Haywood men hospitalized after boating accident

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Two Haywood County men are in the hospital today after the Jet Ski they were riding collided with a boat on Lake Chatuge.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Candy Smith

Newton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

These are some facts that the news paper did not state. Brad Smith the spotter was knocked unconcious on impact and his brother Bart the driver keep his head above water until Candy Smith,Wife of driver and Carlin Smith, wife of spotter got there approximately 3 or 4 minutes later. We demanded the boaters to help us and all they did was through us a life jacket and didn't get in the water to help. Shortly after other boats helped bring them ashore. Thank you to all the people that helped us. Chris Smith the skier, 12 year old son of driver, had not gotten up on his ski when the impact occured. A neighbor stated to his wife that "if that boat does not turn it is gonna hit the seado" he also said in his evaluation the boat had plenty of time to get out of the way. The area where the accident took place was atleast 300 yards wide plenty of room to move out the seados way. As of July 3rd 12:00pm Brad is doing well and is in good spirits and Bart is still in critical condition and our family will appreciate you thinking of them in your prayers. Candy Smith & Chris Smith
Justin Smith

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

and bart smith is alive and well today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••