NH woman convicted of killing best friend in boat crash is sent...

Full story: Lowell Sun

A New Hampshire woman who was leader of a recreational boating association when she killed her best friend in a speed boat crash after a night of drinking was sentenced Wednesday to six months in jail, followed by six months of home confinement.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2011
liblion

Taunton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Wow, you can actually kill someone and get what amounts to a slap on the wrist. Where's the justice in this sentence?
capt crunch

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

6 months?
6 months in home?
.... pay funeral costs?
FOR KILLING SOMEONE???!!!
The seven year MAX. isn't enough.
leland

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

The family of the deceased girl as well as the other injured woman all asked the judge to not sentence Blizzard to jail time.
capt crunch

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Blizzards actions during the incident, and afterward, show me she is not responsible and needs to be held accountable. The deceased and the other victim are/were friends with Blizzard. The reccomendations they provide to the judge shouldn't have any weight because of their history and relationship. Should a judge sentence someone according to the recomendation provided by a friend of the convicted?

The ruling a judge hands down should be a punishment for the crime. AND it should also deter others from commiting the same crime. This ruling has done neither.

Blizzard got away with murder..... and so did the judge.
leland wrote:
The family of the deceased girl as well as the other injured woman all asked the judge to not sentence Blizzard to jail time.
none

Gilford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

leland wrote:
I think Daddy had a lot to do with her beings out of jail.
I think she should not be out of jail she killed somebody drunk driving a boat why should she have special treatment if it were any of us we'd be in jail the full time. She gets out to work at Daddy's Marina but Byrd is still in jail he didn't kill anyone.His sentence is to harsh what what he did her's should be enforced to the full term of her sentence. Laws are different for the rich people and that's wrong
Cindi

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Damn drunks ruin everything. All you drunks out here should lay off the booze. I hate the word "...party..." because we all know what that means.

Damn drunks. If only they could all die in single car, truck, boat and skimobile accidents but sadly they take the innocent with them.

Damn drunks suck.
No Kidding

Kennebunkport, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

none wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Daddy had a lot to do with her beings out of jail.
I think she should not be out of jail she killed somebody drunk driving a boat why should she have special treatment if it were any of us we'd be in jail the full time. She gets out to work at Daddy's Marina but Byrd is still in jail he didn't kill anyone.His sentence is to harsh what what he did her's should be enforced to the full term of her sentence. Laws are different for the rich people and that's wrong
You get as much "Justice" as you can afford.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man drowns during boating accident Aug 6 Concerned 1
Man hurt in Lake Mahopac boating accident remai... (Jul '09) Aug 2 james hosford 11
Keeping safe on the water Aug 2 is Credit river c... 1
Iowa man drowns in Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks Jun '14 really 7
Charged sailing coach taught in Hamilton May '14 string him up 1
Uber brings water taxis to Muskoka for Victoria... May '14 Eric 1
3 Injured In Catalina Boating Accident (Jan '14) Feb '14 cdcypress 9

Search the Boating Forum:
•••
•••