Boat collision in Lake Havasu injures...

Boat collision in Lake Havasu injures 6 people

There are 51 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Apr 19, 2010, titled Boat collision in Lake Havasu injures 6 people. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Several people were injured in a serious boating accident at Lake Havasu, near California Cove in Needles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WEST

Monterey Park, CA

#45 Apr 21, 2010
Daughter of McCarthy wrote:
know what s. happens dont judge you dont know the whole story. People need to mind there own business it didnt happen to you so stay the f. out of it. You cant say anything to anyone till it happens to you if you have a problem with this keep it to yourself.
*ahem... yea sh*t happens but it's kind of hard to mind our "OWN" business when this story is on the information super highway. I don't know all the facts but speed played a big role in this unfortunate accident.
WEST

Monterey Park, CA

#46 Apr 21, 2010
i mean, I'm sure speed..........
havasu boater

Montclair, CA

#47 Apr 22, 2010
former river rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless thing have changed dramatically out there there are significantly more drunks behind the wheel per sq mile and the ones that aren't driving a boat seem to want to create drama on the beach. I see you stay away on holidays for that reason unfortunately my ability to get away is mostly limited to those weekends. Life is full of risks but the BS outweighed the benefits so I moved on to other things. As with most activities the 10% screw it up for everyone else.
Things have changed out there...my mother lives there and there was recently an article in there paper about how the city is suffering with the high police activity, the bullshit tickets and lock ups out there that they have hurt havasu because people are not making it out there anymore for there vacation and its hurting there city!! You know come to havasu on vacation leave on probation!! I was just out there with my familey and it was nice...went to the sand bar had a great time!! Dont stick out like a sore thumb out there KEEP CLEAR OF THE FAST BOATERS (witch is not hard to do)and you will have a great time...LOVE HAVASU!!
None

Chino, CA

#48 Apr 22, 2010
To the daughter,

Everyone is not doing fine for your information. There is a person fighting for his life in a Phoneix hospital. His face was crushed in. Legs broken and more. Did you not ever learn it is not ok to drink and drive. Car or boat. Your parents need to teach you something. Shame on you. HE could have killed someone. Think of that. And yes people do make mistakes, but not all people make one like this. Please don't ever drink and drive!
LJJ

San Pedro, CA

#49 Apr 22, 2010
FYI There is more than one person in the hospital still fighting. It was a bad move agreed. S#it talking?? Doesnt make anything any better at all does it?
None

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#50 Apr 23, 2010
Yes, I am sorry. There are still other people in the hospital fighting. We think about them everyday and their families and their pain.
Gary

Oxnard, CA

#51 Apr 23, 2010
For anyone who is actually concerned about the people involved, here is a link to the blog about what is happening http://lennyclem.blogspot.com/
havasu boater

Montclair, CA

#52 Apr 23, 2010
Gary wrote:
For anyone who is actually concerned about the people involved, here is a link to the blog about what is happening http://lennyclem.blogspot.com/
this link only talks about one guy...what about the other 5...how are they doing??
FlagBoater

Phoenix, AZ

#53 Apr 23, 2010
Sorry to hear about the injuries. I've spent a lot of time on Lake Havasu in my 21 foot jetboat, day and night. When will people learn that excessive drinking, excessive speed, and night time boating are a deadly combination? If you boat in the dark go slow, all those crosses at Devil's Elbow aren't from high cholesterol.
None

Chino, CA

#54 Apr 23, 2010
I believe 3 people are still in the hospital. Two in an Las Vegas hospital. One in Phoniex. I think they are still critical. Please do not quote me on this. I do know that the one in Phoniex is still there and very critical.

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!
LJJ

San Pedro, CA

#55 Apr 24, 2010
One in Phoenix and one in Vegas the rest are not in the hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GRDA Leaving Lake Levels Higher Through Labor D... (Sep '16) Feb '17 Lift 2
News Missing Woman's Family Seeks Answers, Launch Se... (Jul '10) Dec '16 King 112
News Boat repossession binge: Fort Lauderdale compan... (Apr '09) Aug '16 Steverino 69
Diversity is White Genocide (Jul '16) Jul '16 6978hkrjh 1
News Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
News OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... (May '16) May '16 PFD 1
News Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... (May '16) May '16 SWAT practices there 1
More from around the web