Bloomington teen hurt in hunting acci...

Bloomington teen hurt in hunting accident

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 7, 2010, titled Bloomington teen hurt in hunting accident. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Bloomington teenager was injured in a hunting accident in Big Stone County of western Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Point It Away

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 7, 2010
Hope the kid pulls through, I would hate to be in the father's shoe right now after almost accidentally killing your own son. The wife will probably win out next hunting season.

This is as scary as the first time you let them go alone in a car and drive on the road, but that is why they have driver safety courses along with huniting safety courses.
Point ONLY at a target

Long Lake, MN

#2 Nov 7, 2010
Your right!

Years ago a teen near the Nemaji State Forest was loading a 3030 and the hammer slipped off the thumb and he shot a Dodge Colt right through the windshield, dashboard, steering wheel and out the driver window, lucky it didn't hit anyone.

School teachers kid, figgers don't it?
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Nov 7, 2010
What is the first rule of gun safety? Good grief.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#5 Nov 7, 2010
you'll shoot yuor eye out
Clueless

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 7, 2010
How is it that you are pointing the thing in the general direction of another person?
Mr budsluglight

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 7, 2010
Hey officer the little durtsab is lazy i did not have a failure to communicate.
Mikey

La Grange, IL

#9 Nov 7, 2010
"...when the gun accidentally discharged. "

Guns do not accidentally discharge.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#10 Nov 8, 2010
Point ONLY at a target wrote:
Your right!
Years ago a teen near the Nemaji State Forest was loading a 3030 and the hammer slipped off the thumb and he shot a Dodge Colt right through the windshield, dashboard, steering wheel and out the driver window, lucky it didn't hit anyone.
Figgers? What would you know about schooling?

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#11 Nov 8, 2010
Point ONLY at a target wrote:
Your right!
did he have it mounted?

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 8, 2010
Put the safety on people!!!! It seems that all hunting accidents are because hunters shoot at things before they are sure what it is (hear a noise shoot at it) or because they do not have the safety on. Really - deer are not that fast, this is not speed shooting!! Keep your f'n safety on and don't shoot until you are sure it is a deer!!!
Zingbopper

Osceola, WI

#13 Nov 8, 2010
City slickers in the country with gun's?
Probably uses it once a year, Babe Winkleman wanna-be.
Stay in the cities and play a hunting game on x-box it's much safer for you Rambo types.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#14 Nov 8, 2010
Zingbopper wrote:
Stay in the cities and play a hunting game on x-box it's much safer for you Rambo types.
Jerryperson, what were you arrested for?
Danno

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 8, 2010
Zingbopper wrote:
What does the geographic location of one's residence have to do with this? X-box stinks for hunting games.
Buck Snort

Cottage Grove, MN

#16 Nov 8, 2010
Mark wrote:
What is the first rule of gun safety? Good grief.
Try not to shoot,,,, any family members???

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#17 Nov 8, 2010
Nicki D wrote:
Put the safety on people!!!! It seems that all hunting accidents are because hunters shoot at things before they are sure what it is (hear a noise shoot at it) or because they do not have the safety on. Really - deer are not that fast, this is not speed shooting!! Keep your f'n safety on and don't shoot until you are sure it is a deer!!!
Not all guns have a safety.

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Nov 8, 2010
sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all guns have a safety.
What kind of gun are you using to hunt with??? Revolvers do not have safeties - but I find it very hard to believe that you are using a hand revolver to hunt with. Some semi-automatics do not have safeties either but come it is bambi we are talking about that can be downed with an arrow - a semi-automatic is a little over kill!!

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Twin Cities

#19 Nov 8, 2010
Nicki D wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of gun are you using to hunt with??? Revolvers do not have safeties - but I find it very hard to believe that you are using a hand revolver to hunt with. Some semi-automatics do not have safeties either but come it is bambi we are talking about that can be downed with an arrow - a semi-automatic is a little over kill!!
Mosin-Nagant M44 carbine. Bolt action, very powerful, very accurate. No safety to speak of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M44_Mosin.J...

In what way is a semi-auto overkill? Semi-auto only refers to the mechanics of the firearm, not the caliber of the round it uses.

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 8, 2010
sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Mosin-Nagant M44 carbine. Bolt action, very powerful, very accurate. No safety to speak of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M44_Mosin.J...
In what way is a semi-auto overkill? Semi-auto only refers to the mechanics of the firearm, not the caliber of the round it uses.
Like I said an arrow can take down a deer - if you are a good sportsman you do not need to fire more than one round! Hence you would not need a M44 - just saying...overkill! Why would you want a firearm that had no safety especially for hunting - unless you want to kill people, that's all I'm saying be safe not stupid!

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#21 Nov 8, 2010
Nicki D wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said an arrow can take down a deer - if you are a good sportsman you do not need to fire more than one round! Hence you would not need a M44 - just saying...overkill! Why would you want a firearm that had no safety especially for hunting - unless you want to kill people, that's all I'm saying be safe not stupid!
I will tell you why: its because they are the NRA and they vote. you going to have to pry that M44 from his dead hands.Ted Kennedy's car killed more peole then his gun and dammit he will remind you. we have all the winfg nuts rhetoric for year.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Twin Cities

#22 Nov 8, 2010
Nicki D wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said an arrow can take down a deer - if you are a good sportsman you do not need to fire more than one round! Hence you would not need a M44 - just saying...overkill! Why would you want a firearm that had no safety especially for hunting - unless you want to kill people, that's all I'm saying be safe not stupid!
What makes a 30 caliber rifle overkill? You do realize the point is to shoot the deer and have it drop right where it is, right? The other option is for it to run away and bleed to death in the woods. Do you think an arrow is somehow more humane? Perhaps you could explain.
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you why: its because they are the NRA and they vote. you going to have to pry that M44 from his dead hands.Ted Kennedy's car killed more peole then his gun and dammit he will remind you. we have all the winfg nuts rhetoric for year.
Actually it was made in 1944 for the Red army and it might have killed a few Nazi's ;) No joke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outdoor Recreation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drunk woman bites man's fishing line while swim... Aug 19 Gov Corbutt of th... 3
News NRA Spokeswoman Loesch Calls on Dem to Resign A... Aug 13 Get Out 1
News You can buy these 25 bizarre things at the fair Aug 12 Larry Craig s WC ... 3
News 10 super weird college majors you've never hear... Aug 12 Xstain Mullahs 3
News Questions raised about border wall Aug 7 United Farts 7
News With genetic morph, a weird type of anthrax has... Aug 5 Evilgelicalling 2
News Upgrade provides better access to lake Aug 4 Water 1
More from around the web