Confirmed: Perdock no longer employed with Sheriff's Office

On Thursday Lake County Sheriff/Coroner Rodney K. Mitchell officially confirmed that as of April 23, Russell Perdock is no longer employed by the Lake County Sheriff's Office. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VOTE RIVERO

Clearlake, CA

#23 May 14, 2010
observant wrote:
I have read through this and I am amazed how many ignorant people are out there. Russ' issue was not work related therefore, he was not retired. He had over twenty years of honorable service before this incident without any issues other than a drunkard wife. Russ is not of retirement age and he is not getting the big bucks.
There are some of us out here that realize that this was simply an tragic accident which became a political issue once the Sheriff and D.A. got in front of the tv cameras.
I wish the best for Russ and his family.
This isn't simply a tragic accident which became a political issue! It was the death of Lynn Thornton caused by the recklessness of Mr. Perdock then covered up by his GOB's! That's not a political issue it's a miscarriage of justice for Bismark Dinius, Lynn Thornton, and the citizens of this county! I hope Mr. Perdock is resting up because I have a feeling that the sh@t is about to hit the fan after Mitch Hell is voted out!

VOTE FOR RIVERO!
real facts

AOL

#24 May 14, 2010
We just watched the debate between Mitchell, Rivero and Baxter on the TV. There is a clear winner it is Mitchell. Rivero needs to take a chill pill, he's absolutely angry!
Baxter is a kindly old gentleman but responds without facts. At least Rivero and Mitchell had the wisdom to state they hadn't read the referenced law. Rivero was out of control.
These are the things we noted he focuses on,
1.) The Indians and their needs
2.) He gives a pass to the marijuana growers...saying he needs to focus on more important things.
3.) He tries to use the audience to rabble rouse, certainly not becoming a potenital Sheriff.
perhaps you can see the debate, it was held in the supervisor's chambers...or it appeared to be the supervisor chambers.
Good Riddance

San Jose, CA

#25 May 15, 2010
real facts wrote:
We just watched the debate between Mitchell, Rivero and Baxter on the TV. There is a clear winner it is Mitchell. Rivero needs to take a chill pill, he's absolutely angry!
Baxter is a kindly old gentleman but responds without facts. At least Rivero and Mitchell had the wisdom to state they hadn't read the referenced law. Rivero was out of control.
These are the things we noted he focuses on,
1.) The Indians and their needs
2.) He gives a pass to the marijuana growers...saying he needs to focus on more important things.
3.) He tries to use the audience to rabble rouse, certainly not becoming a potenital Sheriff.
perhaps you can see the debate, it was held in the supervisor's chambers...or it appeared to be the supervisor chambers.
Are you kidding me!! Baxter is the only sane one running. I give Rivero props for telling the truth and speaking out about the well documented problems at the LCSO. However give me a calm , cool headed person any day.
I can't wait to hear what comes out in the Dinius civil suit in FEDERAL COURT. There won't be any softball being played there. Mitchell knows this and is a desperate man trying to put the Genie back in the bottle. Every former LCSO employee that was ever wronged by King Rod and his inner court will be happy to tell their story. Lets face it, he can stand up and say everyone is lying but the volume of stories and evidence will bury him.
Sure is funny seeing how mad the perpetrators of misery cry when the truth comes back on them. Blinded by their egos they must of never seen it coming. Karma.Car pooling to Fed court for the show and tell, sounds good to me.
Local Corruption

San Francisco, CA

#26 May 15, 2010
Our local government is corrupt. Voting out the incumbents will send a message. Were not going to take it.

The big question is with the voters registers office and potential corruption regarding employees being legal citizens.

VOTE RIVERO VOTE ANDERSON They will know if they can't pull their weight they be gone too.
real facts

AOL

#27 May 15, 2010
I will give you that, Baxter has no axe to grind. We wouldn't be unhappy if Baxter got in, we would be VERY unhappy if RIVERO got in. That disposition and temper is unbecoming he's a lit wick. If you think Mitchell is scary...he's nothing compared to RIVERO. That man needs sensitivity training and or anger management.
Philip Murphy

Tracy, CA

#28 May 15, 2010
real facts wrote:
We just watched the debate between Mitchell, Rivero and Baxter on the TV. There is a clear winner it is Mitchell. Rivero needs to take a chill pill, he's absolutely angry!
Baxter is a kindly old gentleman but responds without facts. At least Rivero and Mitchell had the wisdom to state they hadn't read the referenced law. Rivero was out of control.
These are the things we noted he focuses on,
1.) The Indians and their needs
2.) He gives a pass to the marijuana growers...saying he needs to focus on more important things.
3.) He tries to use the audience to rabble rouse, certainly not becoming a potenital Sheriff.
perhaps you can see the debate, it was held in the supervisor's chambers...or it appeared to be the supervisor chambers.
how "becoming" was it when mitchell said all the local drug dealers wanted Rivero to win and they were funding his campaign? Talk about libelous and stupid, mitchell really lost it that night. Baxter is my choice, he has the experience and integrity to do the job, and isn't toting a ton of baggage.
smear

Fort Dodge, IA

#29 May 15, 2010
real facts wrote:
I will give you that, Baxter has no axe to grind. We wouldn't be unhappy if Baxter got in, we would be VERY unhappy if RIVERO got in. That disposition and temper is unbecoming he's a lit wick. If you think Mitchell is scary...he's nothing compared to RIVERO. That man needs sensitivity training and or anger management.
Not seeing the issues that you claim. What I've seen in Rivero is courage, integrity and true passion to want to bring the community together and transparency. Hearing false accusations from Mitchell in regards to Rivero supporters being "druggies" or "drug dealers" is simply offensive, biased, untrue. False and unfounded allegations from Rully after over a year (with two witnesses present) is unethical, especially because of her past history of false and unfounded allegations of Law Enforcement Officers in the past.
observant

Oakland, CA

#30 May 15, 2010
Rivero bringing a community together? All I've heard him do is call the Sheriff Deputies a bunch of corrupt racists. He is a nut that is cracking.
whitewolf

United States

#31 May 15, 2010
observant wrote:
Rivero bringing a community together? All I've heard him do is call the Sheriff Deputies a bunch of corrupt racists. He is a nut that is cracking.
Do you need your head examined, cracking are you kidding me Rivero has held his head high with all the ######he has had to deal with, this county is so corrupt and yes people are afraid of Mitchell the good old boys club. It is like a cult here i for one am completely appalled of what these lads have done to this county. Let's see how Perdock rolls over on his supposed friends once the federal suit-goes to trial. This will open the complete box of lies and corruption. How do you like it now Perdock your so called friends have stabbed you right in the back oh yea good buddies right! Oh by the way when Hopkins was on KPFZ yesterday may 14. 2010 he danced around the questions, and very rude new show tonight on the law show at 4;00 p.m. with all three, should be for some interesting listening.
Provocateur

United States

#32 May 15, 2010
observant wrote:
Rivero bringing a community together? All I've heard him do is call the Sheriff Deputies a bunch of corrupt racists. He is a nut that is cracking.
Semi observant of Rivero. A clean sweep always sounds good.
real facts

AOL

#33 May 15, 2010
We'll be watching and listening. I presume the 3 you mention are Hopkins, Anderson, and Rhoades.
We won't be unhappy if Baxter wins, we will most certainly be unhappy if Rivero and his uncontrolled temper get's in. If Rivero has a problem with what's been dealt to him, he should be able to speak without hostility. That's very telling. The most intelligent people use their brains, stay in control, speak with authority, they don't throw rocks and kick sand
Provocateur

United States

#34 May 15, 2010
Anyone but the "good old boys".
pot head

United States

#35 May 15, 2010
real facts wrote:
We'll be watching and listening. I presume the 3 you mention are Hopkins, Anderson, and Rhoades.
We won't be unhappy if Baxter wins, we will most certainly be unhappy if Rivero and his uncontrolled temper get's in. If Rivero has a problem with what's been dealt to him, he should be able to speak without hostility. That's very telling. The most intelligent people use their brains, stay in control, speak with authority, they don't throw rocks and kick sand
Who are these WE that you speak of? You seem to be the only Mitchell supporter here. Give us some real facts, Do you support Mitchell for fear of your job? Do you support Baxter because Baxter doesn't know the inter workings of the dept and you might slide by? Are you against Rivero because he possibly knows who you are????
Intelligence

Fort Dodge, IA

#36 May 15, 2010
real facts wrote:
We'll be watching and listening. I presume the 3 you mention are Hopkins, Anderson, and Rhoades.
We won't be unhappy if Baxter wins, we will most certainly be unhappy if Rivero and his uncontrolled temper get's in. If Rivero has a problem with what's been dealt to him, he should be able to speak without hostility. That's very telling. The most intelligent people use their brains, stay in control, speak with authority, they don't throw rocks and kick sand
"They don't throw rocks and kick sand"......Really? A mountain of rocks, a desert full of sand has been thrown at Rivero. Unfair. Remember: Skip Ringen said that when he was going to run for Sheriff, he was told by Mitchell "I'll DESTROY you !! Please explain why it's OK to THREATEN anyone who challenges the incumbent?
real facts

AOL

#37 May 15, 2010
It is not fair, you are absolutely correct.
I did not see that first hand so I'll believe what I actually see and hear. Rivero has a temper, I saw that on the TV and at the debate in Middletown. He has no business in a position where temper is questionable. I suggest each of you have Rivero in mind only to get Mitchell out...so perhaps Baxter is a good choice, I'll give you that. If you want to make a case in favor of Rivero, you need to suggest he garner his temper and his vendetta at least until after the election.
Live in Fear

Clearlake, CA

#38 May 15, 2010
Nothing will happen to Perdock. The reason is that the sailboat was being run by and individual with a above .08. Like it or not and I don't. The sailboat should have not been out there.
They don't want Perdock in jail. He knows just to much about what is going on in Lake County.
The best thing that you can do is vote come the next election.
Koalabear2525

Oakland, CA

#39 May 15, 2010
so how much was the pay off ? where is he at now ?
Koalabear2525

Oakland, CA

#40 May 15, 2010
hope he is not in the lake when I am
Think Again

San Jose, CA

#41 May 15, 2010
Live in Fear wrote:
Nothing will happen to Perdock. The reason is that the sailboat was being run by and individual with a above .08. Like it or not and I don't. The sailboat should have not been out there.
They don't want Perdock in jail. He knows just to much about what is going on in Lake County.
The best thing that you can do is vote come the next election.
I think a judge who has a real understanding of maritime law may disagree with you. A Federal judge is not like the retired County judge padding his retirement check in the first trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iowa man drowns in Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks (Jun '14) Nov '14 anonymous 8
Jury selection under way for Dinius trial (Jul '09) Oct '14 oldsealawyer 235
Dog Eats Nasty Toad, Gets 'Mouth-to-Snout' CPR Oct '14 Mitt s Santorum S... 1
Man drowns during boating accident Aug '14 Concerned 1
Man hurt in Lake Mahopac boating accident remai... (Jul '09) Aug '14 james hosford 11
Charged sailing coach taught in Hamilton (May '14) May '14 string him up 1
Uber brings water taxis to Muskoka for Victoria... (May '14) May '14 Eric 1
More from around the web