Alligator attack: Antonio Prado, 47, ...

Alligator attack: Antonio Prado, 47, was bitten and dragged und...

There are 51 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 26, 2009, titled Alligator attack: Antonio Prado, 47, was bitten and dragged und.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

An Okeechobee County man is recovering from an ordeal during which he was bitten and dragged under water by an alligator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big Bubba

Loxahatchee, FL

#44 May 26, 2009
Why is it always the relative of the injured morons that come on being militant about their family member's stupidity?

Does anyone ever go, "Gee, I hope next time, <insert name here> gets his head out of his azz and doesn't get hurt."
Concerned Redneck

Stuart, FL

#45 May 27, 2009
Big Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The gator was just doing what gators do, and doing it where gators do it. It's not like he crawled into someone's yard, in which case one could make an argument (unless your yard is IN the 'glades as some are) for gator removal.
How about "trapping and removing" the people encroaching on the gator's space? Or at least give the gator a permit to take a few people per year.
Know how I avoid being gator bait? By not hanging out where they live! Poor gator.
On the news last night they said they think they found and removed the nuisance gator. I do believe the gator was there first.
Sounds like they should have removed the nuisance third world fisherman!

ROOT CAUSE: Third world fisherman with casting net!
stu

Glenview, IL

#46 May 27, 2009
Prado wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he followed the fishing size and all the regulations. You jerks don't know anything and like to run your mouths.
Thats what we do best. Hey wet// back, to the gators YOU are the nuisance animal, ever think of that pepe?
word_up

Charlotte, NC

#47 May 27, 2009
This guy deserved the attack. You see a gator go under you better get out. Now a gator has to die for an ignorant human.
Audrey

Casselberry, FL

#48 May 27, 2009
stu wrote:
fishing is all fun and games until ur the catch, LOL. Im smiling right now thinking about this dumb ****. It reminds me of this video I saw of this guy deep sea fishing for marlin or something. He had one of those 30 foot poles secured to some gizmo on his chest for leverage. Anyways he must have hooked a Marlin that had been hitting the gym or something cause the fish pulled him off the boat and into the water. Luckily his friends rescued him. Man the look on this guy's face was like he just got his **** whooped....it was friggan priceless. You know he was thinking: " I am never going to live this down, these guys are never gonna let me forget the day a fish pulled my panzy **** off the boat and into the water, I should just kill myself" I;'m telling you I watched that video 30 times, hilarious
Where can I find the video?
Cinda

Eustis, FL

#49 May 27, 2009
Liked the part about his son after serving in Iraq rescued his father from the alligator. That was the best part. Somehow I have far more respect for this hispanic man and his son that went to war for our country.

Grew up in Florida, swam in lakes with alligators they never were a problem and you never heard about attacks. It is way different now, I would not be in a lake where I know alligators are, especially big ones. There are way too many and they are way too aggressive these days.

I am always annoyed by the racial commentary that pops up...you would hope that his father raised his son to serve this country with honor and respect, no matter what happened on that day.
Your Mom

New York, NY

#50 May 27, 2009
The guy is a douche bag and I guarantee that he was not observing limit/size laws.

Too bad the gator did not succeed.
Disgusted

San Antonio, TX

#51 May 27, 2009
DCS wrote:
There was no mention if he was cited for using a cast net in fresh water.
DCS, it is LEGAL to use a casting net in fresh water in Florida if you have a fishing license! Get the facts before opening your mouth and showing how dumb you are.
Child Activist

Mount Savage, MD

#52 May 27, 2009
Dang, too bad. Gators make such tasty
eatin! When my Pappy lived in Jacksonville, it was commonplace to see gators in your backyard.

There was a time,(not sure of this today) when gators had a natural fear of man. In my youth, we visited Ichetucknee Springs, and swan and jumped from the ropes in the blue holes. Did the river raft w/o paddles
current swift, signs posted everywhere DONOT FEED THE GATORS!

When in Florida, where there is water
there are GATORS!
Barack

Miami, FL

#53 May 28, 2009
Cast-nets are not a permitted style of fishing on Lake Okeechobee. The alligator was simply enforcing the law in nature's courtroom.
Miami

Brentwood, TN

#54 Jun 9, 2009
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No they like white meat !
I can't IMAGINE why????? uggghhhh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outdoor Recreation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump: Hillary Should Give Up Her Armed Security May 22 Three Days 1
News OPP Marine Units To Hit The Water In Support Of... May 21 PFD 1
News Halton Police Marine Unit will be out on the wa... May 21 SWAT practices there 1
News When weird things happen, Olympians rely on men... May 20 Prosperity Fundie... 2
News New Mexico seeks to stop feds from releasing wo... May 19 OK Gomer 20
News Annual controlled deer hunt to begin next week (Oct '08) May 19 mistake this yr a... 4
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) May 8 FormerParatrooper 114,454
More from around the web