Officers Patrol Waterways During Busy Holiday Weekend | WBNS-10TV, ...

Full story: 10TV WBNS 14
Water patrols were tripled over the long holiday weekend at Alum Creek State Park to help keep boaters and visitors safe. Full Story
seriously

Girard, OH

#1 Jul 5, 2010
if you refuse you automaticly lose your license for one year. wow. abusive
mike

Hilliard, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2010
if you refuse then obviously you have been drinking, therefore you should lose your license for a year...right?
JDD

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2010
11 stupid people that didn't take the police seriously.!!!!!
Buckeye_Love

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 6, 2010
Love Alum Creek Police. They gave me a speeding ticket for driving 20 MPH. Apparently I did not see the 10 MPH signs. I was like man, in Driver's Ed. classes the lowest enforced speed limit we learned about was 20 MPH it is called a school zone. Anyway, he was not impressed with my defense and I had to pay $110.00 I thought that was pretty steep, hell, I drive a mini van, not a hot rod, and I think the idle speed is just over 10 MPH. Needless to say, I don't go back their it is way to OVER POLICED. To quote N.W.A. " F the police "
bosco

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 6, 2010
revenue enhancement!
Avid Boater

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 6, 2010
Undercover with binoculars pretending to be fishing with kids swimming less than ten feet away. How over the top is this? Have these so called cops go cut some grass in the park and earn their pay.
interesting

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 6, 2010
Well on the other extreme there was NEVER any type of patrol officers on the water at Griggs Reservoir this weekend. There use to always be patrol on the water keeping things in check but now it's out of control. Apparently the two new river patrol officer don't like being on boats so they just don't go out. There were boats anchored all over the river with people swimming with floating devices as well as people tubing...both of which are not allowed on the scioto on any of the reservoirs because it's too narrow and dangerous. Those of us who know the river rules and boat there regularly use to be able to call river patrol when there was an issue...now we just have to deal with idoits and wait for soemthing bad to happen and then they'll start caring...just like Alum Creek.
WILEY

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 6, 2010
If they would patrol for idiots they would be able to take the rest of the year off. Way too many people on the lake who have no clue. Book em Danno.
Megan

Grove City, OH

#11 Jul 6, 2010
Buckeye_Love wrote:
Love Alum Creek Police. They gave me a speeding ticket for driving 20 MPH. Apparently I did not see the 10 MPH signs. I was like man, in Driver's Ed. classes the lowest enforced speed limit we learned about was 20 MPH it is called a school zone. Anyway, he was not impressed with my defense and I had to pay $110.00 I thought that was pretty steep, hell, I drive a mini van, not a hot rod, and I think the idle speed is just over 10 MPH. Needless to say, I don't go back their it is way to OVER POLICED. To quote N.W.A. " F the police "
Was Drivers Ed the only class you took in school since you obviously didn't take english? People don't know how to use the words there,their and they're.
CJB43302

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Avid Boater wrote:
Undercover with binoculars pretending to be fishing with kids swimming less than ten feet away. How over the top is this? Have these so called cops go cut some grass in the park and earn their pay.
I'm sure that if you were spending today in the hospital with your kids because they got ran over by a drunk boater you would be singing a different tune! Everybody hates them when they are doing their job but when your the one who needs help, you bitch when they aren't there soon enough. Your probably the same person who would bitch because you got a speeding ticket then 5 miles down the road get in an accident and thank them for saving your life! GET OVER IT! Until the idiots get smarter your gonna see more police on the road and the water saving YOUR life! If you don't like it stay home!
Bob

Grove City, OH

#13 Jul 6, 2010
CJB43302 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that if you were spending today in the hospital with your kids because they got ran over by a drunk boater you would be singing a different tune! Everybody hates them when they are doing their job but when your the one who needs help, you **** when they aren't there soon enough. Your probably the same person who would **** because you got a speeding ticket then 5 miles down the road get in an accident and thank them for saving your life! GET OVER IT! Until the idiots get smarter your gonna see more police on the road and the water saving YOUR life! If you don't like it stay home!
Very well said. If that didn't put the whiners in their place then nothing will. I hate to hear people whine when others are doing something to better a situation. Stay home whiners!!!!!
maria

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 6, 2010
I take my hat off to ODNR WELL DONE.
THANK YOU
seriously

Girard, OH

#15 Jul 7, 2010
mike wrote:
if you refuse then obviously you have been drinking, therefore you should lose your license for a year...right?
Possibly, or you just dont want to be searched. It is in the constitution you know. I dont sidagree with losing your licence for a year or forever if you are drinking. My only problem is that you lose it for simply not submitting to the test
Terrible Job ODNR

Reynoldsburg, OH

#16 Jul 7, 2010
Our family was out there all weekend, I thought they did a terrible job. I saw all kinds of stuff people were doing wrong. I saw people tubing under the bridge, they were in a no wake zone and speeding never once slowed down.

I only seen ODNR in coves giving people tickets, they were just sitting there swimming with there families.

I didn't see them to much in the open water where the crazy people were.

Steps it up ODNR. Make alum creek safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iowa man drowns in Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks (Jun '14) Nov 24 anonymous 8
Jury selection under way for Dinius trial (Jul '09) Oct '14 oldsealawyer 235
Dog Eats Nasty Toad, Gets 'Mouth-to-Snout' CPR Oct '14 Mitt s Santorum S... 1
Man drowns during boating accident Aug '14 Concerned 1
Man hurt in Lake Mahopac boating accident remai... (Jul '09) Aug '14 james hosford 11
Charged sailing coach taught in Hamilton (May '14) May '14 string him up 1
Uber brings water taxis to Muskoka for Victoria... (May '14) May '14 Eric 1
More from around the web