Steve Nixon indicted on murder charges; Richmond Fire Captain now charged with murder after Lanca...

Full story: WTVR

A Richmond Fire Captain is now charged with murder in connection with a deadly boating accident that killed a Glen Allen woman back in July.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abby

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

This is just such a tragedy for so many. Perhaps all you boaters can learn from what took place on the Rappahannock last July. Beer and boating definitely don't mix.
Mike

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

They keep adding charges. They really want to hang this guy
Morris Shifflett

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Yup, and he is still probably getting paid full salary by the city and they are holding his job...way to go City of Richmond, our tax dollars at work.
anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Mrs Morris Shifflett, you think you know so much. Well Mr. Nixon is on unpaid leave and has been for several months. SO get your facts straight. I am very close to him and work for the city. His job is not being held FYI !!!!!!! His job depends on the outcome of the court case. Don't spread stuff yuo know nothing about.
anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Also, Steve is a great man and still is. Yes this man used poor judgment and lack of self discipline that night in July. Many boaters have done the same thing on the water and just have been lucky. He should pay for his actions no doubt, but murder that is tough to swallow. This man grieves and suffers daily about his actions and will live with what he done the rest of his life. It wasn't like his actions were intentional. I have worked right beside this man many days and he loved his family and his brother and his finance, he would have never jeopardized anyone if he thought he was unable to operate that vessel. If he was so messed up then hoe come the other 5 adults didn't stop him from driving
chesterfield

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

i think they went to far with the murder charge. Yes the man should have got the other charges...but not murder! Yes someone was killed but he did not murder her
Judy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Morris Shifflett wrote:
Yup, and he is still probably getting paid full salary by the city and they are holding his job...way to go City of Richmond, our tax dollars at work.
Innocent UNTIL proven guilty. They can not do anything until he is found guilty of the crime by a jury of his peers. That is a right that is afforded to each and everyone one of us.

I'm still wondering how that can charge him with murder and involuntary manslaughter on the same person. I can see the Involuntary manslaughter but by definition alone I can not see how they can do murder. Or how they can charge with 2 different charges for a single death of a single person.

Murder: unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being

Involuntary manslaughter: is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought
anonymous

Ruther Glen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Isn't the murder charge based on the fact that he killed someone in the commission of another felony?
Ed Mackie

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

Enjoy jail dbag!!
Jeryl

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Abby wrote:
This is just such a tragedy for so many. Perhaps all you boaters can learn from what took place on the Rappahannock last July. Beer and boating definitely don't mix.
I will agree, Abby. It really is a tragedy for everyone involved.

It was not premeditated; it was a STUPID accident that should have never happened. Whatever life Steve Nixon had in the past is now gone. That goes for Amanda's family and everyone connected to this misfortune.

It was supposed to be a day of fun for all, but instead because of bad decisions, it turned out to be a nightmare.

Because I am not directly connected to this incident, I do not feel vindictive toward Steve as some may be at this point. I can only imagine the pain that everyone is going through. While Steve’s entire professional career was dedicated to savings lives, his own actions ended up taking one. As a community, this is sad for all of us.

I wish everyone involved the best.
Abby

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Jeryl wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree, Abby. It really is a tragedy for everyone involved.
It was not premeditated; it was a STUPID accident that should have never happened. Whatever life Steve Nixon had in the past is now gone. That goes for Amanda's family and everyone connected to this misfortune.
It was supposed to be a day of fun for all, but instead because of bad decisions, it turned out to be a nightmare.
Because I am not directly connected to this incident, I do not feel vindictive toward Steve as some may be at this point. I can only imagine the pain that everyone is going through. While Steve’s entire professional career was dedicated to savings lives, his own actions ended up taking one. As a community, this is sad for all of us.
I wish everyone involved the best.
There is nothing good to come from any of this. The court has decided it really wants to crucify this man. I just hope a little compassion can be shown towards him and his loved ones.
adbfan

Ramsey, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

i dont think murder is appropriate...involuntary manslaughter maybe but not murder...
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

Abby wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing good to come from any of this. The court has decided it really wants to crucify this man. I just hope a little compassion can be shown towards him and his loved ones.
just shut up abby, you are never kind to others who have done less than that bum. u can't help but support the white boy.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

adbfan wrote:
i dont think murder is appropriate...involuntary manslaughter maybe but not murder...
add some more charges that bum knew better
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent UNTIL proven guilty. They can not do anything until he is found guilty of the crime by a jury of his peers. That is a right that is afforded to each and everyone one of us.
I'm still wondering how that can charge him with murder and involuntary manslaughter on the same person. I can see the Involuntary manslaughter but by definition alone I can not see how they can do murder. Or how they can charge with 2 different charges for a single death of a single person.
Murder: unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being
Involuntary manslaughter: is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought
truth be known, you can't see at all.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

chesterfield wrote:
i think they went to far with the murder charge. Yes the man should have got the other charges...but not murder! Yes someone was killed but he did not murder her
yeah, you think! wheres your opinion on other situations that warranted an up-grade of charges. SOCK IT TO HIM.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
Also, Steve is a great man and still is. Yes this man used poor judgment and lack of self discipline that night in July. Many boaters have done the same thing on the water and just have been lucky. He should pay for his actions no doubt, but murder that is tough to swallow. This man grieves and suffers daily about his actions and will live with what he done the rest of his life. It wasn't like his actions were intentional. I have worked right beside this man many days and he loved his family and his brother and his finance, he would have never jeopardized anyone if he thought he was unable to operate that vessel. If he was so messed up then **** come the other 5 adults didn't stop him from driving
sometimes good law-abiding men break the law for no reason. SOCK IT TO HIM.
not a demorat

Crimora, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
add some more charges that bum knew better
dont be hatin cause you cant swim and enjoy the water....... they say turds float, so you should be safe.......
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

not a demorat wrote:
<quoted text>dont be hatin cause you cant swim and enjoy the water....... they say turds float, so you should be safe.......
i guess you've already tried the back-stroke, eh sewer gator.
not a demorat

Crimora, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you've already tried the back-stroke, eh sewer gator.
works much better than the bLack stroke....... straight to the bottom where you belong bottom feeder

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boating Discussions

Search the Boating Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
3 Injured In Catalina Boating Accident Feb '14 cdcypress 9
Man indicted in 2010 fatal Tybee Island boating... Oct '13 Concerned 1
State proposes boating regulation changes (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jewel 1
Marine Unit wrapping up another busy season (Oct '13) Oct '13 Bea 1
When out on the water, know the boating 'rules ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 MARC 1
Capital's Boat Club: The new hangout? (Aug '13) Aug '13 Lance Tankman 1
Worries abound as water levels dip to historic ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Nature 1
•••
•••