On Lake Oroville, drunken boaters may get a BUI

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

On Lake Oroville on Sunday, State Parks Ranger Travis Gee cautions personal watercraft riders Catherin and Jeff Reith and Laura Henderson and Jessica Callella about the dangers of riding too close together.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
billy

Chester, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

ok so maybe you should start by telling your taxi about the no wake rule because 9 times outta ten they are the guilty ones. this shit bout unloading and loading your boat with in 2-5 min .some people just take a lil longer to do it or havent mastered it yet. i guuess your first or 5th time you did it you still did nt master shit. sure people are waiting in line to launch and its hot out, boo hoo it is what it is. DEAL WITH IT!!! i ll tell ya what. the next time you see a person having problems , offer some assistance, instead of getting annoyed. you may just make someones day by offering to help.
Lime Saddle wrote:
Here are some more helpful knowlege for some of you boaters that do not have a clue.
1. Prepare your boat for launching up top where the sign says, not on the ramp. All persons getting in to the boat should also do it here. Otherwise, walk down the left side of the ramp to the marina, DO NOT LOAD PEOPLE IN TO THE BOAT ON THE RAMP.
2. Keep your kids and dogs off the ramp, other boaters can't see them.
3. When backing down, stay within the lines of your lane, do not jack knive trailor in the water. If you can't back up a trailor, you should not be doing it.
4. If you are one of those people that has to pull your boat over to the dock with a rope, wait for the far left hand lane to come open, so you are not blocking off the whole ramp, because you can't drive your boat off a trailor.
5. Don't park on the ramp, espeacally where people turn around to launch.
6. Once you back down in to the water, get to it and get out of there, way too much visiting which can be done on the water.
7. When parking in the lot, stay within the lines of your lane and make sure you pull up far enough so you are not blocking the through lanes.
8. Try to be considerate of others, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE.
9. Fisherman, keep your voices down at 5 am when you are going past the houseboats. People are sleeping, and know one cares what you did to your wife last night in your brag fest.
10. The entire marina is a NO WAKE ZONE!!! That means if you can see waves coming from the back of your boat, you are going too fast.
Lime Saddle

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Billy, it ain't that hard. Sell your boat.
billy

Chester, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 28, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The only thing that law enforcement accomplished this weekend is brought down revenew for lime saddle and bidwell. do you honestly think that boaters want to come on down to the lake and be hurrassed 2 or three different times when all they wanna do is relax stay cool. do you honestly know how many people said hey iam not goin down to oroville lake this weekend because i dont want to be treated like a little kid from law enforcement.face the facts bout your "law enforcement" at least 75 percent of them are pricks with dicks just waitin to smack you up side your head with a hard one.
wow

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 29, 2010
 
Billy needs to learn how to spell!
Boater

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 29, 2010
 
Billy is the kind of boater Lime Saddle was talking about. Your whats wrong with the system out there dude, ME, ME, ME. As Lime Saddle suggested, PLEASE Billy, sell your boat.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 29, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!!! Get shithouse drunk and go operate a big ol' boat around a bunch of innocent people, KIDS INCLUDED!!! Teabaggin' idiot...
There's no such thing as innocent people or the concept of jesus would have wasted his life for nothing.
Good Lord

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 29, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>There's no such thing as innocent people or the concept of jesus would have wasted his life for nothing.
Suuuuuuure, pal...

I guess you're right, to a degree--you're guilty of being an idiot.
joey95926

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 29, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

billy wrote:
The only thing that law enforcement accomplished this weekend is brought down revenew for lime saddle and bidwell. do you honestly think that boaters want to come on down to the lake and be hurrassed 2 or three different times when all they wanna do is relax stay cool. do you honestly know how many people said hey iam not goin down to oroville lake this weekend because i dont want to be treated like a little kid from law enforcement.face the facts bout your "law enforcement" at least 75 percent of them are pricks with dicks just waitin to smack you up side your head with a hard one.
I actually avoid the lake because of all of the idiots out there. Watching people who don't know what they are doing try to use the boat ramp in infuriating. Knowing how many people are drinking and boating irresponsible is frightening. The police presence is a direct result of the criminal presence. Bring down the incidences of accidents and you'll decrease the police. They treat people like children because most of the people they come across are at the mentality level of children. Owning a boat doesn't grant you the deed to the lake. If everyone does it right, the police will be able to leave us all alone.

Since: Jul 08

Chico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 29, 2010
 
Lime Saddle makes some good points. Courtesy goes a long way at the boat ramp. I have only been stopped once in my life and it was up at Lake Shasta. The sheriff counted life jackets and saw the fire extinguisher and sent us on our way.
Mom of Three

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 29, 2010
 
Ingineer66 wrote:
Lime Saddle makes some good points. Courtesy goes a long way at the boat ramp. I have only been stopped once in my life and it was up at Lake Shasta. The sheriff counted life jackets and saw the fire extinguisher and sent us on our way.
Being stopped is not unusual. We were stopped on the Fox River in Illinois for the same thing with the same result. Out in Newport Harbor, same thing.
Lime Saddle

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 29, 2010
 
I think it is a good thing that the rangers keep people in check. There are a lot of people out there that do not even know proper boating etiquette or the laws. I have been out there for years and have seen a lot of dumb stuff and there is something new all the time. Maybe this will finally weed out the clueless. I still think they could write a ton of citations just alone on the ramp. What they have been doing this year, is ticketing the people parking there truck and trailor on the ramp, because they are too lazy to walk all the way up. One guy the other day parked right at the very top, could not drive the extra 50 yards to a parking spot. State Ranger sat right there and watched him walk down. Once he got to the water, the Ranger ticketed him for $78.00 I hope he got $78.00 plus a launching fee worth of fun.

“Politically Incorrect”

Since: Jul 09

Chico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 29, 2010
 
Just another example, from an endless list of examples, of too many freakin' people, period. Please, don't breed.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 29, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Mom of Three wrote:
<quoted text>
Being stopped is not unusual. We were stopped on the Fox River in Illinois for the same thing with the same result. Out in Newport Harbor, same thing.
We get stopped by NC fish and game, or whatever they call their DNR people, on lake Gaston on the Virginia and North Carolina borders every time we boat.

While they know their limitations as to what they can and can't do, such as not being able to board the boat without reasonable suspicion, the fact that a STOP occurs is actually kind of Orwellian in nature since the STOP constitutes a police detention.

I would rather the DNR check horns, life jackets and whatever required equipment at the dock when a person is already legally STOPPED at the docks when putting the boat in the water, rather than pulling over a boat that is in motion and on course for a destination on the lake.

Since we're always carrying decent equipment and extras and we keep the boat in good shape and alcohol out of sight and to a minimum with a designated boat driver who doesn't drink, we don't have anything to worry about. It's the poor, the stupid and the unlucky, that are the ones that get in trouble.
Mom of Three

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 29, 2010
 
Ingineer66 wrote:
Lime Saddle makes some good points. Courtesy goes a long way at the boat ramp. I have only been stopped once in my life and it was up at Lake Shasta. The sheriff counted life jackets and saw the fire extinguisher and sent us on our way.
I would literally give my right arm if someone had been out on Black Butte Lake on that April day in 1996 when my 19-year-old sister-in-law was killed at the hands of a drunk boater. The waste laid to this family by her death only multiplies as the years go on, it does not diminish. Go, water cops!
Lake Rat

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 30, 2010
 
Lime Saddle wrote:
Here are some more helpful knowlege for some of you boaters that do not have a clue.
1. Prepare your boat for launching up top where the sign says, not on the ramp. All persons getting in to the boat should also do it here. Otherwise, walk down the left side of the ramp to the marina, DO NOT LOAD PEOPLE IN TO THE BOAT ON THE RAMP.
2. Keep your kids and dogs off the ramp, other boaters can't see them.
3. When backing down, stay within the lines of your lane, do not jack knive trailor in the water. If you can't back up a trailor, you should not be doing it.
4. If you are one of those people that has to pull your boat over to the dock with a rope, wait for the far left hand lane to come open, so you are not blocking off the whole ramp, because you can't drive your boat off a trailor.
5. Don't park on the ramp, espeacally where people turn around to launch.
6. Once you back down in to the water, get to it and get out of there, way too much visiting which can be done on the water.
7. When parking in the lot, stay within the lines of your lane and make sure you pull up far enough so you are not blocking the through lanes.
8. Try to be considerate of others, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE.
9. Fisherman, keep your voices down at 5 am when you are going past the houseboats. People are sleeping, and know one cares what you did to your wife last night in your brag fest.
10. The entire marina is a NO WAKE ZONE!!! That means if you can see waves coming from the back of your boat, you are going too fast.
With the fouth of July coming and people flocking to the lakes, boaters should read the above post. Things would run good, if every boater followed these rules.

“Politically Incorrect”

Since: Jul 09

Chico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 30, 2010
 
Lake Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
With the fouth of July coming and people flocking to the lakes, boaters should read the above post. Things would run good, if every boater followed these rules.
How about stay home for the friggin' 4th of July & buck the trend? Why not go out the 7th of July when they'll be no drunk idiots & no idiotic cops to bug you?
Lake Rat

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 30, 2010
 
4thGenChico wrote:
<quoted text>
How about stay home for the friggin' 4th of July & buck the trend? Why not go out the 7th of July when they'll be no drunk idiots & no idiotic cops to bug you?
I wish I could on the 7th, but I work. Any more bright ideas Einstein????

“Politically Incorrect”

Since: Jul 09

Chico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 1, 2010
 
Lake Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could on the 7th, but I work. Any more bright ideas Einstein????
See if you can change your work schedule.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Lake Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could on the 7th, but I work. Any more bright ideas Einstein????
Just keep in mind that you have a right to refuse to submit to field sobriety tests and those Portable Breath Testers which are non-evidentiary. You also have a right to refuse to answer questions about alcohol consumption and to refuse to make written statements as well.
We love the lake

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jul 1, 2010
 
Lime Saddle wrote:
Here are some more helpful knowlege for some of you boaters that do not have a clue.
1. Prepare your boat for launching up top where the sign says, not on the ramp. All persons getting in to the boat should also do it here. Otherwise, walk down the left side of the ramp to the marina, DO NOT LOAD PEOPLE IN TO THE BOAT ON THE RAMP.
2. Keep your kids and dogs off the ramp, other boaters can't see them.
3. When backing down, stay within the lines of your lane, do not jack knive trailor in the water. If you can't back up a trailor, you should not be doing it.
4. If you are one of those people that has to pull your boat over to the dock with a rope, wait for the far left hand lane to come open, so you are not blocking off the whole ramp, because you can't drive your boat off a trailor.
5. Don't park on the ramp, espeacally where people turn around to launch.
6. Once you back down in to the water, get to it and get out of there, way too much visiting which can be done on the water.
7. When parking in the lot, stay within the lines of your lane and make sure you pull up far enough so you are not blocking the through lanes.
8. Try to be considerate of others, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE.
9. Fisherman, keep your voices down at 5 am when you are going past the houseboats. People are sleeping, and know one cares what you did to your wife last night in your brag fest.
10. The entire marina is a NO WAKE ZONE!!! That means if you can see waves coming from the back of your boat, you are going too fast.
You know, I saw yesterday at Lime Saddle a good example of what this post is talking about. There was a white duel tires chevy pick-up that launched a boat and just kept going. The pick-up was not only parked there for at least 30 minutes, but it was parked so it was actually blocking two lanes. It is too bad someone just did not go over to it and pull the parking brake. How inconsiderate of a jack-ass the owner of that truck was.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••