U.S. Olympic outfits made in China

Full story: CNN
The U.S. Olympic Committee is defending sponsor Ralph Lauren's uniforms for the opening ceremonies at the London Games after it was revealed American athletes will be wearing clothing manufactured in China. Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2012
2 questions...

who in the usa approved the uniforms?

those advocating adhering to globalization should ask themselves why we should when all these other countries INCLUDING china do not.

protectionism anyone?

when will the idiots on capitol hill finally realize that the free trade agreements including nafta and cafta are not working?

..when we sacrifice ourselves totally to the rest of the world? BRING BACK THE JOBS! BRING BACK THE FACTORIES!

I liked it back before the idiots changed the status quo. remember the 6% interest rates on our savings? all the jobs that we could get on summer break? 2 chickens in every pot?

FU#K THE CHEAP GOODS. I want it the way it was before the hippies decided to sacrifice our livihoods for the rest of the world.
Your Ex

Ashburn, VA

#3 Jul 13, 2012
Gino wrote:
What do you expect when Obama bought 3 buses to campaign in not built in America.
Go to Nashville.
Find a tour bus made in the US &
I'll give you a shiny new dime!
Your Ex

Ashburn, VA

#4 Jul 13, 2012
It's called
Capitalism &
Free trade.
Don't like it?
Vote smarter.
morons disoriented

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 13, 2012
It's called stupidity of capitalism and freedom to be greedy and dumb. No pride no nationalism no self respect. Democracy in chaos and turmoil. Mfg apparels is hardwork playing wall street and printing money is easy money and bigger money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Winter Games Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top 10 most tweeted-about Canadian news stories... Dec 9 for community 1
Martin Brodeur Going Home To Montreal? Nov 25 Spartacus1962 12
James Hook, pictured, has not been selected in ... Oct '14 David1982 1
Post a Comment (Mar '10) Oct '14 Foakleys 11
Mao Asada Aims to Beat Kim Yu-na's Skating Score (Mar '10) Oct '14 skatespirit 17
Norway owns the winter olympics Oct '14 games-encyclo 1
Troop hopes Pan Am Games leave a legacy (Nov '13) Oct '14 he sure did 2