Figure skater Meryl Davis does not lo...

Figure skater Meryl Davis does not look human

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
roonn

Rockville, MD

#1 Feb 21, 2010
I'm serious, she looks more like some sort of alien, maybe one of those Na'Vi without the blue skin, than she does a human.
roonn

Rockville, MD

#2 Feb 21, 2010
Wow, just did a search, and I'm not the only one who thinks that!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&...
Murray

Cheney, WA

#3 Feb 21, 2010
roonn wrote:
Wow, just did a search, and I'm not the only one who thinks that!
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&...
You realize, of course, that whatever your thoughts about
how she looks on the outside, you've revealed more about
who you are on the inside.

She's more attractive on both counts.

C'mon back when you acquire some class.
Ghost of Jim McKay

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2010
Yes, she does look like the avatar princess, however, she is a very pretty girl notwithstanding.
roonn

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2010
Murray wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize, of course, that whatever your thoughts about
how she looks on the outside, you've revealed more about
who you are on the inside.
She's more attractive on both counts.
C'mon back when you acquire some class.
Absolutely not. I was NOT judging the book by its cover. I was ONLY judging the cover, and not the book.

She could be a perfectly pleasant person, for all I know.
Joy

Portland, OR

#7 Feb 23, 2010
I thought she looked alien or avatar like as well.Either that or her mother was an alcholic-they tend to have babies with wide set eyes.
yeahyouwish

Winchester, IN

#8 Feb 23, 2010
Why do you guys have to trash her?
You're all obviously jealous of her success she's had in her life.
You wish that was you.
roonn

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2010
Jealous of her success? Then why aren't we talking about Charlie White, or Tessa Virtue, etc?
Murray

Cheney, WA

#10 Feb 23, 2010
roonn wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. I was NOT judging the book by its cover. I was ONLY judging the cover, and not the book.
She could be a perfectly pleasant person, for all I know.
Congratulations on figuring out just how shallow
you are.
roonn

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2010
"Congratulations on figuring out just how shallow
you are."

Two points:

1) I never said that the Na'Vi aliens are ugly. You presumed that. Like that other guy said, you wouldn't have said anything if I had said Meryl Davis is beautiful.

2) Learn the difference between judging *an appearance* and judging *someone by their appearance*. The former is just an observation, the latter is shallow. Now get off your high horse.
Murray

Cheney, WA

#12 Feb 23, 2010
roonn wrote:
"Congratulations on figuring out just how shallow
you are."
Two points:
1) I never said that the Na'Vi aliens are ugly. You presumed that. Like that other guy said, you wouldn't have said anything if I had said Meryl Davis is beautiful.
2) Learn the difference between judging *an appearance* and judging *someone by their appearance*. The former is just an observation, the latter is shallow. Now get off your high horse.
Geez, what a two bit backpedaling phony. Take another look
at your first two posts and the trash you recommend to us for
viewing. When you say someone looks like "an alien" you are
not judging "an appearance," you are judging "their appearance."

Why not just admit that the anonymity of the internet gave
you that warm and fuzzy feeling of being able to say what you
think without any risk to yourself, in fact believing that
your words were funny.

"High horse," no. I'm just one of about 95% of the human
population that would think your words were intentionally
demeaning, cruel, and subhuman. What is more, if you couldn't
say it to her face, it ought not be said.
roonn

United States

#13 Feb 23, 2010
Well now who's backpedaling. You only commented because you believe the comparison to the Avatar creature is demeaning, not because you care about my alleged shallowness. You wouldn't have said anything if I had said Meryl Davis is beautiful.
Murray

Cheney, WA

#14 Feb 23, 2010
roonn wrote:
Well now who's backpedaling. You only commented because you believe the comparison to the Avatar creature is demeaning, not because you care about my alleged shallowness. You wouldn't have said anything if I had said Meryl Davis is beautiful.
roonn, you need to grow up a bit and understand that
adults regard comparing a young woman's looks to those
of an alien creature as fair evidence of a person lacking
in fundamental class or courtesy, particularly when it
is launched under the anonymity of the internet.

Now find yourself a life outside in the real world.
I'm moving on to salvageable projects.

BTW, if I said your wife or your mother looked like
an alien I don't believe you would thank me for
tossing them a compliment.
roonn

United States

#15 Feb 24, 2010
Murray, I have actually seen people say that Meryl Davis looks like the Avatar creature AND looks beautiful too. So it is a subjective thing - saying she looks like an alien is not necessarily an insult... some people apparently think it's a compliment!
chinaguy

Hangzhou, China

#16 Feb 25, 2010
it's true she doesn't look like human.
actully she has a snake face.
but she's beautiful, snakes always turn into a beauty in chinese folk tales.
Agree

Dallas, TX

#17 Feb 28, 2010
I think she is beautiful and looks like an alien. She is more beautiful than 99% of 'human' girls.
iagreetoo

Port Huron, MI

#18 Mar 6, 2010
i've seen her in person and she has an unusual look but is very pretty. she is way out of roonn's league in looks, intellect and athletic ability not to mention common decency
John

Port Huron, MI

#19 Mar 6, 2010
Link to a picture of you or stop talking.
Tim

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Mar 7, 2010
Murray sounds like a whiny crybaby wussy...Davis does look like a Na'vi form Avatar..Did we offend Meryl??...I don't think she would be offended...Murray sounds like the kind of guy who cried when his liitle league baseball team didn't win and he didn't get a trophy ...stop being so sensitive..
Relevant

Elmhurst, IL

#21 Mar 7, 2010
To those of you contrarians who always seem to weigh in with irrelevant postings (like whether Roonn is shallow) are missing the point.

The topic here is whether Meryl looks human. Debate or don't debate but please stick to the topic and not offer personal attacks as the basis of your argument.
If you want to start a new topic like "Meryl is beautiful" or "Roonn is a turd" then please do that and stop posting here.
Roonn didn't say she was ugly, just that here wide set eyes give her a very distictive look which might not be human.

For me, I have been the one offering the observations she is one strange-looking girl.
You don't see many other humans with facial features like hers. I wonder why that is the case? Someone suggested alcohol abuse by the mother, can anyone confirm? Anyone seen her parents?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Winter Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emotions run high for 4 Canadians ahead of wome... Apr '17 HighPhartsz 2
News Town ending brief electric ice resurfacer exper... Mar '17 CouncilPhart 2
News Sheila Campbell receives Georgetown Hockey Heri... Mar '17 ReceivesPhartz 2
News Super Weird Shit going down in Sochi (Jan '14) Feb '17 Phart Athletically 9
News US figure skating darling makes racist tweet, a... (Nov '13) Jan '17 SeedPharts 34
News Strange omissions reveal NHL's real motive for ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 RankingPharts 7
News Pittsfield promoter shines at the Olympics (Mar '10) Jan '17 The Worlds Bigges... 9
More from around the web