Deadly Boating Accident on Pickwick Lake

Deadly Boating Accident on Pickwick Lake

There are 23 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Oct 15, 2010, titled Deadly Boating Accident on Pickwick Lake. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

A WHNT NEWS 19 crew is headed to the scene of a deadly boating accident on Pickwick Lake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Starkville, MS

#26 Oct 21, 2010
Martha wrote:
These speeding bass fishermen should be strung up by their heels and horse-whipped into intelligent beings.
Why in the hell do you think it was a bassboat. This is the first time I've been to this forum and I see its full of idiots!!! The ski/pleasure boaters are the one that cause most of the trouble on the water. Most of your bassboat drivers are highly skilled and are careful to watch what is going on in front of them and around them because they do run so fast. Any dumbass can get in a ski boat and weave back and forth across the river trying to throw someone off of an innertube while looking out of the back of the boat. I spend alot of time on the water and on Pickwick and can tell you that the ski boats and bigger boats are alot bigger problem than the bassboats. Most of you people probably hsavent even been in a boat before.

Starkville, MS

#27 Oct 21, 2010
Bright Eyes wrote:
I got it, too! Pray to the baby Jesus for the sores to heal. Amen!
Someone needs to pistol whip you!!!!

Portland, TN

#28 Oct 26, 2010
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, looks like you are trying to set up a scenario that justifies the one boat running over another. Cat and crappie are not in the shallows like bass so they had a right to be in the channel just like juggers,trotliners, and netters. The "bassin' bubbas" seem to get brain dead when they fire up these overpowered water rockets. They leave all caution on the dock and fly away at breakneck speeds threatening anyone or anything that gets in their way especially at bridges where they refuse to wait their turn in line to go under. If the fishing clubs and associations can't do more for keeping the public safe from these irresponsible operators, then it will be up to the states to step in and do more towards horsepower to length regulation. Prayers to the family.
I think you misunderstood my intent on this. We would not stop, or shouldn't anyway, in the middle of the Interstate to sightsee. The channel in a body of water is for navigation. Way too many accidents happen when someone either anchors in or stops in the channel of the waterway to do whatever they want to do. We pull off the side of the road when we are on the Interstate, why not pull to the side of the channel when we are fishing. What would have happened if a barge tow had come around the bend and that boat in the middle of the channel could not get started? You can't stop a boat on a dime. Your argument over the fish not being in the shallow water is weak. What is more important, a pan of fish or the lives of those onboard a boat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GRDA Leaving Lake Levels Higher Through Labor D... Sep 26 A L Nusser 1
News Boat repossession binge: Fort Lauderdale compan... (Apr '09) Aug '16 Steverino 69
Diversity is White Genocide Jul '16 6978hkrjh 1
News Well-known Knoxville attorney arrested for boat... Jun '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
News OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... May '16 PFD 1
News Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... May '16 SWAT practices there 1
News Hundreds gather for funeral of Putnam deputy wh... (Apr '16) Apr '16 theobservers 1
More from around the web