Why isn't NBC showing any medal ceremonies (Vancouver) on TV?

Posted in the Olympic Winter Games Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
A Viewer

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

We haven't seen any medal ceremonies or heard anything explaining why? Has anyone heard anything? We always look forward to those moments.
Laurence Murphy

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Yes, emphatically, why are there no medal ceremonies in this coverage. Serious mistake.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

I don't know how they do the scheduling, but sunday afternoon, with everyone available to watch, they had biathilon, cross country skying, and our women kicking the crap out of China in hockey..........what's up with that???????
merri milw

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Thank you for asking the question. I am at a real loss to understand why they would withhold these from we the audience. Soon enough they will see a drop in their ratings when they realize that they are not showing us what we want to see. This should be a warning to NBC : Don't conan/leno the olympics too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

They just had ceremony! Go Team U.S.A!!!
A viewer

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Judged:

A Viewer wrote:
We haven't seen any medal ceremonies or heard anything explaining why? Has anyone heard anything? We always look forward to those moments.

Looks like ceremonies are in a central spot a day later. O'er the ramparts we watched...
Mikesta from USA

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Judged:

Yeah, kinda sad. It's an integral part of the whole Olympics experience, and I've watched about 16 hours of olympic coverage and I've seen two people receive medals. Definitely a huge letdown.

Part of the fault lies with VANOC deciding to save a whole bunch of money (or so they claim) by having all the medal ceremonies for the day lumped into one event, rather than awarding them individually after each event (like it's been done in the past).

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

nbc==$h¡† They have NEVER had decent coverage of the olympics.
samantha

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

I still have yet to see any medals be awarded? Whats going on?!?
RWinnek

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

My question is: Why does NBC still have the soul rights to Olympic coverage in the USA? They have been consistently horrible for as long as I can remember. This is a world wide event! I would rather watch a match with no American contention than watch fireside chats and clips that are replayed over and over and over again.

Thank god Canada finally won a gold! Maybe they can move on from that talking point. But, for some strange reason, I have a feeling we'll be seeing the recap on that for the rest of their coverage. NBC.. SHUT UP and show us the GAMES!
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

I saw the medal ceremony for the womens mogels lastnight around 11pm eastern time....i will puke if there is more Luge.....

Sol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Go Blue wrote:
i will puke if there is more Luge.....
Here's a halfway-decent schedule showing competition days (grey) and medal days (gold). Luge only runs for five days, tomorrow being the last.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/event-results-sche...
nbc is sucking at showing biathlon so far - I hope they do better with curling.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Sunday afternoon, they showed the mens biathalon forever. Your kidding about the curling, huh? Wish they would have shown the whole men's downhill, instead of only top five, in recap....they save too much for primetime.....money, money, money.....
Rock Evans

Hartland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

MSNBC just spent 10 minutes talking about how the men's figure skating was won by an American, and how badly the Russian (who finished 2nd), pouted on stage, and scowled at the judges throughout the medal award cermoney, but they NEVER showed one second of it! NBC = LOSERS!
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Wish we could have seen all of the downhill or combined events, even if they were on USA or CNBC, rather than the capsulized, spoonfed segment dished out to us, only available in primetime....Wish ABC had the coverage, as ESPN would have done a much better job......
ren

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

I'm from Canada and living in the US and hugely disapointed with the coverage of they Olympics by NBC. They barely have any coverage, and when they do its tape-delayed and aired during prime time. They show events that little care about. and will show only parts of other events.
If you go online all you can stream live are two events, Hockey and curling, of which are already aired on TV, Whats the point!
Back home they have a station dedicated all day to the olympics (CTV), and many others that show entire events and highlights. If you can't catch it on TV you can catch it Live streaming online for free!
NBC has really let me down with their decisions on this one.
Rock Evans

Hartland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Ren - agree with you, but as you said, you're in America now, and American companies won't do anything just to benefit Americans, if that means their profits will be reduced. In the U.S., profits, stockholders, shareholders, and executives come first - the U.S. citizen comes last!
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Feel sorry for the young kids that have to be in bed by nine or so, they don't get to see any alpine or short track skating....such a shame, i remember years ago when sporting events were held in daytime, so all ages could enjoy.......hope NBC chokes on all their primetime cash along with the olympic comitee that allowed this.......
Rosie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

I think NBC did a good job covering the olympics, but I NEVER saw the USA get any coverage when they got the gold. It is so neat when I see our american flag raised at the olympics when we have earned the gold. Really disappointed

Sol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

I just finished watching the wretched excess that was the 'closing ceremonies'.

It used to be "Oh Canada!"; now it's "EWWW, Canada…".

Inflatable beavers, short-skirted high-kicking Mountie-ettes, catherine o'hara (the years haven't been kind) with off-color jokes, a remarkably steady 'alex keaton', and an inflated(-ego) william shatner (da past tense of sh¡†ner, eh?).

AND nbc CUT AWAY FROM IT ALL TO SOME KIND OF NEW seinfeld SHOW !!! I'm still trying to figure out if that was a BAD thing.

(lowercase deliberate in ALL instances)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••