Boating under the influence checkpoint set

Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

Lake County Sheriff's Marine Patrol will conduct a boating under the influence checkpoint Saturday on Clear Lake.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike-Lakeport

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 23, 2010
 
I'm not a boat owner but it seems somewhat unamerican to arrest people for drinking while pleasure boating. Why not split the lake in half? The sober boaters stay below the south demarcation line and the intoxicated boaters stay north with the understanding that it's every man for himself. Let due process take over.
pot head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 23, 2010
 
They forgot to mention that it is permissible to go 50+mph at nite because there is no speed limit on Clear Lake.
Vision

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 23, 2010
 
Alcohol can effect your vision, especially night vision the article says. No glasses, alcohol, speeding in the dark = FATALITY. Sorry to Lynn Thorton's family and friends, RIP.
Vision

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 23, 2010
 
Mike-Lakeport wrote:
I'm not a boat owner but it seems somewhat unamerican to arrest people for drinking while pleasure boating. Why not split the lake in half? The sober boaters stay below the south demarcation line and the intoxicated boaters stay north with the understanding that it's every man for himself. Let due process take over.
Are you serious? Haven't we had enough fatalities on the lake due to partying? "UNAMERICAN" to try to protect families, children that are on the lake? Unbelievable!
citizen

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 23, 2010
 
Vision- seriously...I think he was joking.
Mike-Lakeport

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 23, 2010
 
No, I wasn't serious, but thanks for falling for it.
Vision

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 23, 2010
 
Mike-Lakeport wrote:
No, I wasn't serious, but thanks for falling for it.
Oh Jeeez, what was I thinking? Ha! Sorry Mike.

“Used to be"Just Wondering"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 23, 2010
 
I think we should follow Ar1zona's lead, Just post signs warning that the lake is full of drunk, speeding boaters and is not safe to be out on.
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 23, 2010
 
Why are we having a BUI weekend when it's the wine tour weekend? Shouldn't it have been the weekend for the DUI checkpoint? Dag nabbit - we have a reputation to maintain here - come to Lake County on Vacation, Leave on Probation!
Pigs Fly

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 23, 2010
 
Can not stop the Quaggas, ca not stop the weeds, so let us look for sinners and Pigs will help you if you fly.

Be a Pig Do Not Oink and Drive.

Oink Oink. Mitchell for Sheriff, Lake is 1 in POt and 1 in just plain garbage, let us bless him with another 4 years.

The Man , Mitchell. we do not need no Pigs Flying, we are on our own here in Lakeport.

Lock em up Dano. Tiny Bubbles in the Wine, make me feel Happy make me feel Republican and will vote for Mitchell in November.

Four more paddles will bring me to Hawaii of Speed, Crack Lake.

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 23, 2010
 
Pigs Fly wrote:
Can not stop the Quaggas, ca not stop the weeds, so let us look for sinners and Pigs will help you if you fly.
Be a Pig Do Not Oink and Drive.
Oink Oink. Mitchell for Sheriff, Lake is 1 in POt and 1 in just plain garbage, let us bless him with another 4 years.
The Man , Mitchell. we do not need no Pigs Flying, we are on our own here in Lakeport.
Lock em up Dano. Tiny Bubbles in the Wine, make me feel Happy make me feel Republican and will vote for Mitchell in November.
Four more paddles will bring me to Hawaii of Speed, Crack Lake.
ROFLMAO! Man are you cracka-lakin!
Pigs Fly

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 23, 2010
 
No just crazy cant afford the crack I live in Crack Lake.
Just cheap Booze from Safeway, ahh life goes better with a Miller down the Crack.

“Used to be"Just Wondering"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 23, 2010
 
Pigs Fly wrote:
No just crazy cant afford the crack I live in Crack Lake.
Just cheap Booze from Safeway, ahh life goes better with a Miller down the Crack.
Wazza matter you know you can get more beer for your bucks at wallyworld, why shop slaveway?
Bad timing

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 23, 2010
 
Donna Christopher wrote:
Why are we having a BUI weekend when it's the wine tour weekend? Shouldn't it have been the weekend for the DUI checkpoint? Dag nabbit - we have a reputation to maintain here - come to Lake County on Vacation, Leave on Probation!
Donna, I thought the exact same thing. Great for tourism....NOT What are they thinking??????
private

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 23, 2010
 
Maybe it has something to do with the native American tule boat races this weekend. Drunk injuns on the water! worse than Al Quada. Lake county always shoots itself in the foot.

“Used to be"Just Wondering"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 23, 2010
 
private wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with the native American tule boat races this weekend. Drunk injuns on the water! worse than Al Quada. Lake county always shoots itself in the foot.
Do they need navagation lights? Or can people just run over them in speed boats?
Ghandi

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 23, 2010
 
I love crystal meth and beer. I also am non-violently opposed to interference in my rights to sail and be loaded. We will need to lay down on the water until this travesty is ended. Salt to you Mitchell, I will not vote Republican again, Bush was my last Republican vote. I will not vote for another Republican, no matter how much pot they let be grown in Lake County.

Your Ghandi the Good.
Brad King - kville

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 24, 2010
 
Bad timing wrote:
<quoted text>Donna, I thought the exact same thing. Great for tourism....NOT What are they thinking??????
You guys canNOT be advocating a weekend pass on DUIs because it's bad for business / tourism / buzzkill, right? I didn't think so.

Please enjoy Lake County responsibly.
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 24, 2010
 
No Brad - there is no pass ever for impaired operating of a vehicle. I just found the timing to be interesting. DUI checkpoint a week before the 'drink your way around the the county' event, BUI the weekend of the 'drink your way around the county'.

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 24, 2010
 
Pigs Fly wrote:
No just crazy cant afford the crack I live in Crack Lake.
Just cheap Booze from Safeway, ahh life goes better with a Miller down the Crack.
LOL!
I was referencing the cartoon movie with the zoo animals going to Africa (can't remember the title) the zebra's voice was Chris Rock and his catchphrase was "crackalakin" has no reference to crack cocaine. I always laughed when he said that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••