Sidelines: Locals ready for Special O...

Sidelines: Locals ready for Special Olympics

There are 3 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jun 23, 2009, titled Sidelines: Locals ready for Special Olympics. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Eleven athletes from Butte County will compete at the Special Olympics Northern California Summer Games at UC Davis from Friday through Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Chico, CA

#1 Jun 23, 2009
Go Kara- hope you have great swims in Davis!

Yolo, CA

#2 Jun 23, 2009
We the parents of the CUSD ask that you invite our local CUSD school board members and their staff to your special olympics as these bozos need some recocgnition for their inability to run our local school systems. Thank you... CUSD parents!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 30, 2009
We haven't formally invited the CUSD Board to our events, but we will in the future (I'm not going to reference the personal attack on the board). That's a great idea and I'm sure they would appreciate what some of our cooperative efforts yield (Special Olympics Butte County works closely with schools in Butte County - though they are not "sponsored by" or "directly affiliated" with the schools in any district).

Thanks for the comments.

Kara represented Butte County with superior fashion as did all of our athletes that went to Davis. More details will be provided to those that are on our communication list.

As Area Director of Special Olympics Butte County, I am proud to say that these athletes were competitive, had a great time, and represented Butte County extraordinarily well. They are just a fantastic group of athletes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summer Olympics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boxing news: Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder W... Mar 7 BoxingPhartse 2
News Green flag, 'Atomic Blonde': Charlize Theron to... Feb '18 Start pharts 2
News Larry Nassar has been sentenced to 40 to 175 ye... Feb '18 ThisPharts 4
News Good athlete, great kid taken from us too soon (Aug '08) Jan '18 Bro pharts 17
News Phelps in hot water again: Swimmer apologizes a... (Feb '09) Oct '17 Fart Pool 210
News Ronaldo now WORST in La Liga statistic Oct '17 YepPhart 2
News The World Is Running Out of Sand (May '17) Aug '17 OutPhartr 4