How did Mexico get to host the olympi...

How did Mexico get to host the olympics in 1968 ?

Posted in the Summer Olympics Forum

Thegoodguy

Gurgaon, India

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Mexico is a beautiful country but certainly not without it's problems. While I was browsing through the Olympics host city list , I found out that Mexico City hosted the 1968 olympics. That came as a surprise to me considering that there Mexico is having many problems such as poverty even now and over 40 years ago that should should have been higher. Around that time IOC only gave the hosting rights to Developed countries and Mexico wasn't in a good state at that time. How was it then given the rights to host ? Were those olympics a success ? I couldn't find a lot of information on the internet as well. I mean even South Korea hosted the Olympics 20 years after Mexico even though It was and is Miles ahead of Mexico.if Mexico could be given hosting rights at that time what stops the IOC from encouraging African countries to host the olympics ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summer Olympics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brown joins sub-10 second club, giving Canada t... Jun 16 Olympics chemical... 1
News Lord Coe under scrutiny ahead of IAAF vote on R... Jun 16 many Cheat 1
News Meet Milton's Senior High School Athletes of th... Jun 14 Milton got cash 1
News Muhammad Ali: The Greatest who transcended sport Jun 5 Media Misleading ... 2
News Tributes pour in for 'the greatest sportsman th... Jun 4 UnSportsman Like ... 1
News Cuban athlete was right to kick 'corrupt' judge... (Sep '08) May '16 zionist BARn 17
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May '16 Coolstory 1
More from around the web