Deadly boat accident, Richmond woman ...

Deadly boat accident, Richmond woman killed in deadly boating accid...

There are 124 comments on the WTVR story from Jul 6, 2010, titled Deadly boat accident, Richmond woman killed in deadly boating accid.... In it, WTVR reports that:

One person is dead and nine others had to be rescued after a boating accident in the Rappahannock River Monday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Jam

Chester, VA

#103 Jul 9, 2010
Fed Up wrote:
First of all, all fire fighters who have posted threatening comments should be ashamed of yourselves! We do what we do to help others because it is in our hearts, not to be glorified and think we are the ****, at least we should.
Most importantly, have respect for the families involved. This thread as well as all the other ones out there were not intended for us to bash anyone. They are intended for those who care to express their deepest sympathies for all that were involved. So learn some respect. I know its a foreign concept for most of you on here but try and if you can't refrain from commenting. How would you like it if something tragic happened to you and your family and all anyone could/would talk about was how stupid or reckless you were instead of remembering your loved one?!
Brady/Nixon family and all who were involved will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Someone is upset and wants to help themselves be glorified. Let's all pray.....
Concerned

Richmond, VA

#104 Jul 9, 2010
I have no connection with this situation at all, but got caught up in reading the comments. It is with sadness that I read where a lot of people have their thoughts and hearts. Something horrible happened. All the tongue bashing will not change that but can cause lasting bad feelings. Please put your energy in praying for those involved, the families, the healing and be thankful for the blessings of it not all being a worse situation. Also, pray for thankfulness and blessings for all those involved in the timely rescue. I don't remember reading anyone's praises for these brave, caring and giving people. May God forgive your anger and His blessings be with you all.
Kevin

Chester, VA

#105 Jul 9, 2010
concerned wrote:
i understand that not all the facts are in pertaining to the investigation. but one thing is known--there was drinking on that boat. now who was consuming alcohol is as of yet unclear. the thing that concerns me is that people like starfish don't seem to grasp that when alcohol comes into the picture it changes everything. this is clearly a situation where bad judgment was running rampant-too many people on the boat, travelling too fast and out late at night for river boating. if alcohol was a factor in mr. nixon's ability to drive the boat, that should be questioned not condoned. i have seen this time and time again, people don't realize what can happen when alcohol enters into the "fun" until it is too late. lives are shattered and people end up dying. my heart goes out to the brady and nixon family.
Yes concerned, I agree with your statement but why are firefighters threatening people. Claims of harassment and withholding help and care. Why do the HCFD play such silly and dangerous games. This whole situation has me very sad and concerned as well. We all need to pray for all involved.
people like this

Atlanta, GA

#106 Jul 9, 2010
Really... are you mad that the firetrucks cut you off?? Poor baby!! Maybe you ought to get the hell out of the way so they can get to their emergency.... hmmmm.... or maybe your one of those men that are jealous of firefighters... you got a bad job that makes your life suck?? Again, poor baby!! Get a life dude!!
Jam wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like a love child from the 60's....do you smoke pot? Please do not do that when you are on duty as a firefighter. Just continue to cut people off when you are driving.
Tracy

Warrenton, VA

#107 Jul 9, 2010
I dont understand how people can judge and comment of this situation in a negative way. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN.....Most of us have been in a position in our lives that could have turned out another way. We have no idea how that tragedy happened - but we do know that there are GOOD people that will live with this the rest of their lives.
Dont judge others - have compassion. Compassion for their loved ones, the fiance', the driver, the family and friends.
My heart is very heavy for all of them - and I dont want to log in to see trash from others that only get on the internet to judge. GET A LIFE and let others get on with theirs. These folks have a great support system and they dont need your petty comments to bring them down. Their healing will take a long time - and the strength they get will come from support and love, not being judged by people who have no idea what they are talking about.
God bless the Nixon and Brady families..Help them find strength to deal with this awful tragedy.
May God bless the loved ones still in the hospital.....
Radio

Chester, VA

#108 Jul 9, 2010
people like this wrote:
Really... are you mad that the firetrucks cut you off?? Poor baby!! Maybe you ought to get the hell out of the way so they can get to their emergency.... hmmmm.... or maybe your one of those men that are jealous of firefighters... you got a bad job that makes your life suck?? Again, poor baby!! Get a life dude!!
<quoted text>
You sound like a real gentleman!!
people like this

Atlanta, GA

#109 Jul 9, 2010
Or lady....
Radio wrote:
<quoted text>
Classmate

Dayton, OH

#110 Jul 9, 2010
Eh, everyone is missing the point. No one on here even knew the girl that was killed. Go back to staring at your computer screen or television, and forget this ever happened... too late, it already did happen. No point in coming back to this thread. Peace and I hope God blesses you all.
classylady

Chester, VA

#111 Jul 10, 2010
Radio wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I mean you sound like a low class broad! Some firemen abuse their power to harm others. Very Sad!!!!
Tracy

Warrenton, VA

#112 Jul 11, 2010
Amanda Brady's family is dealing with this tragedy and FORGIVING the driver. Let us be reminded that only God can judge and for those of you who do not know these families and have ugly things to say - just keep them to yourself. They have enough to deal with. Instead of taking the time to write ugly things, why dont you take the time to pray for their healing - and for the people that are still in the hospital.
Tracy

Chester, VA

#113 Jul 11, 2010
Tracy wrote:
I dont understand how people can judge and comment of this situation in a negative way. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN.....Most of us have been in a position in our lives that could have turned out another way. We have no idea how that tragedy happened - but we do know that there are GOOD people that will live with this the rest of their lives.
Dont judge others - have compassion. Compassion for their loved ones, the fiance', the driver, the family and friends.
My heart is very heavy for all of them - and I dont want to log in to see trash from others that only get on the internet to judge. GET A LIFE and let others get on with theirs. These folks have a great support system and they dont need your petty comments to bring them down. Their healing will take a long time - and the strength they get will come from support and love, not being judged by people who have no idea what they are talking about.
God bless the Nixon and Brady families..Help them find strength to deal with this awful tragedy.
May God bless the loved ones still in the hospital.....
Only my comments are from the Lord! The rest of you heathens can go to hell!!
Tracy

Chester, VA

#114 Jul 11, 2010
Tracy wrote:
Amanda Brady's family is dealing with this tragedy and FORGIVING the driver. Let us be reminded that only God can judge and for those of you who do not know these families and have ugly things to say - just keep them to yourself. They have enough to deal with. Instead of taking the time to write ugly things, why dont you take the time to pray for their healing - and for the people that are still in the hospital.
No other comments are welcome, only mine.
Tracy

Chester, VA

#115 Jul 11, 2010
I am the only one able to judge and I forgive him because he is a good fireman!
lisa

Richmond, VA

#116 Jul 12, 2010
I hear alot of sympathy going out to the families of those involved.
Has anyone thought of the little boy in the hospital fighting for his life? Have you thought about the fact that he loves and needs his dad so much?
I do. He is Very important to Zach..Imagine the guilt and pain he is gonna have in this struggle ahead to recovery and the pain that he will feel with his father not being there if heaven forbid Steve were to be charged for this.
No punishment they could ever give Steve will rectify the guilt and Pain that will live in his heart forever.
It is not us who should judge him.He is human, he is a husband, father, son, a brother, an uncle, and a friend..Steve is human..
Tracy

Warrenton, VA

#117 Jul 12, 2010
Lisa -I agree with you 100% - I have said that from the beginning. My prayers go out to all of them.
Rob

Virginia Beach, VA

#118 Jul 12, 2010
I continue to be haunted by this story having just met Steve and most of those involved in the accident only a week before when they towed me in after my boat broke down as we were heading to that channel marker to fish.

I have spent many summer weekends on that river. Very freak accident. The river is close to a mile and a half wide at that point and the channel marker is no more than 8 feet wide.

I just don't understand how it could happen. I am sure no one including Steve believe it could.
bob

Chester, VA

#119 Jul 12, 2010
lisa wrote:
I hear alot of sympathy going out to the families of those involved.
Has anyone thought of the little boy in the hospital fighting for his life? Have you thought about the fact that he loves and needs his dad so much?
I do. He is Very important to Zach..Imagine the guilt and pain he is gonna have in this struggle ahead to recovery and the pain that he will feel with his father not being there if heaven forbid Steve were to be charged for this.
No punishment they could ever give Steve will rectify the guilt and Pain that will live in his heart forever.
It is not us who should judge him.He is human, he is a husband, father, son, a brother, an uncle, and a friend..Steve is human..
Do you think the HCFD will stalk and harass him and his family for 5 years?? Well just ask Sgt. Greene(HCPD)!
Lisa

Richmond, VA

#120 Jul 12, 2010
What is that supposed to mean bob ?
KEE-3151

Chester, VA

#121 Jul 12, 2010
KEE-3151 has a big antennae and has been deputized by the HCFD/HCPD to patrol the roads. They cut me off and gave me and my daughters the finger.

Then an off duty fireman PF-----, stopped next to me and started picking his nose while staring at my kids. My daughter has a picture on her cell phone.
Lisa

Richmond, VA

#122 Jul 12, 2010
That is strange KEE_3151...What in the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Who is James Jett? (Sep '08) May '17 anonymous 76
News GRDA Leaving Lake Levels Higher Through Labor D... (Sep '16) Feb '17 Lift 2
News Missing Woman's Family Seeks Answers, Launch Se... (Jul '10) Dec '16 King 112
News Boat repossession binge: Fort Lauderdale compan... (Apr '09) Aug '16 Steverino 69
Diversity is White Genocide (Jul '16) Jul '16 6978hkrjh 1
News Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
More from around the web