Created by HOME ALONE on Aug 15, 2008

18 votes

Click on an option to vote

total count

gold, siver, bronze

Since: Aug 08

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2008
Ok first off all it should say silver sorry about that.

Second I don't think the total count is the right way to do it, there is a reason to give the athlets a gold, silver or bronze medal. And as hard as it is China is leading right know.

Besides the rest of the world doesn't do the total count. I don't think it's the right think to do from the (most) US media. What do you think?

Since: Feb 08

Cany

#2 Aug 15, 2008
People actually need a reality check if they do vote on "total". Well if it's not for other reasons for example, China's got more gold medals but less on overalls so it will make US look good on medal tally if it's ranked by total number.

And then for those people who vote on "total" I tell ya the reality is a gold medal usually means the athelete who wins gold medal did better than the rest and that being better doesn't mean being the same, so one gold medal doesn't equal a silver or bronze, get it?

Since: Jun 08

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2008
speeddurango wrote:
People actually need a reality check if they do vote on "total". Well if it's not for other reasons for example, China's got more gold medals but less on overalls so it will make US look good on medal tally if it's ranked by total number.
And then for those people who vote on "total" I tell ya the reality is a gold medal usually means the athelete who wins gold medal did better than the rest and that being better doesn't mean being the same, so one gold medal doesn't equal a silver or bronze, get it?
I absolutely agree with you. Thank you. And I thought I wouldn't be patriotic enough LOL I wonder if the way yahoo, cnn, nbc and others count right now will change if the USA actually has the most gold medals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summer Olympics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Usain Bolt Taken Down - By A Segway 9 hr Fart news 5
News Roundup: China Quarantines 70 Mexicans in Swine... (May '09) Aug 10 Fart news 9
News Is Trayvon Bromell the next world's fastest man? Aug 7 Fart news 2
News Trending Now: Giants, JPP talk about possible r... Aug 4 Fart news 9
News West Indies Name Squad For Tri-Series In Canada (Aug '08) Jul '15 Fart news 3
News Mike Thompson Hired as First Paraswimming Head ... Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Bolt not worried by other sprinters Usain Bolt ... Jul '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web