Steve Nixon indicted on murder charges; Richmond Fire Captain now charged with murder after Lanca...

Full story: WTVR

A Richmond Fire Captain is now charged with murder in connection with a deadly boating accident that killed a Glen Allen woman back in July.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HuffieVA

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Murder requires premeditation, if he is guilty of murder, then everybody on the boat would be an accessory to murder... This is turning into a "Lets make an example out of someone" rather than actual justice. Its a total failure of our legal system...
HuffieVA

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Tea Head, why don't you crawl back in bed with your mother?
mark anderson

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I am a boat owner myself, and expected to obey the law just like the next guy. Sure there are hot summer days when a few beers would be nice to have on the boat, but the law is the law. I say treat this guy just as you would me or any other boater who breaks the law.
waytogo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I don't care what kind of life Mr. Nixon has lived in the past, he made a terrible decision that night and that was to operate a boat while drunk. He of all people should know the results of what drinking and driving causes...since he has been a career firefighter/rescuer. He choose to throw that career away when he made this decision that has affected many lives. I don't think Mr. Nixon should take all the blame...the other adults on the boat made similar decisions and also allowed this man to drive them and the innocent children. The children in this story will have to remember this night for the rest of their lives and they didn't have a choice...they had to go with these so called "responsible people." His wife should also be facing child endargement charges. My heart goes out to the Brady family, Mr. Nixon's ex-wife while she takes care of their children and the father of Mr. Nixon's step children. When people feel sorry for Mr. Nixon...I want them to sit back and think about what these 3 families had to go through when they received the call in the middle of the night and received this horrible news about their loved ones.
Bonnie

Marienville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Judged:

Huffie only 1st degree requires premditation. There are different degrees of murder. This charge right here only says there was enough evidence for the grand jury to warrant the charge. His lawyer will get it knocked down to a lesser degree but a homicide charge just the same.

Now saying all that, here is a man who no doubt has seen the horrible results of driving or boating while drunk. Using poor judgement is an understatement.

I dont care who in here loves him or works with him, related to him, married to him, blah blah blah. To those people I say to YOU ... where were YOU ? This man didnt just wake up and start boating and driving for the 1st time on this fateful day. No, he's been doing that and drinking and driving leaving some of your houses drunk on many an occasion. So where were YOU to stop him before this happened ?
geofliar

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I think they were harassing other drivers on the road and following them and their children into places of business or they were visiting the Emerson NJFD.
angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I agree with "waytogo" all the adults on the boat are to blame and i think they should all be charged as well. If Mr. Nixon was as drunk as the courts say then the other adults must have been drunk as well to have put those children and themselves on that boat. The adults had a choice but the children did not. Where was the
MOTHER/STEP MOTHER!! I would say she was drunk as well!! What kind of "MOTHER" would do that to her children/step children "NOT A VERY GOOD ONE"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••