Charley Walters: For Pohlads, Minneso...

Charley Walters: For Pohlads, Minnesota Twins ownership is a family affair

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 12, 2011, titled Charley Walters: For Pohlads, Minnesota Twins ownership is a family affair. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A second generation of Pohlads succeeded father Carl in ownership of the Minnesota Twins, and with the stability provided by Target Field, a third generation of Pohlads could operate the franchise someday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bad News Brown

Maple Plain, MN

#21 Feb 14, 2011
Don't be surprised if it's announced country star Tim McGraw will perform at the Xcel Energy Center in mid-May

Thanks Charley, I wanted to be suprised.
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Feb 14, 2011
andy g wrote:
Hey, I recognize the McKinnie crap...whats up with this? Your dog eat your homework?
-advise to Seantrelle...run as fast as you can the other way...
-Morneau and Nathan...ok, two new players...how durable oare they?
-Slama??? Don't we have enough soft tossers who cannot break a piece of china with their heater?
-Edwards in boxing? Try contain a moving QB to the outside first...you will have to master that before boxing anyway don't you think? Remember Ray, in boxing you actually have to hit somebody....
-Those trees can be transferred to Miami and given as a gift to the McKinnie Resting Fat Guy Foundation as a shady spot to have his lunch after a rigorous session of teaching Henderson how to be worthless...
-The same Ohio State WBB team that has imploded with 5 returning starters and have had to get counselling after the beat down by UConns collection of Amazons? That OSU team...in freefall in the BigTen???? A better article would be what happened to the Buckeye Dynasty don't you think?
Well there you go Charley, don't ever say we don't have your back bro'
...and that Meat Market guy..ask him if he has a spot open for Ray Edwards if the boxing thing doesn't go well....
Maybe a spot for underachieving hurler/writers too eh?
I remember when I had my first beer.
HOLDONAMINUTE

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Feb 14, 2011
McHale will trade Griffin to the East and throw in a few first rounds picks.
A Vkings fan

Stillwater, MN

#24 Feb 14, 2011
"Joe Pohlad, a son of Jim Pohlad's brother Bob, has been an eager learner in the Twins' operation, colleagues say, has a passion for the business and would be a great fit."

Um... yeah.. about that...

How many "colleagues" (read: Twins' employees who are well aware of which family OWNS the organization upon which they depend for their livelihood) did you expect to offer an opinon that ANY Pohlad would NOT be "a great fit" for the Twins?
Davey Jones

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Feb 16, 2011
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when I had my first beer.
Ive gotta take a sorb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Winter Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Troop hopes Pan Am Games leave a legacy (Nov '13) 20 hr Fart news 92
News Volunteers suffering from - post-Olympic syndrome' (Mar '10) Jul 12 Fart news 7
News Putin keeps pope waiting 1 hour Jun '15 VodkaFarts 3
News Kean rink building confidence, chemistry at Tan... Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Ottawa police to face off against Sens' Bobby R... Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News 1980 US Olympic hockey team reunites in Lake Pl... Feb '15 Doodley 1
News US figure skating darling makes racist tweet, a... (Nov '13) Feb '15 Fran 23
More from around the web