Citizen voices concerns about Freeman...

Citizen voices concerns about Freeman Lake

There are 3 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 27, 2009, titled Citizen voices concerns about Freeman Lake. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Over the years there has been some type of controversy regarding boating and public access to Freeman Lake in North Chelmsford.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

funds

Windsor, CT

#1 Dec 27, 2009
They fired the administrators who administer this. Get the tax cash up.
years ago

Salem, MA

#2 Dec 27, 2009
Years ago i remember also putting my boat in at the dam...
Later on the lake residents mad such a stink that the dam road was blocked off so i had to park on the street at the Rte. 40 end.
The lake residents complained about that,so Marty(Marty's bait shop) would let some fisherman park on his property.

Seems many lake people were always complaining about something,or other.

I eventually said the hell with it and never bothered to go back.
Pretty sad.
Ted Nugent

Boston, MA

#3 Dec 30, 2009
Not sure but look into the state access laws. State law would superceed the town by-laws. I believe a lake of a certain size (Great Pond) must have public access. Usually with motor vechile restrictions in place it is due to the small size of the lake or pond. But come on, a row boat or canoe what's the harm in that?

Really stinks that a couple of bad seeds always ruin fun times for everyone else. If the towns,cities and state actually enforced the laws others wouldn't have to pay for there actions.

Good luck with the fight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is White Genocide Jul 16 6978hkrjh 1
News Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... Jun '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
News OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... May '16 PFD 1
News Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... May '16 SWAT practices there 1
News Hundreds gather for funeral of Putnam deputy wh... Apr '16 theobservers 1
News Get a life - jacket (Jul '10) Feb '16 Fart news 16
News Dolphin retrieves Miami Heat dancer's phone fro... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DILF 8
More from around the web