New boating laws in Virginia, North C...

New boating laws in Virginia, North Carolina

There are 12 comments on the WTKR story from May 31, 2010, titled New boating laws in Virginia, North Carolina. In it, WTKR reports that:

A new law in North Carolina went into effect May 1 that now requires boat drivers under 26 years old to complete a boating safety course before operating a motor boat of 10 horsepower or greater.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

Darden

Rockville, VA

#1 Jun 1, 2010
well sure won't hurt for personal watercraft operators. They act like they have no brains at all when they get on one and start racing around.
Mr Liberal

Gloucester, VA

#2 Jun 1, 2010
It's not fair that rich white people own the most boats while people of color will never set foot on one and enjoy the water.
The Federal government needs to correct this inequality.
Working man

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jun 1, 2010
Maybe you should rephrase your statement. It would be best stated as rich white people that WORK, that pay income taxes and do not receive government welfare checks.
Christy

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Jun 1, 2010
Mr Liberal wrote:
It's not fair that rich white people own the most boats while people of color will never set foot on one and enjoy the water.
The Federal government needs to correct this inequality.
Your post is the biggest load of crap I've read today. It's called hard work, patience, and a little ambition to achieve the things you want in life (ex: owning a boat...much like everything else in life). So don't give me that crap. Besides, I know plently "people of color" that own water crafts (as well as those who dont'). They earned what they have, and those that don't have it CHOOSE not to. So grow up and get a clue about the real world.
clh

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Jun 1, 2010
Mr Liberal wrote:
It's not fair that rich white people own the most boats while people of color will never set foot on one and enjoy the water.
The Federal government needs to correct this inequality.
What a boatload of crap!!!

If your waiting for the government to pull up to your front door with a free cabin cruiser then keep dreaming. Otherwise...WORK FOR IT!
What does that comment even have to do with the article in the first place?
frodge

Newport News, VA

#6 Jun 1, 2010
so what are all us senior citizons required to have. weve been boating for over 45 years with no certification
Mr Liberal

Gloucester, VA

#7 Jun 1, 2010
Christy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is the biggest load of crap I've read today. It's called hard work, patience, and a little ambition to achieve the things you want in life (ex: owning a boat...much like everything else in life). So don't give me that crap. Besides, I know plently "people of color" that own water crafts (as well as those who dont'). They earned what they have, and those that don't have it CHOOSE not to. So grow up and get a clue about the real world.
You are a racist bigot. Stop the hate!
Mr Liberal

Gloucester, VA

#8 Jun 1, 2010
clh wrote:
<quoted text>
What a boatload of crap!!!
If your waiting for the government to pull up to your front door with a free cabin cruiser then keep dreaming. Otherwise...WORK FOR IT!
What does that comment even have to do with the article in the first place?
If you don't know , why should I have to explain it to you? How many boats do you have?
Mr Liberal

Gloucester, VA

#9 Jun 1, 2010
Working man wrote:
Maybe you should rephrase your statement. It would be best stated as rich white people that WORK, that pay income taxes and do not receive government welfare checks.
Stop the hate !
Christy

Lexington Park, MD

#10 Jun 2, 2010
Mr Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>You are a racist bigot. Stop the hate!
Really?!?! THAT is your great come-back? WOW! You need some new material. It's completely IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a racist or a bigot. My family and I are mixed with so many differnt races and nationalities...unless I hate myself (which I don't)I couldn't be any of the racist bigot you decided to blurt out. Now that THAT is out of the way. Please grow up and get a clue. If not, than stop posting your dumb comments...it's obvious you only wanted to site a race war online anyhow. How's that not the pot calling the kettle black? Wake up and smell the reality of the real world. Lay off the crack, and stop being a hate-monger yourself. Hipocrite!
Mr Liberal

Gloucester, VA

#11 Jun 2, 2010
Christy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!?! THAT is your great come-back? WOW! You need some new material. It's completely IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a racist or a bigot. My family and I are mixed with so many differnt races and nationalities...unless I hate myself (which I don't)I couldn't be any of the racist bigot you decided to blurt out. Now that THAT is out of the way. Please grow up and get a clue. If not, than stop posting your dumb comments...it's obvious you only wanted to site a race war online anyhow. How's that not the pot calling the kettle black? Wake up and smell the reality of the real world. Lay off the crack, and stop being a hate-monger yourself. Hipocrite!
Ok, you are right. Please forgive me?
Mr Liberal

Gloucester, VA

#12 Jun 2, 2010
Christy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!?! THAT is your great come-back? WOW! You need some new material. It's completely IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a racist or a bigot. My family and I are mixed with so many differnt races and nationalities...unless I hate myself (which I don't)I couldn't be any of the racist bigot you decided to blurt out. Now that THAT is out of the way. Please grow up and get a clue. If not, than stop posting your dumb comments...it's obvious you only wanted to site a race war online anyhow. How's that not the pot calling the kettle black? Wake up and smell the reality of the real world. Lay off the crack, and stop being a hate-monger yourself. Hipocrite!
Are you still mad at me? I was simply trying to point out that thousands of black youths will never no the hapiness of owning a boat while their rich, white counterparts do. These boats were built on the backs of slaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get a life - jacket (Jul '10) Jul 24 Fart news 7
News Third annual Dragon Boat Festival held at the S... Jun '15 here and there 1
News Halton paramedic honoured for bravery in harbou... May '15 lots still not done 1
News It floats! Students battling for cardboard boat... Mar '15 Terry 1
News Lake vacation offers a change close to home (Aug '08) Mar '15 walkerwilliam 4
News Iowa man drowns in Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks (Jun '14) Nov '14 anonymous 8
News Jury selection under way for Dinius trial (Jul '09) Oct '14 oldsealawyer 235
More from around the web