Chinese swimmer, 16, stuns with fast ...

Chinese swimmer, 16, stuns with fast time

There are 41 comments on the WAPT-TV Jackson story from Jul 30, 2012, titled Chinese swimmer, 16, stuns with fast time. In it, WAPT-TV Jackson reports that:

When Chinese teenager Ye Shiwen dives into the pool on Monday, all eyes will be firmly on the clock to see if she can repeat her world-beating -- Ryan Lochte-beating -- time in the last 50 meters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAPT-TV Jackson.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Seattle, WA

#24 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>I see, you're still in possession of the worst people skills on Topix....born without a personality, eh?
thats because I have to talk to low IQ whiny American who like to point fingers... when its a given that many on your 2012 Olympic team are juicing up right now...

its simple logic... you dont hear me talking about animal rights...

when my Country bashes baby seals on the head...

or pollution when the Oil sands creates the equivalent of 1 oil spill a year in pollution...

loser Americans bring up the fact the Chinese juiced up in the 1990s

well shiet we know you Americans are juicing up today
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Seattle, WA

#25 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
He got caught, hitting a pot bong once.....yet, everyone feels the need to make it into something much worse.....that is an awful feature of human nature.....
I didnt give a shiet that he hit the bong...

but you loudmouth americans like to pipe up...about some girl who trained who since she was 7 trained the last 9 years of her life 5 hours a day could go 5 seconds faster than she did 2 years ago when she was 14

so im going to question how a old dude like him could only train the last 2 years for these Olympics and win medals without juicing it up
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#26 Aug 3, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Go Blue you told me to watch the womens volleyball but the water polo is more revealing LOL!!
It's all good....I'm wanting an indoor volleyball match between the females from Brazil vs. Columbia....lol....have you been to any of the events? Or steering clear?
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#27 Aug 3, 2012
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
thats because I have to talk to low IQ whiny American who like to point fingers... when its a given that many on your 2012 Olympic team are juicing up right now...
its simple logic... you dont hear me talking about animal rights...
when my Country bashes baby seals on the head...
or pollution when the Oil sands creates the equivalent of 1 oil spill a year in pollution...
loser Americans bring up the fact the Chinese juiced up in the 1990s
well shiet we know you Americans are juicing up today
How those female badmitton teams doing?
New China

Wuhan, China

#28 Aug 3, 2012
all eyes will be firmly on the clock to see if she can repeat her world-beating -- she winned.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Seattle, WA

#29 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>How those female badmitton teams doing?
nice reply fat old fart... with a Asian fetish

the other Chinese womens team will still win the gold..

btw

my neighbor went to Florida, told me he could buy a 1900 square foot place there for 100 thousand...

the friends he was visiting bought their place for over 300 thousand..

big talking broke a$$$ americans kicing the can down the road and fcuking over their own kids...

Since: Jun 11

Dunstable, UK

#30 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>It's all good....I'm wanting an indoor volleyball match between the females from Brazil vs. Columbia....lol....have you been to any of the events? Or steering clear?
The torch procession came through my town so I went to see that, got nice and wet. Went to a freebie at Hampton court to watch Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins win Olympic gold. Gee what a year for that guy and he won easily.
No tickets so watch on tv where you get a better view anyway, unless you are in USA LOL!!. Hear you are having problems with delayed tapes freezing and running slow I think on CBN?
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#31 Aug 3, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
The torch procession came through my town so I went to see that, got nice and wet. Went to a freebie at Hampton court to watch Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins win Olympic gold. Gee what a year for that guy and he won easily.
No tickets so watch on tv where you get a better view anyway, unless you are in USA LOL!!. Hear you are having problems with delayed tapes freezing and running slow I think on CBN?
We are having a problem with NBC, in all their greed....they gave times to media on events, then don't follow them....everytime i go to watch boxing, it ends up being Croatia vs. Egypt soccer, or like team handball....lol....

Since: Jun 11

Dunstable, UK

#32 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>We are having a problem with NBC, in all their greed....they gave times to media on events, then don't follow them....everytime i go to watch boxing, it ends up being Croatia vs. Egypt soccer, or like team handball....lol....
Well at least america has just overtook China in the medals table and with athletics to come you should retain top spot. I think the games will be honest as we disqualified the Chinese and ourselves for minor infringements in the cycling following the disqualifications in the Badminton for four pairs (all Asian) deliberately trying to lose.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#33 Aug 3, 2012
That badminton situation, was incredible...seems a firm grasp of the Olympic spirit, eludes them, eh? Many people, that have never travelled through Asia, don't understand how common, corruption is....
whatsthatsmell

Pottstown, PA

#34 Aug 3, 2012
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt give a shiet that he hit the bong...
but you loudmouth americans like to pipe up...about some girl who trained who since she was 7 trained the last 9 years of her life 5 hours a day could go 5 seconds faster than she did 2 years ago when she was 14
so im going to question how a old dude like him could only train the last 2 years for these Olympics and win medals without juicing it up
Maybe the lack of juice accounts for Phelps lack of motivation which still is clear in many of his interviews and expressions. Still say he was coerced as a marketing ploy for NBC, the Olympics and US Swim program.

I'm also wondering with Phelps 'retiring' after 08 excluded him from much of the year round drug testing these athletes are subject to. So he could've doped until he was in enough shape to do it on his own. But supposedly his large hands and feet just like the Chinese girl are what makes them great. Still have to train assisted or unassisted.
Fishes

Palo Alto, CA

#35 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
That badminton situation, was incredible...seems a firm grasp of the Olympic spirit, eludes them, eh? Many people, that have never travelled through Asia, don't understand how common, corruption is....
I also agree that the badminton situation was incredibly poor sportsmanship, but I don't see how you can/should associate that with corruption with the Asian countries. Not that I don't disagree that there is corruption in China, it is just that are sort of separate things. Humanity in general can be prone to poor sportsmanship and deceit.

I think America is general one of the best countries... but it's not like we haven't had our own Olympic (Marion Jones, Tyler Hamilton, Tonya Harding) or corruption scandals (Bell, California).
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#36 Aug 3, 2012
Moderatly rare in America, next to say, parts of asia, central and south america, eastern europe.....not even close.....
Italain Stallion

Orleans, Canada

#41 Aug 3, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody sounds like they still can't get over what's his name? Oh yeah that's right it was the steroid using Ben Johnson from Canada (Stanozlol I believe it was, right?)
You are a typical American moron in denial. Have you ever heard of Marion Jones? She is such a f&^%ing joke. She denied using steroids in front of a grand jury. Talk about stupid!!!!!! Then the fake apology and tears to go with it. I have no use for athletes like her. Glad she was stripped of all her gold medals. Couldn't have happened to more of an idiot. Then there was Flo Jo ( Florence Griffith Joyner ) who died I believe as a result of steroid abuse. Unfortunately her record still stands in the 100 M which is a joke. There is no doubt many of the American male swimmers are on the juice. They simply know how to mask it better than other countries!!!!!!!!!!
Italain Stallion

Orleans, Canada

#42 Aug 3, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody sounds like they still can't get over what's his name? Oh yeah that's right it was the steroid using Ben Johnson from Canada (Stanozlol I believe it was, right?)
No doubt Phelps and Lochte are on the juice. They just have good doctors who are good at masking the juice. Don't be naive you moron.
Italain Stallion

Orleans, Canada

#43 Aug 3, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>I see, you're still in possession of the worst people skills on Topix....born without a personality, eh?
Is that not the pot calling the kettle black. You being from the most outspoken, arrogant nation on the planet. He's got a very good point and this is just a pathetic excuse for a come back.
Italain Stallion

Orleans, Canada

#44 Aug 3, 2012
Olympian wrote:
Sebastien Coe did not recognized Michael Phelps as the greatest Olympian of all time because of videos showing him doing coke and other illegal drugs. It has also been rumored that he took performance enhancing drugs by many of his inner circle. Before we jumped on other people we need to shut up and let the testers do their job. Ye has been tested before the Olympic , before each race and after each race and chances she will be tested after the Olympics, all clean and negative. So she has been tested by the most advanced equipment and numerous times so let it be.
Phelps is NOT the greatest Olympian of all time. He has the most medals but that doesn't mean he is the greatest Olympian. In most other sports you don't have the same opportunity to win as many medals. Sebastian's comments had nothing to do with Phelps and the bong photos etc. He is probably in the top 5 or 10 of all time. I would say Daley Thompson who won 2 Olympic decathlons should be in the discussion as the winner of the decathlon is considered the world's greatest athlete. Jim Thorpe, Jessie Owens, Edwin Moses etc. should be in the discussion as well.
whatsthatsmell

Pottstown, PA

#45 Aug 4, 2012
Victor Conte, the BALCO guy who supplied Marion Jones & others says you could still dope with older methods. Says if you inject something like EPO by IV by it's undetectable with in 19 hours.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-20...

What these athletes could be doing is doping to train for harder workouts and faster recovery basically speeding up their "evolution". Steroids are as much about recovering faster as they are strength.

The problem is unless you learn to do and buy this stuff yourself you need an entourage of medical staff and trainers. The Chinese and US have the resources to do this year round and correctly. I don't think teenagers really need this stuff though.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Mackenzie, Canada

#46 Aug 5, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
That badminton situation, was incredible...seems a firm grasp of the Olympic spirit, eludes them, eh? Many people, that have never travelled through Asia, don't understand how common, corruption is....
yeah water ever dummy like there is no corruption in the USA... as your elite crashed your economy...

and you gave them bailouts for their efforts in 2008...

last year your Federal Reserves bought 61% of the Treasury debt form your Treasury... as if that is not printing money out of thin air...

and as your government pretends there is no such thing as "Accounts Payable" on your government balance sheet...
Anonymous

Philippines

#47 Aug 6, 2012
What's funny is that back in 2008 the Americans were complaining that the little Chinese girl was too young and therefore had an unfair advantage.

Now 2012 the little Chinese girl is too young and therefore could not have possibly performed that well without doping.

Oh the irony.

I'm starting to think that China has caught on Americans obsession with their little girls and is just doing this on purpose to troll the US.

Communist Politician : Hey remember back when the Americans went all apesh!t over our little girl last 2008? I know we have better athletes but how about let's keep our Eugenics Project: Yao Ming II on ice for now and just throw another little girl at em. HAR HAR HAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summer Olympics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brown joins sub-10 second club, giving Canada t... Jun 16 Olympics chemical... 1
News Lord Coe under scrutiny ahead of IAAF vote on R... Jun 16 many Cheat 1
News Meet Milton's Senior High School Athletes of th... Jun 14 Milton got cash 1
News Muhammad Ali: The Greatest who transcended sport Jun 5 Media Misleading ... 2
News Tributes pour in for 'the greatest sportsman th... Jun 4 UnSportsman Like ... 1
News Cuban athlete was right to kick 'corrupt' judge... (Sep '08) May '16 zionist BARn 17
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May '16 Coolstory 1
More from around the web