State readies drunken-boater crackdow...

State readies drunken-boater crackdown | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 1 comment on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 20, 2010, titled State readies drunken-boater crackdown | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In the second-annual Operation Dry Water - a national campaign - additional marine officers will be out next weekend to remind boaters that driving drunk on the water is no different from driving drunk on roads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Chaser

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 20, 2010
283 on suspicion of driving a boat while intoxicated seems like a lot of man hours (tax dollars) for so few people. The article says that %70 of boat fatalities were drug or alcohol related. But it doesn't tell you haw many. There are millions of people that boat every year less than 1/2 % are involved ina aserious accident. Of those fatalities most are from drowning while too intoxicated , operating a watercraft while intoxicated is very very low. I'm not saying if someone is tore up they should be driving a boat but it's not a problem they are making it out to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chinese New Year on a Yacht Feb '18 blwang 2
News Upgrade provides better access to lake (Aug '17) Aug '17 Water 1
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Who is James Jett? (Sep '08) May '17 anonymous 76
News GRDA Leaving Lake Levels Higher Through Labor D... (Sep '16) Feb '17 Lift 2
News Missing Woman's Family Seeks Answers, Launch Se... (Jul '10) Dec '16 King 112
News Boat repossession binge: Fort Lauderdale compan... (Apr '09) Aug '16 Steverino 69