Major injuries sustained in boat crash

Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

Lake County Sheriff's Department Marine Patrol is continuing its investigation of a boating accident that occurred Tuesday evening in the Glenhaven area.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
samiam

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 24, 2010
 
un-Americian wrote:
. Start out going NORTH on SCHULZ AVE toward AUSTIN DR/AUSTIN AVE. 0.1 mi Map | Avoid
2. Turn RIGHT onto AUSTIN AVE/AUSTIN DR. 0.0 mi Map | Avoid
3. Turn LEFT onto SYCAMORE ST. 0.2 mi Map | Avoid
4. Turn RIGHT onto OLYMPIC DR. 1.0 mi Map | Avoid
5. Turn LEFT onto CA-53. 3.5 mi Map | Avoid
6. Turn LEFT onto CA-20. 42.2 mi Map | Avoid
7. Merge onto US-101 S toward UKIAH. 6.6 mi Map | Avoid
8. Take the PERKINS ST/VICHY SPRINGS RD exit, EXIT 549, toward CENTRAL UKIAH. 0.2 mi Map | Avoid
9. Turn RIGHT onto E PERKINS ST. 0.5 mi Map | Avoid
10. Turn RIGHT onto N MAIN ST. 0.0 mi Map | Avoid
11. Welcome to UKIAH, CA.
LMAO

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 24, 2010
 
Brad, have never really laughed at funereal humor before? Are you always so serious?
Really, sometimes points of time in life are so full of emotion you must either cry or choose to laugh to get some relief!
It takes nothing away from the serious news or the hope things turn out OK for those involved.
As the humor isn't directed at the victims, for the most part, just the scenario they find themselves in.

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jul 24, 2010
 
un-Americian wrote:
. Start out going NORTH on SCHULZ AVE toward AUSTIN DR/AUSTIN AVE. 0.1 mi Map | Avoid
2. Turn RIGHT onto AUSTIN AVE/AUSTIN DR. 0.0 mi Map | Avoid
3. Turn LEFT onto SYCAMORE ST. 0.2 mi Map | Avoid
4. Turn RIGHT onto OLYMPIC DR. 1.0 mi Map | Avoid
5. Turn LEFT onto CA-53. 3.5 mi Map | Avoid
6. Turn LEFT onto CA-20. 42.2 mi Map | Avoid
7. Merge onto US-101 S toward UKIAH. 6.6 mi Map | Avoid
8. Take the PERKINS ST/VICHY SPRINGS RD exit, EXIT 549, toward CENTRAL UKIAH. 0.2 mi Map | Avoid
9. Turn RIGHT onto E PERKINS ST. 0.5 mi Map | Avoid
10. Turn RIGHT onto N MAIN ST. 0.0 mi Map | Avoid
11. Welcome to UKIAH, CA.
Gasp, gasp....You're killing me....stop, stop! my sides hurt too much!
(sigh) Thanks!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Nice,California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 24, 2010
 
Ditto..

“Used to be"Just Wondering"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 24, 2010
 
Sandra M wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp, gasp....You're killing me....stop, stop! my sides hurt too much!
(sigh) Thanks!!!!
It's Donnas fault for pointing out how their is another lane on the roads if you don't like it here, but what's not to like!

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 24, 2010
 
un-Americian wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Donnas fault for pointing out how their is another lane on the roads if you don't like it here, but what's not to like!
Yeah, Donna can be pithy and funny too, but, you pole-vaulted it way over the top!
My aching sides and still grinning face thanks you both for the best day so far!
Brad King - kville

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 24, 2010
 
Sandra M wrote:
Brad, have never really laughed at funereal humor before? Are you always so serious?
Really, sometimes points of time in life are so full of emotion you must either cry or choose to laugh to get some relief!
It takes nothing away from the serious news or the hope things turn out OK for those involved.
As the humor isn't directed at the victims, for the most part, just the scenario they find themselves in.
Hey I can laugh with the best of them, but the response was to one that questioned if this was the norm for this forum. Thus my reply. Most recently there was a head-on wreck on 53 by an apparent stroke victim and the peanut gallery piled on. This was a - if early reports are accurate - moments inattention resulting in major injuries to the pilot and hardly less serious injuries to a passenger, and the gallery leaps to their ill-informed or just plain callous-at-the-expense-of-the- victim (i'm so funny) conclusions.

Am I remiss in not finding some measure of humor - black or otherwise - in others misfortune? Heinlein's "Stranger In A Strange Land" is one of my all time favorite novels and claims humor is borne of misfortune, but the humor of someone pratfalling on slippery ice is not the same as near decapitation by a dock - by any measure I use. The term Medivac should maybe give you a clue this isn't humorous if you are the on that got injured. YMMV.
Witness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 25, 2010
 
I was a witness to the result of the accident. Your right, it is not funny. If you had seen the extent of injuries to the driver, whom by the way is still in a coma, and moving nothing more than a finger, you would not be commenting. Or if you had seen the ejected passenger trying to swim, and her concern for the driver, you would not be commenting. No matter how or why the accident happened, it did and it was serious. Instead, you should be commenting on how your community jumped in to help save lives before rescue arrived. Or you should be praising the Oaks, CDF and Sherriff Patrol for their efforts performed on scene.
I myself will not forget the terrible sounds and sights. We are all still trying to figure out how it all happened.
I'm a joker, but know when and where.
Just something to think about.

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 25, 2010
 
Brad King - kville wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I can laugh with the best of them, but the response was to one that questioned if this was the norm for this forum. Thus my reply. Most recently there was a head-on wreck on 53 by an apparent stroke victim and the peanut gallery piled on. This was a - if early reports are accurate - moments inattention resulting in major injuries to the pilot and hardly less serious injuries to a passenger, and the gallery leaps to their ill-informed or just plain callous-at-the-expense-of-the- victim (i'm so funny) conclusions.
Am I remiss in not finding some measure of humor - black or otherwise - in others misfortune? Heinlein's "Stranger In A Strange Land" is one of my all time favorite novels and claims humor is borne of misfortune, but the humor of someone pratfalling on slippery ice is not the same as near decapitation by a dock - by any measure I use. The term Medivac should maybe give you a clue this isn't humorous if you are the on that got injured. YMMV.
Good to know you can laugh! It's one of my favorite things to do!
I re-read to whom I found funny on this thread...it wasn't directed at the victim, only the circumstances/scenario.
You mistakenly believe I was laughing at the victim, the clue was in my first post to you.
I don't understand your shorthand...YMMV.
samiam

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 25, 2010
 
Witness wrote:
I was a witness to the result of the accident. Your right, it is not funny. If you had seen the extent of injuries to the driver, whom by the way is still in a coma, and moving nothing more than a finger, you would not be commenting. Or if you had seen the ejected passenger trying to swim, and her concern for the driver, you would not be commenting. No matter how or why the accident happened, it did and it was serious. Instead, you should be commenting on how your community jumped in to help save lives before rescue arrived. Or you should be praising the Oaks, CDF and Sherriff Patrol for their efforts performed on scene.
I myself will not forget the terrible sounds and sights. We are all still trying to figure out how it all happened.
I'm a joker, but know when and where.
Just something to think about.
Really? You were there? So did it look like he had been on his cell phone?
Anybody that takes any of this stuff seriously needs to take a break from Topix for a while.
Brad King - kville

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 25, 2010
 
It's webspeak shorthand - Your Mileage May Vary.

That classic claim that everything being said is true, except how it might apply to your experience.

There's a zillion of 'em. You know ... LOL, LMAO, etc.

FWIW - For What It's Worth...
I wasn't finger pointing, just basically agreeing with "newcomer".

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jul 25, 2010
 
Brad King - kville wrote:
It's webspeak shorthand - Your Mileage May Vary.
That classic claim that everything being said is true, except how it might apply to your experience.
There's a zillion of 'em. You know ... LOL, LMAO, etc.
FWIW - For What It's Worth...
I wasn't finger pointing, just basically agreeing with "newcomer".
Ahh, ok I'm still learning "webspeak." This is truly the first time I've seen that one.
Thanks!

Since: Jun 08

Clearlake, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 25, 2010
 
Hey, I Echo, echo, echo!!
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boating Discussions

Search the Boating Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
3 Injured In Catalina Boating Accident Feb '14 cdcypress 9
Man indicted in 2010 fatal Tybee Island boating... Oct '13 Concerned 1
State proposes boating regulation changes (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jewel 1
Marine Unit wrapping up another busy season (Oct '13) Oct '13 Bea 1
When out on the water, know the boating 'rules ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 MARC 1
Capital's Boat Club: The new hangout? (Aug '13) Aug '13 Lance Tankman 1
Worries abound as water levels dip to historic ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Nature 1
•••
•••
•••