Vikings sign CFL receiver Emmanuel Ar...

Vikings sign CFL receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux to a reported three-year deal

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Vikings sign CFL receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux to a reported three-year deal. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings have signed Canadian Football League receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux of the B.C. Lions to a reserve/futures contract, The Sports Network of Canada reported and Arceneaux wrote on his Twitter page.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
andy g

United States

#21 Jan 23, 2011
PurpleHaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...man oh man...over throwing is an understatement...looking at some of the throws...it's a wonder he kept it in the stadium. funny thing...when he was taken out with that "LEG" injury; i was thinking about the old man...love him or hate him...can you see him not playing the rest of that game?...geez the freakin guy would have played on crutches! i guess McDaniels knew something after all...Hanie didn't look too bad, given what he was faced with...one other thing i can't figure out...if Hanie is a mobile QB...why didn't Martz roll him out on some plays...especially in the last minute, with 3rd and 2 or something...i think he should have had a play action call there...might have helped...now i have to read all about how great TT and MM is and how Sharon is the second coming...geez will this freakin season ever end?...GO VIKES!!!
Hanie probably didn't get a sniff of a snap with the number ones for 8 weeks...still came in an did a servicable job though that is the first time I have ever seen a nose tackle (Raji) playing inside technique with a nice trail technique....at 340 lbs!!...I hope the Vikes D Backs were paying attention!

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#22 Jan 23, 2011
PurpleHaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...man oh man...over throwing is an understatement...looking at some of the throws...it's a wonder he kept it in the stadium. funny thing...when he was taken out with that "LEG" injury; i was thinking about the old man...love him or hate him...can you see him not playing the rest of that game?...geez the freakin guy would have played on crutches! i guess McDaniels knew something after all...Hanie didn't look too bad, given what he was faced with...one other thing i can't figure out...if Hanie is a mobile QB...why didn't Martz roll him out on some plays...especially in the last minute, with 3rd and 2 or something...i think he should have had a play action call there...might have helped...now i have to read all about how great TT and MM is and how Sharon is the second coming...geez will this freakin season ever end?...GO VIKES!!!
I think Martz was pretty overwhelmed. Some very vanilla playcalling throughout, he couldn't have foresaw the third stringer coming in to boot.

Agree about the old man. NO WAY would he have come out of that game. Be interesting to find out the degree of Cutlers injury, I'm betting it's minor.

Take heart, the Pack offense didn't look very special through most of the game, I think ShAaron got his bell rung there. If Chicago hadn't been so inept, GB's defense could have been scored on. It's looking like (I hope) the Steelers will be in the SB. A good, tough, capable QB, and a very good defense. Should be more than a match for the curds.

Batten down the hatches, here come the trolls.

24-0 Steelers now.... Sanchez looks hurt.
Common Sense

Shakopee, MN

#23 Jan 23, 2011
This is in case there is a lock-out. The direction the Vikes are going a lock-out might not be a bad thing.
green gay fagers

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jan 23, 2011
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Martz was pretty overwhelmed. Some very vanilla playcalling throughout, he couldn't have foresaw the third stringer coming in to boot.
Agree about the old man. NO WAY would he have come out of that game. Be interesting to find out the degree of Cutlers injury, I'm betting it's minor.
Take heart, the Pack offense didn't look very special through most of the game, I think ShAaron got his bell rung there. If Chicago hadn't been so inept, GB's defense could have been scored on. It's looking like (I hope) the Steelers will be in the SB. A good, tough, capable QB, and a very good defense. Should be more than a match for the curds.
The steelers are going to beat the pack in the super-bowl.

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#25 Jan 23, 2011
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
Hanie probably didn't get a sniff of a snap with the number ones for 8 weeks...still came in an did a servicable job though that is the first time I have ever seen a nose tackle (Raji) playing inside technique with a nice trail technique....at 340 lbs!!...I hope the Vikes D Backs were paying attention!
...i wonder if our guys were paying attention...that may have been as much an accident as design, for Raji...but it worked...it is too bad Hanie didn't have a bit of work...he did more than a serviceable job...i wonder if the Teddies are thinking about keeping him and getting rid of Cutlet...what ever they do...i think they have a keeper in Hanie...GO VIKES!!!

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#26 Jan 23, 2011
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
...now that you mention it...i thought something looked familiar about the Teddies play calling...Klink's KAO...you got your wish Eric...although the Jets did make a game of it near the end...Tomlin...2 trips to the dance...with one win...can the Vikes produce coaches for other teams or what?...geez...that bites the big one....oh well...maybe with Frazier, we finally did the right thing...now let's see how cheddar works against steel...GO VIKES!!!
True Viking Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Jan 24, 2011
Matt Hasselback or Carson Palmer baby!!!

eric_113

I did NOT miss a spot

#28 Jan 24, 2011
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree about Raji, great job by him. Sure could have done without that celebratory dance though.

eric_113

I did NOT miss a spot

#29 Jan 24, 2011
PurpleHaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...now that you mention it...i thought something looked familiar about the Teddies play calling...Klink's KAO...you got your wish Eric...although the Jets did make a game of it near the end...Tomlin...2 trips to the dance...with one win...can the Vikes produce coaches for other teams or what?...geez...that bites the big one....oh well...maybe with Frazier, we finally did the right thing...now let's see how cheddar works against steel...GO VIKES!!!
It was a lot like Klinks playcalling huh? Pound the ball, over and over even though it doesn't work. They had a nifty little pass to CT there, but never really got him involved in the game, he could have helped. Coulda, shoulda, sounds like the Vikes season!

The Steelers survived a pretty good rally there. I think they stand a much better chance in the SB than the Jets. Did you see Rex Ryan slam his headset to the ground at the end? Priceless. Karma bit that team in the behind. They had some pretty shady shenanigans going on this season. I don't believe the Jenn Sterger story came to light the week before the Jets game by coincidence.
purplehaze1

St. John's, Canada

#30 Jan 24, 2011
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a lot like Klinks playcalling huh? Pound the ball, over and over even though it doesn't work. They had a nifty little pass to CT there, but never really got him involved in the game, he could have helped. Coulda, shoulda, sounds like the Vikes season!
The Steelers survived a pretty good rally there. I think they stand a much better chance in the SB than the Jets. Did you see Rex Ryan slam his headset to the ground at the end? Priceless. Karma bit that team in the behind. They had some pretty shady shenanigans going on this season. I don't believe the Jenn Sterger story came to light the week before the Jets game by coincidence.
...you're right about the Steelers being a better opponent...i watched the curtain win almost every other year in the 70's...never though i would cheer for em...but...the Pukers...not a chance...i wondered why they didn't use CT more...especially when they needed short yardage...that was the other reason i was rooting for the Teddies...CT pretty much went from the Vikes as primarily a 3rd down back, to the same role with Chicago...i always liked his game and he never complains...would love to see him back in Purple...if not...i hope he does win one before his game is up...now Tomlin...carve up that cheese...GO VIKES!!!
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#31 Jan 24, 2011
There was a one moment during the game that was thoroughly enjoyable...Referring to when J. Peppers came and laid one on Arron (whats his name)...I had hoped to see that green bunny dragged off the field..Instead of the NFL fining Peppers for that hit, He should be awarded a metal for a great effort to remove Green Turkey's head..Just hope the Steel Curtain can finish the job on Super Sunday...
purplehaze1

St. John's, Canada

#32 Jan 24, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
There was a one moment during the game that was thoroughly enjoyable...Referring to when J. Peppers came and laid one on Arron (whats his name)...I had hoped to see that green bunny dragged off the field..Instead of the NFL fining Peppers for that hit, He should be awarded a metal for a great effort to remove Green Turkey's head..Just hope the Steel Curtain can finish the job on Super Sunday...
...lol...i thought about mentioning that in an earlier post...but then i said...naw...leave that to tracks...i'm sure he will be here, and he will have a lot more fun with it...it was a pretty thing though...GO VIKES!!!
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#33 Jan 24, 2011
purple haze 1 wrote:
<quoted text>...lol...i thought about mentioning that in an earlier post...but then i said...naw...leave that to tracks...i'm sure he will be here, and he will have a lot more fun with it...it was a pretty thing though...GO VIKES!!!
It tickled me so, I went back to my tape of the game and watched it again, and again, hoping the outcome would change..Darn recorder!..Have to get new one for the Super Sunday Steelers...will have extra popcorn to munch on during the thrashing of the green weenies...
purplehaze1

St. John's, Canada

#34 Jan 24, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
It tickled me so, I went back to my tape of the game and watched it again, and again, hoping the outcome would change..Darn recorder!..Have to get new one for the Super Sunday Steelers...will have extra popcorn to munch on during the thrashing of the green weenies...
... i knew you wouldn't let me down...lol...hell...i was going to save my new Viking beer glasses, the woman gave me for xmas until next season...now...i think i will christen at least one when the "Curtain Smothers the Cheesers"...Buds...Brats and a Beatdown on the Pukers...now that's entertainment...GO VIKES!!!
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#35 Jan 24, 2011
purple haze 1 wrote:
<quoted text>... i knew you wouldn't let me down...lol...hell...i was going to save my new Viking beer glasses, the woman gave me for xmas until next season...now...i think i will christen at least one when the "Curtain Smothers the Cheese"...Buds...Brats and a Beatdown on the Pukers...now that's entertainment...GO VIKES!!!
I think the Steelers Center hurt his ankle in the jets game.. But he will play in the SB...Have to round up some Hammns, the beer refreshing, chases the dirt right down the drain...Oops, wrong commercial...Correct one is Milwaukee Beer...Made from genuine Wisconsin Horse P.....Drank by ex favre fan, "just a real turtle day", and other assorted miss guided green Bay ruffians...
gas

Geneva, NY

#36 Jan 24, 2011
Boy, Fraizer does a good deed for his friend Heuy and offers him a job and even gives him some time to make his decision, and Huey is taken advantage of Fraizer by taken more time to make his decision, what a real friend, maybe he should retire because he'll take forever to make decisions, he probably be next year when he decides to make a coach decision or tell the running backs what to do, just a 63 old fart to old to coach can't players can't wait a year for him to make a decision on a question they ask him

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#37 Jan 24, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Steelers Center hurt his ankle in the jets game.. But he will play in the SB...Have to round up some Hammns, the beer refreshing, chases the dirt right down the drain...Oops, wrong commercial...Correct one is Milwaukee Beer...Made from genuine Wisconsin Horse P.....Drank by ex favre fan, "just a real turtle day", and other assorted miss guided green Bay ruffians...
...LMFAO...you know you're going to make ex4fan and the other geniuses feel bad...hell they may even stop enlightening us with their entertaining,insightful and profound football knowledge(as seen through GB eyes)...now would you really want to do that...hehehehehe...GO VIKES!!!

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

#38 Jan 24, 2011
gas wrote:
Boy, Fraizer does a good deed for his friend Heuy and offers him a job and even gives him some time to make his decision, and Huey is taken advantage of Fraizer by taken more time to make his decision, what a real friend, maybe he should retire because he'll take forever to make decisions, he probably be next year when he decides to make a coach decision or tell the running backs what to do, just a 63 old fart to old to coach can't players can't wait a year for him to make a decision on a question they ask him
...he's waiting for the aroma of Klink to dissipate...GO VIKES!!!
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#39 Jan 24, 2011
deer tracks wrote:
He should be awarded a metal for a great effort to remove Green Turkey's head
What type of metal did you have in mind? Aluminum? Lead? Scandium?
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#40 Jan 24, 2011
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
What type of metal did you have in mind? Aluminum? Lead? Scandium?
Steel.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Winter Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town ending brief electric ice resurfacer exper... Mar 21 CouncilPhart 2
News Sheila Campbell receives Georgetown Hockey Heri... Mar 11 ReceivesPhartz 2
Figure skater Meryl Davis does not look human (Feb '10) Mar 10 Ed D 93
News Super Weird Shit going down in Sochi (Jan '14) Feb '17 Phart Athletically 9
News US figure skating darling makes racist tweet, a... (Nov '13) Jan '17 SeedPharts 34
News Strange omissions reveal NHL's real motive for ... Jan '17 RankingPharts 7
News Pittsfield promoter shines at the Olympics (Mar '10) Jan '17 The Worlds Bigges... 9
More from around the web