kinda sad, I think... I wonder if the low-maintenance fiberglas boat has something to do with this. In the old wood days, an owner really had to be involved with their boat or it would just die in a few years. Today's fiberglass boats can languish at the pier for decades, unused and ignored....
Sham elections

Novato, CA

#39 Jan 17, 2010
I've loved being a part of the Sausalito Cruising Club and its very sad these problems are going on. I truly hope the Club continues

The so called election was a Sham...it was supposed to be confidential, but yesterday I was told my application for renewal will be turned down because I voted for the "renegade" board.
If the election was secret, how did they know who I voted for?
rickinmarin

Petaluma, CA

#41 Jan 21, 2010
Marin jim you sound like a total tool,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is White Genocide Jul 16 6978hkrjh 1
News Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... Jun '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
News OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... May '16 PFD 1
News Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... May '16 SWAT practices there 1
News Hundreds gather for funeral of Putnam deputy wh... Apr '16 theobservers 1
News Get a life - jacket (Jul '10) Feb '16 Fart news 16
News Dolphin retrieves Miami Heat dancer's phone fro... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DILF 8
More from around the web