Confirmed: Perdock no longer employed...

Confirmed: Perdock no longer employed with Sheriff's Office

There are 39 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from May 13, 2010, titled Confirmed: Perdock no longer employed with Sheriff's Office. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

On Thursday Lake County Sheriff/Coroner Rodney K. Mitchell officially confirmed that as of April 23, Russell Perdock is no longer employed by the Lake County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Troy

Daly City, CA

#1 May 14, 2010
The old or other Perdock termination discussion on topix was posted to show how the people can use the Internet as a tool of our freedom to express our knowledge promptly and communicate on serious issues in Lake County.

I posted it.

VOTE RIVERO... ANDERSON so we can show our democracy at work...

Power to the people
Old sea lawyer

United States

#2 May 14, 2010
About time. Now tell us how much he was paid when he was uhder suspension. Mitchell and Hopkins have been very expensive.
curtis

United States

#3 May 14, 2010
i didnt have to pay anything..unemployed!!glad to see the old news like perdock only history...bring the next new scandal in.
Lakeman

United States

#4 May 14, 2010
Yeah!!! Perdock is gone. But don't think we see through your political move on this. Mitchell, if you think firing Perdock a few weeks before the election makes you look like you are cleaning house, think again. That ploy will not work with the people. The people are glad Perdock no longer has a badge but it is you Mitchell the people want to see go down. You had years to fire Perdock and finally did it after years of public outcry.
hot dog

Clearlake, CA

#5 May 14, 2010
Perdock was on Mitchell welfare program getting paid not to work, it took Mitchell over 11 months to fire Perdock. A total waste of our tax dollars. How many crimes did Perdock commit before being fired? Mitchell showed us once again, that he's no leader or decision maker. 11 month at Captain pay.
The truth

United States

#6 May 14, 2010
If we set aside for a moment, Everything associated with the Dinius case and all the trial information and every accusation of lying, and clear the slate. We can make this statement, above and beyond it all is Mitchell who ever Mitchell see's as a threat, he will find a way to get rid of them, if it is an accident that he can take advantage of he will. He will plan and scheme he will work his dirty deeds undercover of his position and he will get rid of anyone, I mean anyone seen as a threat to his position. Taking the boat accident and who was or was not at fault etc. out of the picture. What really is Mitchells motivation with the Perdock situation, I think all of us know the answer to that, Mitchell will take anyone out and take advantage of any situation that offers him the opportunity to clear people out of the way who may be a threat to his position. Always keep that in mind when you talk about alliances and who is friends with who. I say this as an SO from the inside, people are scared people will not talk till Mitchell is removed, when and if he looses the election, what will come out from behind the curtain will be hard to believe. This county better hope and pray that Mitchell loses this election it is the only way the real truth will come out.

Go to sheriffmitchellwatch.blogspot.com where the citizens speak the truth.
Good Riddance

Palo Alto, CA

#7 May 14, 2010
As a law abiding citizen who had to endure undue hardship because of a Perdock personal vendeta I say good riddance!
Hear's to hoping Perdock gets rung up big time in the upcoming Dinius civil suit. Further more I hope the trial shows enough to press criminal charges.
citizen

San Leandro, CA

#8 May 14, 2010
RIP Lynn Thornton
The switch

United States

#9 May 14, 2010
Perdock will testify against Mitchell big time, he will not get rung up as it is a civil suit, not criminal, however you can be sure that those that seem your enemy will turn on their former supporters in the blink of an eye, and Perdock is going to do the same to Mitchell. This is the way the days of our lives spin in Lake County, just like a soap opera. What I want to see is Mitchell and Hoppy up on the stand, that will be in federal court so will have to travel to SF, but it will be worth the ride, car pool anyone?
Marzocco

San Francisco, CA

#10 May 14, 2010
If Perdock was on "stress disability" he could not be fired until he was properly cleared by a physician to return to work. As long as he was on "disability" he could not be fired and he continued to be paid. That's based on state law and the MOU Memorandum of Understanding, the contract between the Sheriff personnel and the County. On top of that he might have also used all his sick leave, vacation, comp time, paid holidays if his retirement percentage was based on the last highest yearly pay.
Many years ago, when our city tried to fire our Chief of Police, he went on stress disability for almost a year and could not be terminated during that period.
Marzocco
Retired Police Sergeant
disgruntled

Waterloo, IA

#12 May 14, 2010
GODD RIDDANCE WITH THAT LIAR! AND THE COPS THAT FAILED PROCEDURE! THIS LAKE IS ONE OF THE MOST CORRUPT POLICE COUNTIES IN THE NATION! HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THE FEDERAL INVESTIGATION THAT IS TAKING PLACE? WORD IS THE PEOPLES VOICE IS BEING HEARD! CRIMES OF RAPE! STATUTORY RAPE, AND TO FIND OUT NO CHARGES ARE EVER FILED! ONE POLICE OFFICER IS SELLING MARIJUAQNA IN UKIAH FROM A DISPENSARY HE OWNS! THAT ARE TASK FORCE DOES NOTHING TO GO AFTER HIM! WHEN DO U NOT SEE OR READ A CRIME COMMITTED FROM THESE HOODLUMS! WE NEED CHANGE!THEY ARE IN BED TOGETHER AND THIS BULLSHIT! ARROGANTLY AROUND THE PRETTY GIRLS, WHEN MOST ARE MARRIED WITH KIDS! TALK TO COPS WIFE AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED OF THE ATROCITIES! I TALKED TO A WOMEN WHO HAS SAID SHE DROVE WITH A POLICE OFFICER DRINKING A SIX PACK WITH HER IN THE PATROL CAR, OFFICERS THAT WAS MARRIED!!!!!!
Fed Up

Lakeport, CA

#13 May 14, 2010
Rivero and Anderson VOTE people
was he fired

Lakeport, CA

#14 May 14, 2010
Interesting, but not enough information! Perdock is no longer employed, but is he receiving benefits from the county! The tax payers do have a right to know if Perdock is receiving payment for no longer being employed with the SO! The public has known for a long time that he was on leave. Was he fired? No longer employed? What is that? He either quit, or was fired! If he was fired I sure hope that we don't find out that our tax dollars are going towards some kind of benefits or compensation for this pillar of the SO!

VOTE FOR RIVERO!
Mountain Breeze

United States

#15 May 14, 2010
Don't feel too sorry for Perdock.........he's doing just fine with his CalPers safety pension. He's getting big bucks because it's calculated on this highest year year which would of course be Assistant Sheriff pay. It wouldn't surprise me if he also gets some of it tax free if and when he was or is off on medical workers' comp leave pay as well.
Marzocco

San Francisco, CA

#16 May 14, 2010
Mountain Breeze wrote:
Don't feel too sorry for Perdock.........he's doing just fine with his CalPers safety pension. He's getting big bucks because it's calculated on this highest year year which would of course be Assistant Sheriff pay. It wouldn't surprise me if he also gets some of it tax free if and when he was or is off on medical workers' comp leave pay as well.
If his pension is based on stress disability it will be tax free.
Perdock

Healdsburg, CA

#17 May 14, 2010
I'm set and you can't touch me.
observant

Mesa, AZ

#18 May 14, 2010
I have read through this and I am amazed how many ignorant people are out there. Russ' issue was not work related therefore, he was not retired. He had over twenty years of honorable service before this incident without any issues other than a drunkard wife. Russ is not of retirement age and he is not getting the big bucks.

There are some of us out here that realize that this was simply an tragic accident which became a political issue once the Sheriff and D.A. got in front of the tv cameras.

I wish the best for Russ and his family.
Mountain Breeze

United States

#19 May 14, 2010
Marzocco wrote:
<quoted text>
If his pension is based on stress disability it will be tax free.
I don't know how old he is so if he gets a full pension only 50% will be tax free.....if he goes out on a disability pension (50% of his salary) then yes, it will all be tax free. It depends on how old he is.....maybe that's why they kept him on so he could reach the magic number of 50 years old so he could get his safety pension of 2% at 50. We'll probably never know what type of pension he went out on since it's not public information.
Jeff

Waterloo, IA

#20 May 14, 2010
Mitchell will hire him back if he wins the election
pot head

United States

#22 May 14, 2010
observant wrote:
I have read through this and I am amazed how many ignorant people are out there. Russ' issue was not work related therefore, he was not retired. He had over twenty years of honorable service before this incident without any issues other than a drunkard wife. Russ is not of retirement age and he is not getting the big bucks.
There are some of us out here that realize that this was simply an tragic accident which became a political issue once the Sheriff and D.A. got in front of the tv cameras.
I wish the best for Russ and his family.
With Perdock it is always someone elses fault. Russ blamed a sailboat for getting in his way that night. Then Russ blamed the civil trial for causing his divorce. Now his "drunkard wife" spoiled his honorable service? Then the Sheriff and DA turned Him into a Political Issue? At anytime Russ Perdock could have stepped up and taken responsibility for his actions. But Russ Perdock still until this day won't accept responsibility for his actions. What part of that do you disagree with Russ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is White Genocide Jul 16 6978hkrjh 1
News Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... Jun '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
News OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... May '16 PFD 1
News Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... May '16 SWAT practices there 1
News Hundreds gather for funeral of Putnam deputy wh... Apr '16 theobservers 1
News Get a life - jacket (Jul '10) Feb '16 Fart news 16
News Dolphin retrieves Miami Heat dancer's phone fro... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DILF 8
More from around the web